Pentagon wishes to move money from Weapons to Wall

If you feel you absolutely must talk about cars, morality, or anything else not related to the F-16, do it here.
  • Author

basher54321

Elite 1K

Elite 1K

Unread post13 Feb 2020, 23:04

Feb. 13, 2020 | By Brian W. Everstine
The Pentagon wants to move $3.8 billion largely from weapons system accounts to pay for the planned wall along the southern border.

The Feb. 13 reprogramming request to Congress would take nearly $1.5 billion in funding already appropriated for the Air Force in 2020, including:

$156 million from appropriated advanced procurement funding for the F-35.
$196 million in base funding for C-130Js, resulting in the reduction of two airframes.
$169 million in OCO funding for C-130Js, resulting in the reduction of two more airlifters.
$160 million from MQ-9 procurement, resulting in the reduction of eight aircraft.
$180 million from the Air Force’s light attack experiment.
$205 million in “miscellaneous equipment” for the Air Force Reserve.
$395 million in “miscellaneous equipment” for the Air National Guard.
Those funds would break out as $2.2 billion from the base budget, plus $1.62 billion in funds appropriated for overseas contingency operations.

https://www.airforcemag.com/dod-wants-3 ... mq-9-cuts/
Last edited by basher54321 on 13 Feb 2020, 23:43, edited 1 time in total.

XanderCrews

Elite 5K

Elite 5K

Unread post13 Feb 2020, 23:05

Ha Theyre taking from light attack

:lmao:
Choose Crews

spazsinbad

Elite 5K

Elite 5K

• Warnings: -2

Unread post13 Feb 2020, 23:41

Navy, Marine Program Cuts Pay Biggest Share of New $4B Pentagon Border Barrier Funding
13 Feb 2020 Sam LaGrone

"...The request, in two parts, asks for $2.2 billion to be reprogrammed from defense appropriations for vehicles and weapons and another $1.63 billion from the Pentagon’s Overseas Contingency Operations fund. Of the $2.2 billion in the first part of the request, the Navy pays the lion’s share, with the request asking for $1.5 billion coming from shipbuilding and Navy and Marine Corps aircraft.

Specifically in naval aviation, the sea services would lose two F-35B Lighting II Joint Strike Fighters for $233 million, two V-22 Osprey tilt-rotor aircraft for $155 million and one P-8A anti-submarine warfare aircraft for $180 million."

Source: https://news.usni.org/2020/02/13/navy-m ... er-funding
A4G Skyhawk: www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/ & www.youtube.com/channel/UCwqC_s6gcCVvG7NOge3qfAQ/videos?view_as=subscriber

popcorn

Elite 5K

Elite 5K

Unread post14 Feb 2020, 01:31

Congress won't go for it
"When a fifth-generation fighter meets a fourth-generation fighter—the [latter] dies,”
CSAF Gen. Mark Welsh

optimist

Elite 1K

Elite 1K

Unread post14 Feb 2020, 01:50

I'm pretty sure it's not the Pentagon's wish
Aussie fanboy

spazsinbad

Elite 5K

Elite 5K

Unread post14 Feb 2020, 03:46

A4G Skyhawk: www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/ & www.youtube.com/channel/UCwqC_s6gcCVvG7NOge3qfAQ/videos?view_as=subscriber

southernphantom

Elite 1K

Elite 1K

Unread post14 Feb 2020, 03:52

It'd do more for national security than any of the purchase it would supplant.
I'm a mining engineer. How the hell did I wind up here?

optimist

Elite 1K

Elite 1K

Unread post14 Feb 2020, 04:11

southernphantom wrote:It'd do more for national security than any of the purchase it would supplant.

If you are talking about a full wall. It isn't what the experts think. It even isn't what Trump thinks. The term wall was a * on a note card, to remind him to talk about border security. It was never to build a wall in the beginning. Brown people are a dog whistle to the base and so it grew.
Aussie fanboy

XanderCrews

Elite 5K

Elite 5K

Unread post14 Feb 2020, 04:50

optimist wrote:
southernphantom wrote:It'd do more for national security than any of the purchase it would supplant.

If you are talking about a full wall. It isn't what the experts think. It even isn't what Trump thinks. The term wall was a * on a note card, to remind him to talk about border security. It was never to build a wall in the beginning. Brown people are a dog whistle to the base and so it grew.

We've seen what "experts" on the F-35 boondoggle have been telling us all these years I know on this very site, havnt we?

Gell-Mann Amnesia effect.

Both Southernphantom and I live in New Mexico, and you are clueless mate, so drop the "muh racism" garbage. There are very real national security threats, and since none of the police or alphabet agencies are willing or able (or both) to actually stop this, a wall is something people actually locked onto. immigration is creating absolute chaos here in everything from trafficking and crime to simply overwhelming public services and an unremitting nightmare regarding citizenship. Our state has had to start issuing drivers licenses to illegals so they can buy car insurance, sounds simple enough but now my ID can no longer be used to prove I'm an American Citizen. I literally need a pass port (spam filter?) to fly in my own country because the Federal Government no longer recognizes it. Thats not why I served. I served to be more free, not less.

