Aviano F-16s

Discuss F-16 events, special versions and paintschemes, serial numbers, ...
Elite 2K
Elite 2K

by habu2 » 15 Apr 2004, 15:15

Some nice photos of Aviano 31 FW Block 40s over on ARC, closeups of tail and nose art: http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/f ... 318efd5826
Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation

by Iron_Eagle » 16 Apr 2004, 00:32

Thanks for the link. I just received the Astra decals of those yesterday!
Anytime - Anywhere

Elite 2K
Elite 2K

by habu2 » 16 Apr 2004, 01:34

I just received the Astra decals of those yesterday!

I read on the DACO site that the first printing had the wrong shades of gray, and they would re-issue/replace those sheets - did they ever print the corrected sheets? How do the gray shades on your sheets compare to the photos?

by Iron_Eagle » 16 Apr 2004, 23:22

Hey h2, maybe you saw my post over a ARC, but I ordered mine from Victory Models. I was aware of this issue prior to ordering since I saw the topic you and several other guys participated in concerning the misprint. So I sent a note to Paul with the order, asking him to send me the corrected sheets. However, one of the sheets was the "correct" one and the others were not. Like that one guy in his post said, the "corrected" sheets have a little blue "B" on the top right hand corner. I have no doubt that it's not related to Paul and I've already contacted him for replacement. But be warned, the "corrected" sheets aren't much better, at least not in 1/72. The shadow of the stencil letters, for example, are not in an almost white shade but little darker, making me wonder if they'll still blend it with the tail... So to answer your question, no, the colors on the "corrected" 1/72 sheets are darker than those found on the photographs, provided that all "corrected" sheets look the same.
BTW, did you make any progress on those decal pages?
Anytime - Anywhere

Elite 2K
Elite 2K

by habu2 » 16 Apr 2004, 23:40

BTW, did you make any progress on those decal pages?

Not as much as I wanted, and I fly out Sunday for a month. I'm taking a copy of my website with me in case I get time to work on it but I'm not counting on it... :(

by Iron_Eagle » 20 Apr 2004, 15:59

Hey h2, I received a reply from Paul yesterday. He said that he is not able to handle my issue locally. What Paul has done, however, is contacted Danny and according to him, Danny is not very busy right now so I will get my correct sheets shipped soon. I just thought I'd share with you the information. Maybe you'd want to contact Danny again, see if have more luck this time. Anyhow, I'll keep you posted when I get my decals and tell you if they're really "better".
Anytime - Anywhere