Boeing behind attacks on F-35???

Program progress, politics, orders, and speculation
  • Author
  • Message
Offline

Corsair1963

Elite 5K

Elite 5K

  • Posts: 6912
  • Joined: 19 Dec 2005, 04:14

Unread post17 Jun 2019, 06:34

Heard that Boeing maybe Defense News biggest customer??? In addition they had this huge ad about the F-15EX on their cover page. Yet, the second the negative stories appeared about the F-35. They conveniently disappeared..... :|



It's also worth noting. That Defense News hasn't been very critical of acting Defense Secretary Patrick Shanahan. Unlike other sources.....


Makes you think...... :wink:
Offline

krieger22

Enthusiast

Enthusiast

  • Posts: 96
  • Joined: 10 Jul 2018, 22:02

Unread post17 Jun 2019, 06:47

Given how the Gripen E withdrawal from Swiss Air 2030 was literally the next day, I would have said it was them based on timing alone.

But this is seriously left field stuff.
Offline
User avatar

XanderCrews

Elite 5K

Elite 5K

  • Posts: 6449
  • Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 19:42

Unread post17 Jun 2019, 20:43

Sikorsky was always nipping at the tail of the V-22 always making little "studies" that were meant to appear nuetral, they were happy to talk and distrubute this material wherever they could.


Theres two types of news, the type that you pay so they advertise your product, or you pass your product as news and get it for free.
Choose Crews
Offline

marauder2048

Elite 1K

Elite 1K

  • Posts: 1410
  • Joined: 14 Mar 2012, 06:46

Unread post17 Jun 2019, 21:35

Defense journalism is a dying field; a site like f-16.net is 1000x more analytical, technical and
informed. And we don't have to compete with the likes of David Axe and Tyler Rogoway.

So most of these hacks want to land somewhere other than another trade publication which
either means moving up the food chain (Seligman -> "foreign policy") or industry (Sweetman -> NG).

In all of the years that Sweetman was laying into the F-35, Boeing could do no wrong and
it always struck me as curious that he never criticized any of the other primes or suppliers on
the F-35 other than Lockheed*.

* his coverage of them bordered on "jilted lover" hatred. I'm guessing he was denied employment there
or the big expose on "Aurora" he was promised never materialized.
Offline
User avatar

XanderCrews

Elite 5K

Elite 5K

  • Posts: 6449
  • Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 19:42

Unread post17 Jun 2019, 22:06

marauder2048 wrote:Defense journalism is a dying field; a site like f-16.net is 1000x more analytical, technical and
informed. And we don't have to compete with the likes of David Axe and Tyler Rogoway.

So most of these hacks want to land somewhere other than another trade publication which
either means moving up the food chain (Seligman -> "foreign policy") or industry (Sweetman -> NG).

In all of the years that Sweetman was laying into the F-35, Boeing could do no wrong and
it always struck me as curious that he never criticized any of the other primes or suppliers on
the F-35 other than Lockheed*.

* his coverage of them bordered on "jilted lover" hatred. I'm guessing he was denied employment there
or the big expose on "Aurora" he was promised never materialized.



They embarrassed him badly
Choose Crews
Offline
User avatar

spazsinbad

Elite 5K

Elite 5K

  • Posts: 24786
  • Joined: 05 May 2009, 21:31
  • Location: ɐıןɐɹʇsn∀¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Warnings: -2

Unread post17 Jun 2019, 22:26

:devil: And the USMC would not return BillyBobBoySweetiePie entreaties for information/invitations to test events etc. :roll:
A4G Skyhawk: www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/ & www.youtube.com/channel/UCwqC_s6gcCVvG7NOge3qfAQ/videos?view_as=subscriber
Offline

marauder2048

Elite 1K

Elite 1K

  • Posts: 1410
  • Joined: 14 Mar 2012, 06:46

Unread post17 Jun 2019, 22:41

Boeing also has an advantage in hosting these lavish media days and in selling two-seaters; it was amazing to see
how quickly some harsh (but fundamentally correct) criticisms of the Super Bug got muted/forgotten after certain
hacks were given rides in the back-seat.

