FY2018 Budget Details

Program progress, politics, orders, and speculation
Elite 5K
Elite 5K

by Corsair1963 » 23 Nov 2017, 03:38

weasel1962 wrote:If I remember correctly, lot 12 which is for fy18 had 6 Cs. An additional 4 will allow a full squadron of 10 Cs to standup earlier than the 2 and 4s of prior lots.

Honestly, now that 3F is ready we surely shouldn't be buying anymore Super Hornets. Talk about corporate welfare... :shock:

Elite 3K
Elite 3K

by weasel1962 » 23 Nov 2017, 05:58

Corsair1963 wrote:Honestly, now that 3F is ready we surely shouldn't be buying anymore Super Hornets. Talk about corporate welfare... :shock:

Got to give this to Trump. Keeping workers in work is a priority and a few more SH helps. It may be corporate welfare but its also jobs. This decision, I can understand. The navy wont be complaining about this either.

Elite 5K
Elite 5K

by SpudmanWP » 23 Nov 2017, 07:20

What's really funny about this budget is that the F-35s bought will arrive 8 months before the F-18s bought in the same budget :)

So much for "urgent fighter gap".
"The early bird gets the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese."

Banned

by tincansailor » 23 Nov 2017, 07:23

weasel1962 wrote:
Corsair1963 wrote:Honestly, now that 3F is ready we surely shouldn't be buying anymore Super Hornets. Talk about corporate welfare... :shock:

Got to give this to Trump. Keeping workers in work is a priority and a few more SH helps. It may be corporate welfare but its also jobs. This decision, I can understand. The navy wont be complaining about this either.

At the risk of giving a certain pair of Trumpists a mental breakdown, Trump is not responsible for this. The navy is just so committed to the Super Hornet they can't make a clean break from it. The navy's long range plan was to have the F-35C replace the legacy Hornet, not the Super Hornet. The Super Hornet will be replaced by some distant 6th generation navy fighter. In the meantime the navy will take as many Super-duper Hornets as they can convince Congress to buy. If Canada, or Kuwait buy some to, that's good for American jobs, and Trump can claim credit for it, for all I care.

Elite 5K
Elite 5K

by Corsair1963 » 23 Nov 2017, 08:49

tincansailor wrote:
weasel1962 wrote:

At the risk of giving a certain pair of Trumpists a mental breakdown, Trump is not responsible for this. The navy is just so committed to the Super Hornet they can't make a clean break from it. The navy's long range plan was to have the F-35C replace the legacy Hornet, not the Super Hornet. The Super Hornet will be replaced by some distant 6th generation navy fighter. In the meantime the navy will take as many Super-duper Hornets as they can convince Congress to buy. If Canada, or Kuwait buy some to, that's good for American jobs, and Trump can claim credit for it, for all I care.

Honestly, has little to do with Trump or the USN and everything to do with US Congress! As they're providing the additional funding for the extra "Super Hornets"......

Elite 3K
Elite 3K

by madrat » 23 Nov 2017, 16:34

I wouldn't have any problem with Super Hornet if it wasn't such an overlap in capability with F-35C.

Once F-35C comes online I want to see Super Hornet stop production for the USN.

Banned

by mas » 23 Nov 2017, 18:17

Super Hornet could act as a buddy tanker for a F-35C or ultimately be converted to a Growler as the later Australian ones can be if needed. I am sure a future use can be found for them which augments the F-35C. Boeing has strong backers on the Hill, this is how Tomcat stood little chance of surviving about a decade ago.

Elite 5K
Elite 5K

by XanderCrews » 26 Nov 2017, 04:41

Corsair1963 wrote:
tincansailor wrote:At the risk of giving a certain pair of Trumpists a mental breakdown, Trump is not responsible for this. The navy is just so committed to the Super Hornet they can't make a clean break from it. The navy's long range plan was to have the F-35C replace the legacy Hornet, not the Super Hornet. The Super Hornet will be replaced by some distant 6th generation navy fighter. In the meantime the navy will take as many Super-duper Hornets as they can convince Congress to buy. If Canada, or Kuwait buy some to, that's good for American jobs, and Trump can claim credit for it, for all I care.

Honestly, has little to do with Trump or the USN and everything to do with US Congress! As they're providing the additional funding for the extra "Super Hornets"......

please don't remind Tinear that there is government beyond Trump. Its just too much for him.
Choose Crews

Banned

by tincansailor » 26 Nov 2017, 08:43

At the risk of giving a certain pair of Trumpists a mental breakdown, Trump is not responsible for this. The navy is just so committed to the Super Hornet they can't make a clean break from it. The navy's long range plan was to have the F-35C replace the legacy Hornet, not the Super Hornet. The Super Hornet will be replaced by some distant 6th generation navy fighter. In the meantime the navy will take as many Super-duper Hornets as they can convince Congress to buy. If Canada, or Kuwait buy some to, that's good for American jobs, and Trump can claim credit for it, for all I care.[/quote]

please don't remind Tinear that there is government beyond Trump. Its just too much for him.

[/quote][/quote]

Thanks for proving my point. You read my post, had a traumatic moment, and responded as if I had said the opposite of what I said. I said "Trump is not responsible for this," Your a weird, angry guy, but very predictable. You get so angry you can't read straight. I understand meditation can help with people who have anger issues, it can also lower blood pressure. There's no shame now days in people seeking help for personality issues. Anger management might improve your whole life, give it a try, what do you have to lose?

Previous