Trump has questions about the F-35′s supply chain. Answers.

Design and construction
Elite 5K
Elite 5K

by spazsinbad » 14 May 2020, 18:40

Trump has questions about the F-35′s supply chain. Here are some answers.
14 May 2020 Valerie Insinna [TRUMP convolutions & ANSWERS all best read at source]

"WASHINGTON — During a Thursday morning cable news appearance, U.S. President Donald Trump blasted the F-35’s global supply chain and hinted he might intercede to bring more work on the Lockheed Martin-made jet back to the United States. Trump brought up the F-35 during an exchange where Fox Business Network’s Maria Bartiromo asked how the president plans to incentivize key U.S. industries — such as pharmaceutical companies — to cut China out of their supply chain.

“I could tell you hundreds of stories of the stupidity that I’ve seen. As an example, we’re making a fighter jet. It’s a certain fighter jet, I won’t tell you which, but it happens to be the F-35,” Trump said. “It’s a great jet, and we make parts for this jet all over the world. We make them in Turkey, we make them here, we’re going to make them there. All because President [Barack] Obama and others — I’m not just blaming him — thought it was a wonderful thing,” he said. “The problem is if we have a problem with a country, you can’t make the jet. We get parts from all over the place. It’s so crazy. We should make everything in the United States.” “Could we do it?” Bartiromo asked....

...It’s unclear whether Trump was speaking specifically about the F-35 [? Shirley he was] when he expressed a desire to see production move to the United States and that he would take action to make that happen. The Pentagon and Lockheed Martin did not immediately respond to requests for comment about whether they had been given any direction from the White House....

...President Barack Obama and his predecessors weren’t really to blame for the globalized structure of the program.
Historically — at least until Trump — a president hasn’t publicly interfered in the F-35 program. The Obama administration was broadly supportive of the F-35, continuing to finance the program even as it hit a number of technical snags that caused cost and schedule to balloon. However, the structure of the program and much of the F-35 supply chain was already set in stone before Obama was sworn into office in 2009....

...Turkey has an industrial role in building the F-35, and that’s changing on the U.S. government’s terms.
Trump’s assertion that Turkey could deny the United States key F-35 components doesn’t reflect the current status quo, as it’s the U.S. Defense Department that is working to expel Turkey from the program. While it is true that Turkey, as an international partner on the F-35 program, helps to manufacture the jet and build key components, Trump has overstated the role played by Turkey. According to the U.S. Government Accountability Office, Turkey makes about 1,000 different components for the F-35...."

Source: https://www.defensenews.com/air/2020/05 ... e-answers/

Elite 1K
Elite 1K

by loke » 14 May 2020, 19:34

It’s a certain fighter jet, I won’t tell you which, but it happens to be the F-35,” Trump said.
:doh:

Did he really say that?

Anyway, he has also sold SH to Finland and F-52 to Norway. Not sure if I understand any of this. Too complicated.

Elite 5K
Elite 5K

by sferrin » 14 May 2020, 19:45

loke wrote:
It’s a certain fighter jet, I won’t tell you which, but it happens to be the F-35,” Trump said.

Did he really say that?

Anyway, he has also sold SH to Finland and F-52 to Norway. Not sure if I understand any of this. Too complicated.

What is an "F-52"?
"There I was. . ."

Elite 5K
Elite 5K

by spazsinbad » 14 May 2020, 19:46

Trump is a tricky fella with woids which are explained at a later time.

Elite 1K
Elite 1K

by loke » 14 May 2020, 20:19

sferrin wrote:
loke wrote:

Did he really say that?

What is an "F-52"?

Hard to tell, but we can always guess; if I tell you that Norway is buying 52 F-35...

Elite 5K
Elite 5K

by XanderCrews » 16 May 2020, 16:30

Boeing Civil Sector is Cratering. Theres less carrot for Boeing to offer Canada now. They can't give them more shares of SH :devil:

Trump is saying we need to bring back the business and Canada has F-35 shares and aren't buying them...

watch out maple syrup monkeys.
Choose Crews