And look at all of the positive coverage/awards given to Auto-GCAS.
Would it have been that way had certain journalists not been given back-set demo rides in the F-16?
Offline
User avatar

XanderCrews

Elite 5K

Elite 5K

  • Posts: 6449
  • Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 19:42

Unread post18 Jun 2019, 03:02

marauder2048 wrote:Boeing also has an advantage in hosting these lavish media days and in selling two-seaters; it was amazing to see
how quickly some harsh (but fundamentally correct) criticisms of the Super Bug got muted/forgotten after certain
hacks were given rides in the back-seat.



Image
Choose Crews
Offline

optimist

Elite 1K

Elite 1K

  • Posts: 1254
  • Joined: 20 Nov 2014, 03:34
  • Location: australia

Unread post18 Jun 2019, 07:44

no name and funny as. :mrgreen: So only a few will know who that tosser is.
Aussie fanboy
Offline
User avatar

spazsinbad

Elite 5K

Elite 5K

  • Posts: 24786
  • Joined: 05 May 2009, 21:31
  • Location: ɐıןɐɹʇsn∀¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Warnings: -2

Unread post18 Jun 2019, 09:27

GO HERE for the READin innit: viewtopic.php?f=58&t=7824&p=99442&hilit=Australia+Power+Kopp+Carlo+Hornet#p99442

OR SEARCH forum with: +Australia +Power +Kopp +Carlo +Hornet
A4G Skyhawk: www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/ & www.youtube.com/channel/UCwqC_s6gcCVvG7NOge3qfAQ/videos?view_as=subscriber
Offline

SpudmanWP

Elite 5K

Elite 5K

  • Posts: 8408
  • Joined: 12 Oct 2006, 19:18
  • Location: California

Unread post18 Jun 2019, 18:25

Speaking of Boeing....

President Trump said Tuesday that acting Secretary of Defense Patrick Shanahan is withdrawing as his nominee to take over the Defense Department, saying he has named Secretary of the Army Mark Esper as his new acting secretary of defense.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump- ... for-secdef
"The early bird gets the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese."
Offline

quicksilver

Elite 3K

Elite 3K

  • Posts: 3139
  • Joined: 16 Feb 2011, 01:30

Unread post18 Jun 2019, 19:35

SpudmanWP wrote:Speaking of Boeing....

President Trump said Tuesday that acting Secretary of Defense Patrick Shanahan is withdrawing as his nominee to take over the Defense Department, saying he has named Secretary of the Army Mark Esper as his new acting secretary of defense.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump- ... for-secdef


That’s a wow.

Bet his confirmation wasn’t gonna happen...
Offline
User avatar

lamoey

Elite 1K

Elite 1K

  • Posts: 1102
  • Joined: 25 Apr 2004, 17:44
  • Location: 77550

Unread post18 Jun 2019, 20:01

quicksilver wrote:
SpudmanWP wrote:Speaking of Boeing....

President Trump said Tuesday that acting Secretary of Defense Patrick Shanahan is withdrawing as his nominee to take over the Defense Department, saying he has named Secretary of the Army Mark Esper as his new acting secretary of defense.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump- ... for-secdef


That’s a wow.

Bet his confirmation wasn’t gonna happen...


Here is the Wikipedia on the new acting SecDef Mark Esper.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Esper
Former Flight Control Technican - We keep'em flying
Offline

SpudmanWP

Elite 5K

Elite 5K

  • Posts: 8408
  • Joined: 12 Oct 2006, 19:18
  • Location: California

Unread post18 Jun 2019, 20:01

Read the story.

While speculation has brewed for days about Shanahan's status, the announcement came shortly after the publication of an explosive USA Today report that the FBI has been probing a violent domestic dispute from 2010 between Shanahan and his then-wife as part of his background investigation.
"The early bird gets the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese."

Return to Program and politics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests

cron