You can look up the concept of Anarcho-Tyranny and Managerial state as well. multi-cultural, non assimaltion, mass immigration breeds authoritarianism. This isn't even new. people were talking about this back in the 1990s. (both the notion of destabilization and building a wall) People having been talking a wall or barrier since the 1990s at least. In 2007 John McCain made a commercial about "build the dang fence" Obama administration was absolutely ruthless in its deportation practices. Obama echoed Bill Clinton's words from the 1990s in some of his speechs directly boring them.

I got to tour Lackland AFB in 2015 and see it first hand. Immigrant families being given barracks to live in. Whole sections of the base closed off.

Building the wall is an imperfect solution. I think most people realize that, but frankly we are running out of options, you have no idea how badly that drug money is influencing politics. I had a Ranger Captain pick the Secret Service rather than the DEA out of fear for his family. This stuff is extremely real. You can see the capture of El Chapo's son. ALMO is helpess to stop it. We have people in USNORTHCOM and elsewhere predicting US military intervention in Mexico within 5 years, and its been a war zone more lethal than the middle east for at least 13 years.

Yes I'll trade a couple F-35Bs hes absolutely right about the concept of national security. This stuff has real effect. We are seeing it everywhere.
Last edited by XanderCrews on 14 Feb 2020, 05:46, edited 2 times in total.
Choose Crews

charlielima223

Elite 1K

Elite 1K

Unread post14 Feb 2020, 05:35

XanderCrews wrote:
optimist wrote:If you are talking about a full wall. It isn't what the experts think. It even isn't what Trump thinks. The term wall was a * on a note card, to remind him to talk about border security. It was never to build a wall in the beginning. Brown people are a dog whistle to the base and so it grew.

Both Southernphantom and I live in New Mexico, and you are clueless mate, so drop the "muh racism" garbage. There are very real national security threats, and since none of the police or alphabet agencies are willing or able (or both) to actually stop this, a wall is something people actually locked onto. immigration is creating absolute chaos here in everything from trafficking and crime to simply overwhelming public services and an unremitting nightmare regarding citizenship. Our state has had to start issuing drivers licenses to illegals so they can buy car insurance, sounds simple enough but now my ID can no longer be used to prove I'm an American Citizen. I literally need a pp to fly in my own country because the Federal Government no longer recognizes it. Thats not why I served.

You can look up the concept of Anarcho-Tyranny and Managerial state as well. multi-cultural, non assimaltion, mass immigration breeds authoritarianism. This isn't even new. people were talking about this back in the 1990s.

I got to tour Lackland AFB in 2015 and see it first hand. Immigrant families being given barracks to live in. Whole sections of the base closed off.

Building the wall is an imperfect solution. I think most people realize that, but frankly we are running out of options, you have no idea how badly that drug money is influencing politics. I had a Ranger Captain pick the Secret Service rather than the DEA out of fear for his family. This stuff is extremely real. You can see the capture of El Chapo's son. ALMO is helpess to stop it. We have people in USNORTHCOM and elsewhere predicting US military intervention in Mexico within 5 years, and its been a war zone more lethal than the middle east for at least 13 years.

Yes I'll trade a couple F-35Bs hes absolutely right about the concept of national security. This stuff has real effect. We are seeing it everywhere.

charlielima223

Elite 1K

Elite 1K

Unread post14 Feb 2020, 05:45

More of this hoopla
https://breakingdefense.com/2020/02/tru ... nal-guard/

They're complaining about $2.3billion from a total budget that exceeds $700billion. That is like if I took a cup of water from a 50gal drum and someone saying that I am taking too much.

I'll sacrifice a few programs and platforms if it means we can have a more robust southern border. In some ways border security is indeed a national security issue that is more relevant and tangible then an opponent/rival on the other side of the pacific ocean.

XanderCrews

Elite 5K

Elite 5K

Unread post14 Feb 2020, 07:21

charlielima223 wrote:More of this hoopla
https://breakingdefense.com/2020/02/tru ... nal-guard/

They're complaining about $2.3billion from a total budget that exceeds $700billion. That is like if I took a cup of water from a 50gal drum and someone saying that I am taking too much.

I'll sacrifice a few programs and platforms if it means we can have a more robust southern border. In some ways border security is indeed a national security issue that is more relevant and tangible then an opponent/rival on the other side of the pacific ocean.

2.3 billion is about 17 days of Afghanistan funding.
Choose Crews

spazsinbad

Elite 5K

Elite 5K

Unread post14 Feb 2020, 11:16

sferrin

Elite 5K

Elite 5K

Unread post14 Feb 2020, 12:44

optimist wrote:

"It isn't ten feet thick, fifty feet high, and made of reinforced concrete. There for it is not a wall." That's some serious TDS. :lol:

If the DoD squeals too much about diverting a few bucks tell them, "fine, we pay you to defend the nation. The Southern border is your responsibility now and we're not giving you anymore money".
"There I was. . ."

sferrin

Elite 5K

Elite 5K

Unread post14 Feb 2020, 12:53

XanderCrews wrote:We have people in USNORTHCOM and elsewhere predicting US military intervention in Mexico within 5 years, and its been a war zone more lethal than the middle east for at least 13 years.

Just make sure the tsunami of "refugees" runs SOUTH. The Democrats would use it as the perfect opportunity to open the gates to new democrats. The media would be playing sob stories 24/7 making sure the world knew how "horrible" the Republicans were for declaring a war on "brown innocents".
"There I was. . ."
Next

Return to Off-topic