Only 3 days to go to Daytona Beach Airshow

Discuss F-16 events, special versions and paintschemes, serial numbers, ...

by Infinity16 » 05 Nov 2003, 14:41

Not exactly sure why I am writting this but hey!

The AirShow in Daytona Bch. Fla is this saturday so I'm kinda excited with the ThunderBirds there and everything. What I don't like is how they have the airshow on the beach now! It's not the same. Theres no planes around to go get pictures with or get inside and enjoy it like it used to be. Now they converted it to where they fly over the ocean and you watch from the beach. Sure it's free now but I'd rather pay the, what $10?, to get in and actually get to see planes up close. Oh well gotta look at the good side... The ThunderBirds are there and that should be a good show!

Any other Airshows like this where you can't get upclose? If so where are they held? I grew up with one at a airport where you can always get up close!

by kmceject » 06 Nov 2003, 04:22

Sure there are. NYC they used to do at Coney Island with the Blue Angels. They would do a 30 minute show on Memorial Day weekends.

Fleet Week at the Intrepid Sea, Air, and Space Museum they usually would have a carrier in and do some air displays off the stern of the Intrepid. The carriers would have aircraft aboard, but they wouldn't be the aircraft used in the flying display. If there was no carrier, then there would be no aircraft on static, but they would have at least a fly-by of some aircraft and a helo display.

San Francisco also had similar displays of the Blue Angels I am told. The cool thing there was the reset path off show center was over the city. My friends used to watch the show from their roofs and get buzzed by the solos all the time.

Kevin
The Ejection Site

by Infinity16 » 06 Nov 2003, 14:25

Figured there were some... Man I wish we could have like old times but I'll quit my whining now and just travel for 2 hours to a good one. :)