Norway may no longer require drag chute

Design and construction
  • Author
  • Message
Offline
User avatar

spazsinbad

Elite 5K

Elite 5K

  • Posts: 24080
  • Joined: 05 May 2009, 21:31
  • Location: ɐıןɐɹʇsn∀¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Warnings: -2

Unread post12 Oct 2019, 02:37

Gotta LAFF - reporters eh: "...Despite the drag chute problem, the Norwegian military is bullish on the F-35...." THANKS
A4G Skyhawk: www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/ & www.youtube.com/channel/UCwqC_s6gcCVvG7NOge3qfAQ/videos?view_as=subscriber
Offline
User avatar

lamoey

Elite 1K

Elite 1K

  • Posts: 1084
  • Joined: 25 Apr 2004, 17:44
  • Location: 77550

Unread post20 Feb 2020, 18:30

Here is a nice video of RNoAF F-35s landing in Iceland, where one of them are using its drag chute on a landing, with plenty of cross wind.

https://youtu.be/--ktjhhKrps
Last edited by lamoey on 20 Feb 2020, 22:05, edited 4 times in total.
Former Flight Control Technican - We keep'em flying
Offline
User avatar

spazsinbad

Elite 5K

Elite 5K

  • Posts: 24080
  • Joined: 05 May 2009, 21:31
  • Location: ɐıןɐɹʇsn∀¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Warnings: -2

Unread post20 Feb 2020, 19:01

Thanks for the tip however most of us here don't grok the language so finding this video is problematic - for me at least. Clues about the name - even in norsklander - would be helpful otherwise I see a page I don't grok which does not see all.
A4G Skyhawk: www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/ & www.youtube.com/channel/UCwqC_s6gcCVvG7NOge3qfAQ/videos?view_as=subscriber
Offline
User avatar

lamoey

Elite 1K

Elite 1K

  • Posts: 1084
  • Joined: 25 Apr 2004, 17:44
  • Location: 77550

Unread post20 Feb 2020, 22:04

spazsinbad wrote:Thanks for the tip however most of us here don't grok the language so finding this video is problematic - for me at least. Clues about the name - even in norsklander - would be helpful otherwise I see a page I don't grok which does not see all.


Eventually found the mp4 version of it and uploaded it to YouTube. Have a look now, without any Norwegian commentary or text.
Former Flight Control Technican - We keep'em flying
Offline
User avatar

spazsinbad

Elite 5K

Elite 5K

  • Posts: 24080
  • Joined: 05 May 2009, 21:31
  • Location: ɐıןɐɹʇsn∀¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Warnings: -2

Unread post20 Feb 2020, 23:29

lamoey wrote:
spazsinbad wrote:Thanks for the tip however most of us here don't grok the language so finding this video is problematic - for me at least. Clues about the name - even in norsklander - would be helpful otherwise I see a page I don't grok which does not see all.

Eventually found the mp4 version of it and uploaded it to YouTube. Have a look now, without any Norwegian commentary or text.

Does it have an URL? I tried googling RNoAF F-35s landing in Iceland Video YouTube & Norwegian F-35s landing in Iceland Video Youtube February 2020 found this: https://forsvaret.no/en/norway%C2%B4s-f-35-to-iceland

VIDEOs: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/j8l2ngj6dyor ... tracking=1

Example MIT Chute of DRAGness: 20200219MG_IAP_F-35_ankomst_16x9_h264.mp4 205Mb

ANotherie: 20200219MG_IAP_F-35_ankomst_16x9_h264_without-text.mp4 (97Mb)

NOdrag first three then FOUR goes FULL DRAG: 20200219MG_IAP_F-35_ankomst_B-Roll_h264.mp4 (630Mb)
Last edited by spazsinbad on 20 Feb 2020, 23:41, edited 2 times in total.
A4G Skyhawk: www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/ & www.youtube.com/channel/UCwqC_s6gcCVvG7NOge3qfAQ/videos?view_as=subscriber
Offline
User avatar

lamoey

Elite 1K

Elite 1K

  • Posts: 1084
  • Joined: 25 Apr 2004, 17:44
  • Location: 77550

Unread post20 Feb 2020, 23:37

spazsinbad wrote:
lamoey wrote:
spazsinbad wrote:Thanks for the tip however most of us here don't grok the language so finding this video is problematic - for me at least. Clues about the name - even in norsklander - would be helpful otherwise I see a page I don't grok which does not see all.

Eventually found the mp4 version of it and uploaded it to YouTube. Have a look now, without any Norwegian commentary or text.

Does it have an URL? I tried googling RNoAF F-35s landing in Iceland Video YouTube


In Scandinavian languages Iceland is spelled "island". That may be the magic trick.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/j8l2ngj6dyorh64/AAA_2M8IhX6M-AoEpYTXoN8Wa/Video?dl=0&subfolder_nav_tracking=1
Former Flight Control Technican - We keep'em flying
Offline
User avatar

spazsinbad

Elite 5K

Elite 5K

  • Posts: 24080
  • Joined: 05 May 2009, 21:31
  • Location: ɐıןɐɹʇsn∀¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Warnings: -2

Unread post20 Feb 2020, 23:42

I cottoned on to the second search for the video URLs/NAMES posted there above. Last video has ENgriSH subTiTles:

20200219MG_IAP_F-35_arrival_16x9_H264_ENG.mp4 (191Mb) [first one pops CHUTE cute but second one DOES NOT]
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/j8l2ngj6dyor ... tracking=1

The engrish viddy is being uploaded so fings take forever otherwise - if at all - so the photo referenced will come later....

OOPS I see belatedly the YouTube video has appeared above so I'll stop my upload...
Royal Norwegian Air Force F-35 Jets Arrive in Iceland for NATO Air Policing Mission
https://defpost.com/royal-norwegian-air ... g-mission/

Photo: https://defpost.com/wp-content/uploads/ ... 00x445.jpg
Attachments
F-35AnorwayKeflavik19feb2020dragChute.jpg
A4G Skyhawk: www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/ & www.youtube.com/channel/UCwqC_s6gcCVvG7NOge3qfAQ/videos?view_as=subscriber
Previous

Return to F-35 Design & Construction

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests