Solomon makes a bigger fool of himself

Unread postPosted: 19 May 2017, 18:10
by kimjongnumbaun
"A certain writer at Business Insider has written a series of article that I thought were "fawning" in its coverage of the F-35. Certain individuals in these articles were making claims that I found ridiculous.

So I wrote the guy and expressed my dismay and disappointment. I wasn't rude (I was faking it) and was polite as I could be.

To my surprise he responded and told me that if I could find someone to present critical information that he would write it up and post it immediately.

My response? Oh really? Seriously? Game on cowboy! We can do this! I know several knowledgeable people you can talk to that will eviscerate the idiocy of the arguments made by the people you interviewed! Give me a ****** week! I'm all over this sh*t!

Week is over.

No one stepped up."

The best part is he admits he doesn't know anything.

http://www.snafu-solomon.com/2017/05/wh ... unity.html

Re: Solomon makes a bigger fool of himself

Unread postPosted: 19 May 2017, 19:02
by sferrin
This is the kind of brain trust Solomon is:

http://www.snafu-solomon.com/2013/08/hey-sferrin.html

:lmao: :lmao:

Unread postPosted: 19 May 2017, 19:11
by juretrn
sferrin wrote:This is the kind of brain trust Solomon is:

How mature of him.
"fite me m8 irl, I swear on me mum"

Unread postPosted: 19 May 2017, 19:14
by SpudmanWP

Unread postPosted: 19 May 2017, 21:02
by sferrin
juretrn wrote:
sferrin wrote:This is the kind of brain trust Solomon is:

How mature of him.
"fite me m8 irl, I swear on me mum"

Even better, his situational awareness is such that he's cast himself as the villain, who's dead by the time the credits roll, and me as friggin' BATMAN. :lmao:

Unread postPosted: 19 May 2017, 21:03
by spazsinbad

Unread postPosted: 19 May 2017, 21:09
by sferrin
spazsinbad wrote:Same same as OP posted here earlier: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=52884&p=367950&hilit=solomon#p367950

You clearly don't understand how important Solomon is. He DESERVES his own thread. :wink:

Unread postPosted: 19 May 2017, 21:14
by spazsinbad
Geez and I had thought - in error apparently - that what was excerpted elsewhere was PENTupHOUSE stuff. I'll get over it.

Unread postPosted: 19 May 2017, 21:22
by steve2267
sferrin wrote:
spazsinbad wrote:Same same as OP posted here earlier: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=52884&p=367950&hilit=solomon#p367950

You clearly don't understand how important Solomon is. He DESERVES his own thread. :wink:

Has this thread become the new basement dwellers thread replacement, lead off by the chief basement dweller himself?

Unread postPosted: 19 May 2017, 21:43
by spazsinbad
Why not.

Unread postPosted: 20 May 2017, 00:01
by XanderCrews
You ask why don't I do it?

Prepare for an excuse....

Easy! Because I know generalities but I'm not an aviation guy. I don't know the in's and out's well enough to make the case.

Hasn't this guy been talking smack and attempting to "make the case" about the JSF (amazingly on both sides) for over 8 years ??

I love how he is rearing to go and a week later he has nothing lol. That must have been fun for the reporter! lol just Lol.

Very proud of the U wut M8s in this thread. F-16.net delivers.

The comments are great BTW. Where are his water carriers to make him feel better when his puppeteers won't write a rebuttal for him?

Unread postPosted: 20 May 2017, 00:17
by armedupdate
Solomon seems to have a USMC focus in his topics. Has he actually served or is he some Armchair Sgt Major?

Unread postPosted: 20 May 2017, 00:54
by XanderCrews
armedupdate wrote:Solomon seems to have a USMC focus in his topics. Has he actually served or is he some Armchair Sgt Major?

He's never served. If he did serve (and I'll bet you a grand he didnt) he was a low level nobody that was never given any responsibility. So he is either a Barney Fife or a walter mitty. Either way its hilarious to watch this "crusader" not know how to lift a sword or mount a horse.

Take note, today an "anti" fell and the obvious continues to happen. Do you know why the "anti f-35 community" isn't showing up? The same reason the anti v-22 or anti f-22 crowd isn't showing. Because it's all over but the crying you f**king losers

Unread postPosted: 20 May 2017, 02:08
by pmi
XanderCrews wrote:Hasn't this guy been talking smack and attempting to "make the case" about the JSF (amazingly on both sides) for over 8 years ???

No, he was originally relatively pro F-35. He flip flopped 3-4 years ago. I don't recall what the tipping point was, but that was also the same time he started becoming more argumentative & emotional.

I wouldn't be surprised if he suddenly figured out that hyperbolic negativity generated more attention. All of the anti wackjobs appear to have set up shop there. I've seen posts from Carlton Meyer & even good 'ole Mike Sparks has made appearances.

Mike Mother Flippin Gavin Sparks

Unread postPosted: 20 May 2017, 02:19
by rheonomic

Unread postPosted: 20 May 2017, 05:19
by XanderCrews
rheonomic wrote:Image

Also this:

Solomon is the guy who just spent years ranting about what a disaster the JSF is, and even called for disbandment of the entire USMC air wing, and he wasn't capable of rebutting an article from business insider. His skin is so thin, that this self proclaimed "Marine" banned anyone who disagreed with him.

Unread postPosted: 20 May 2017, 05:29
by XanderCrews
pmi wrote:No, he was originally relatively pro F-35. He flip flopped 3-4 years ago.

I did mention "both sides" hes been ranting for 8 or so. Ironically for both LOL

I don't recall what the tipping point was, but that was also the same time he started becoming more argumentative & emotional.

He flipped sides when the EFV was canceled. In his brain if the F-35 was canceled the USMC would suddenly have money to buy it or a replacement.I pointed out on several occasions, (before I was banned) that Marine Aviation is paid for with BISOG, or Navy money. I even provided official documentation that proved as much. I was declared a high ranking DC insider working for HQ USMC before being banned. Which again just goes to show he was never A Marine. Me pointing out basic facts got me labeled a Colonel LOL :D I used the word "mate" in another post under a different name and he was then convinced I was Australian. I told him i wasnt but he daif using mate proved it, and he knew bikers in aus. that could come and get me and I'm not joking. I told him ok good luck. Being safe in TX, USA. Not DC or Aus.

I assume in Solomons world being able to operate a bolt action rifle would make me Carlos Hathcock, and operating an MP3 player a member of The Presidents Own. LOL

I wouldn't be surprised if he suddenly figured out that hyperbolic negativity generated more attention. All of the anti wackjobs appear to have set up shop there. I've seen posts from Carlton Meyer & even good 'ole Mike Sparks has made appearances.

Mike Mother Flippin Gavin Sparks

Its like a retard malcontent jamboree

Unread postPosted: 29 May 2017, 18:52
by sferrin
Apparently the guy over at defense-aerospace is off his meds and has gone full retard:

"EDITOR’S NOTE: To balance what is stated above, it should be noted that the F-35 is also an attempt by the United States to destroy Europe’s combat aircraft industry.

It is also an attempt to control, thanks to the F-35’s Autonomic Logistic Information System (ALIS), the operations of allied F-35s, any of which can be grounded through ALIS.

Finally, it also impinges on the national sovereignty of F-35 operators, none of which – with the notable and unacceptable exception of Israel, which is not even a program partner – can access the F-35’s software source codes nor undertake major overhaul operations or modifications on their own."

Unread postPosted: 29 May 2017, 19:29
by geforcerfx
Middle+eastern+does+not+mean+a+muslim+middle+_9a43302de5a6ab055bc3fd3a3a2323e8.jpg

Unread postPosted: 30 May 2017, 19:45
by SpudmanWP
DA's latest hit piece is predictably light on logic, and for that matter.. math. He included Long Lead, Development, IOT&E, Partner unique (ie paid for by partners and NOT the US), Support, O&M costs for every F-35 ever built (Concurrency & Block 3F updates), and even LL items for Lot 10 into his Lot 9 Procurement "calculations".

http://www.defense-aerospace.com/articl ... 4206m.html

Unread postPosted: 30 May 2017, 21:45
by spazsinbad
SpudmanWP wrote:DA's latest hit piece is predictably light on logic, and for that matter.. math. He included Long Lead, Development, IOT&E, Partner unique (ie paid for by partners and NOT the US), Support, O&M costs for every F-35 ever built (Concurrency & Block 3F updates), and even LL items for Lot 10 into his Lot 9 Procurement "calculations".

http://www.defense-aerospace.com/articl ... 4206m.html

'SWP' I have no doubt about your explanations over the years about this issue. Do you have links to 'official' explanations about how the advertised price is calculated please, rather than this bogus Briganti avalanche of contracts, which others find impressive. TIA.

Unread postPosted: 30 May 2017, 22:00
by magitsu
This is a bit old, before Lot 10 finalized prices:

3,397,703,267 (USAF share) / 44 F-35A for USA = 77,220,529 apiece
http://www.defense.gov/News/Contracts/C ... le/1012500

USAF's long lead costs for LRIP 10's 44 F-35A planes was 227,666,000. Or 5,174,227 each.
http://www.defense.gov/News/Contracts/C ... cle/606863

USAF paid 77,220,529 + 5,174,227. Total: 82,394,756 each.

Dragon029 did the calculation for the engine by first comparing engine included price of Lot 8 and the price of airframe. Lot 8 engine 13.2 million.
http://aviationweek.com/defense/pentago ... rip-8-deal & http://www.defensenews.com/story/defens ... /70392734/

2.6% reduction to CTOL engine Lot 9/10 from Lot 8. Engine cost 12.85 million.
http://breakingdefense.com/2016/07/when ... ines-plus/

Engine ~13 million since the calculation was slightly butchered

So this is how we ended up with ~$95 million some six months ago.
You can continue from here by adding e.g. concurrency costs if you deem it necessary.

Unread postPosted: 30 May 2017, 22:20
by bojack_horseman
magitsu wrote:Engine ~13 million since the calculation was slightly butchered

Very close.

The long lead & main contract are on the DOD site, dates being: 30th April 2015 & 7th of July 2016

Prices were (for the 44 USAF units you mentioned)

Long lead: 64,015,312 for 44 units 1,454,893 each
Main contract: 558,411,024 for 44 units @ 12,691,159 each

total cost: $14,146,052

Unread postPosted: 30 May 2017, 22:45
by SpudmanWP
There are the basics that Long Lead items are included in the final contracted price. This is even shown in the annual budget breakdown. I'll try and find specific language to that affect, but that is the normal acquisition process and is backed up by SAR & budget numbers.

Looking at the listed contracts that he was posting and you can see that they cover a lot more than production. Here are some of the most egregious examples of his complete lack of logic/intellectual honesty:

$431,322,997 modification to the previously awarded Lot IX F-35 Lightening II advance acquisition contract () for the procurement of production non-recurring items. These items include special tooling and special test equipment items that are critical to meeting current and future production rates
Just as the recent production improvement contract shows, the JPO contracts with LM to improve production that will save money over the next 30+ years of production. It's not about Lot9 .

$430,878,490 cost-plus-incentive-fee, fixed-price-incentive-firm contract for non-air vehicle spares, support equipment, Autonomic Logistics Information System hardware and software upgrades, supply chain management, full mission simulators and non-recurring engineering services in support of low-rate initial production Lot 9
Again, more stuff that is either support or spares, ie non-flyaway items. Items like the simulators are bought in the beginning of the program but not the middle or end. Lot 10 has 2, 11 has 8, and 12 has none.

$120,555,991 modification to the previously awarded low-rate initial production Lot IX F-35 Lightning II advance acquisition contract () to procure the non-recurring engineering effort necessary to develop build-to-print packages by variant (, , ), to provide Group A and Group A enabler provisions to support future Band 2/5 capabilities of the.
Development

$64,500,000 modification to a previously awarded advanced acquisition contract (N00019-15-C-0003) for long lead materials and efforts associated with the production of the low-rate initial production 11 JapaneseF-35 air systems for the government of Japan under the Foreign Military Sales program.
This is Lot 11 LL Items FFS

$26,450,000 modification to firm-fixed-price delivery order 0031 against a previously issued basic ordering agreement (N00019-14-G-0020). This modification provides for low-rate initial production Lot 9 air vehicle initial spares to include F-35 aloft spares packages required to support the air vehicle delivery schedule for the Marine Corps.

$16,497,297 modification to delivery order 0031 previously placed against basic ordering agreement N00019-14-G-0020. This modification provides for deployable spares packages in support of the low-rate initial production Lot 9aircraft for the Marine Corps.
Initial & deployable Spares

$743,169,377 fixed-price-incentive, firm target and cost-plus-fixed-fee modification to the previously awarded low-rate initial production Lot 9 F-35 Lightening II advance acquisition contract (). This modification provides additional funding and will establish not-to-exceed (NTE) prices for diminishing manufacturing and material shortages redesign and development, estimated post production concurrency changes and country unique requirements. In addition, this modification will establish NTE prices for one F-35A aircraft and one F-35B aircraft for a non-U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) participant in the F-35 program.
non-recurring updates & redev.

$9,533,512 not-to-exceed, undefinitized modification to a previously awarded low-rate initial production Lot 9 F-35Lightening II advanced acquisition contract (). This modification provides for the delivery of hardware and engineering services for the government of Japan.
$9 million for Japan for setting up their FACO.

$137,834,819 modification to a previously awarded cost-plus-incentive-fee contract () to provide additional funding for affordability-based cost reduction initiatives in support of low-rate initial production Lot 9Lightening II .
More cost reduction initiatives that will benefit the program for 30+ years.

$110,515,999 cost-plus-fixed-fee delivery order against a previously issued basic ordering agreement (N00019-14-G-0020) for the procurement and installation of 281 retrofit modification kits to incorporate into designated aircraft and supporting subsystems that are critical to meeting F-35 requirements.

$28,842,000 not-to-exceed, cost-plus-fixed-fee delivery order against a previously issued basic ordering agreement (N00019-14-G-0020). This delivery order provides for air vehicle retrofit modifications associated with the F-35 fuel tank overpressure engineering change proposal in support of the Air Force, and the governments of Australia, Italy, the Netherlands, and Norway.
Here's a big one. He included concurrency costs that cover the first 281and applied all that cost to just the Lot9 . Note that Concurrency costs are covered under O&M, not procurement.

$311,399,980 contract for undefinitized delivery order 5503 against a previously issued basic ordering agreement (N00019-14-G-0020) for the F-35Lighting II Block 3F upgrade for the Air Force, Marine Corps, Navy, and the government of the United Kingdom.

$17,599,996 not-to-exceed delivery order (550302) against a previously issued basic ordering agreement (N00019-14-G-0020). This order provides for the procurement of retrofit modification kits and associated engineering installation services in support of the Block 3F upgrade of two F-35 aircraft for non-Department of Defense (DoD) participants.

$47,000,000 for undefinitized delivery order 0026 against a previously issued basic ordering agreement (N00019-14-G-0020). This order provides for non-recurring effort and integration tasks required to operate a hardware-in-the-loop laboratory used to build, modify, verify and validate, and distribute mission data file sets for the .
Block upgrades are O&M, not procurement.

$101,970,569 for cost-plus-incentive-fee delivery order 0026 against a previously issued basic ordering agreement (N00019-14-G-0020). This order definitizes a previously awarded undefinitized contract action and provides for additional non-recurring effort and integration efforts required in support of the F-35 Reprogramming Center West. Efforts will include the production of software data loads for laboratory testing, planning for verification and validation (V&V) test, conduct technical support of the test, design, build, and delivery of V&V modification kits and mission data file generation tools for the Foreign Military Sales customers.
This is the reprogramming center, not the F-35 itself.

$136,588,895 for firm-fixed-price delivery order 0001 against a previously issued basic ordering agreement (N00019-14-G-0020). This modification provides for low-rate initial production Lot 10 air vehicle initial spares to include F-35 common spares; ,and F-35 unique spares; and aloft spares packages/deployment spares
Really, Lot 10 spares???

$64,686,522 for firm-fixed-priced delivery order N0001917F0108 against a previously issued basic ordering agreement (N00019-14-G-0020). This order procures work on the integrated core processor in order to alleviate diminishing manufacturing sources constraints projected underproduction Lot 15 for the Air Force
FFS, Lot 15!!!

$581,798,359 firm-fixed-price delivery order (0132) against a previously issued basic ordering agreement (N00019-14-G-0020). This modification provides for air vehicle initial spares to include F-35 common spares; ,and F-35 unique spares,
More spares.. At least he got the Lot right.

$109,563,735 modification to cost-plus-fixed-fee delivery order 5503 issued previously against basic ordering agreement N00019-14-G-0020. This modification provides for the procurement of 567 modification kits for offboard system hardware and turnaround assets, and also recurring labor for the completion of hardware and software upgrades in support of the F-35 Lighting III Block 3F upgrade
Last but not least... More Block upgrades which are O&M related, not procurement.

My point is that the JPO has always appropriately used Flyway cost when comparing manufacturing efficiency. DA knows this but chooses to purposefully lie about the annual F-35 cost. I am beginning to seriously think this guy works for Airbus or Boeing. Either that or has too much homework from his Kindergarten class to do any proper research.

Unread postPosted: 30 May 2017, 22:46
by SpudmanWP
bojack_horseman wrote:total cost: $14,146,052

That's not how contracting works. Long lead costs are included in the final contract, not in addition to.

Unread postPosted: 30 May 2017, 23:12
by spazsinbad
'SWP' and others - thanks for explanations. It is sad that some believe Briganti about the price add up; and it is difficult to believe that they think that the JPO and governments buying the F-35 have been lying about the price all these years.

It is also outrageous that after all these years the US grubbymint cannot spell lighting/lightening LIGHTNING for gorsake.

Unread postPosted: 31 May 2017, 00:04
by nutshell
sferrin wrote:Apparently the guy over at defense-aerospace is off his meds and has gone full retard:

"EDITOR’S NOTE: To balance what is stated above, it should be noted that the F-35 is also an attempt by the United States to destroy Europe’s combat aircraft industry.

It is also an attempt to control, thanks to the F-35’s Autonomic Logistic Information System (ALIS), the operations of allied F-35s, any of which can be grounded through ALIS.

Finally, it also impinges on the national sovereignty of F-35 operators, none of which – with the notable and unacceptable exception of Israel, which is not even a program partner – can access the F-35’s software source codes nor undertake major overhaul operations or modifications on their own."

My eyes are bleeding. Holy sh*t.

Btw, what about all of the current F35 flying without the fully operative ALIS cockblocking them in the ground because of nazi-merica?
Sorcery? Witchcraft? An illusion, F35 can't fly? What's the deal?

Why these son of bitches never ever mention all the sweeping successes the F35 got just in the 2017? Why don't they ever mention the fact this aircraft is flying nonstop with a reliability we've never seen before?

Unread postPosted: 31 May 2017, 09:25
by operaaperta
A quick question on the concurrency mods list in the FY18 budget.

When a defect is discovered and it is found to be a design flaw, who picks up the tab for the fix?
Would industry subsidise the rollout of the fix to the fleet or is that on the end user to pay for.

I have heard Brogdan say that industry will pay for the Ejection seat mods, does he mean to the whole fleet or just the cost of engineering the fix.

Unread postPosted: 31 May 2017, 09:31
by spazsinbad
'operaaperta' asked: "...I have heard Brogdan [Bogdan] say that industry will pay for the Ejection seat mods, does he mean to the whole fleet or just the cost of engineering the fix."

Searching this forum with key words can pay dividends - pay* for example because parameters require FOUR letters - so:

viewtopic.php?f=60&t=27447&p=306710&hilit=pay%2A#p306710 The F-35’s Martin-Baker Ejection Seat thread in F-35 Design & Construction sub forum of F-35 forum of F-16.net

Bogdan: Martin-Baker will cover cost of F-35 ejection seat fix
22 Oct 2015 James Drew

"The F-35 joint programme office expects British firm Martin-Baker to cover the cost modifying the US16E Lightning II ejection seat after it was deemed too dangerous for lightweight pilots.

The seat is meant to safely accommodate pilots weighing 46.7kg (103lbs) to 111.1kg (245lbs), but flying has been restricted to F-35 pilots weighing more than 61.7kg (136lbs) as a stopgap safety measure.

Lt Gen Christopher Bogdan, who heads the F-35 JPO, says two seat-related fixes are being pursued and the government “is not paying a penny for the engineering and implementation of these fixes”.

“The supply chain from Lockheed through BAE Systems through Martin-Baker will bear the cost of fixing this, as they should,” he told reporters after a 21 October congressional heading...."

Source: https://www.flightglobal.com/news/artic ... io-418063/

Unread postPosted: 31 May 2017, 12:16
by tincansailor

Brilliant, this explains the whole Trump phenomenon. Everything was going to be so simple, and easy to solve. Everyone who had been running the government for the last 50 years was just stupid. Now after only 4 months he's done what Russia hasn't been able to do in 70 years, drive a wedge between the United States and Europe. Just brilliant.

Unread postPosted: 31 May 2017, 13:23
by sferrin
tincansailor wrote:Brilliant, this explains the whole Trump phenomenon. Everything was going to be so simple, and easy to solve. Everyone who had been running the government for the last 50 years was just stupid. Now after only 4 months he's done what Russia hasn't been able to do in 70 years, drive a wedge between the United States and Europe. Just brilliant.

I'm sure Hillary would have been brilliant. :roll: :doh: :bang:

Unread postPosted: 31 May 2017, 14:53
by weasel1962
No worries. Trump's got it covfefe.

Unread postPosted: 31 May 2017, 15:20
by mk82
Briganti is another f*cking idiot. A match made in heaven.......Briganti and Solomon.....issshhhh!!!

Unread postPosted: 31 May 2017, 15:58
by SpudmanWP
operaaperta wrote:A quick question on the concurrency mods list in the FY18 budget.

When a defect is discovered and it is found to be a design flaw, who picks up the tab for the fix?
Would industry subsidise the rollout of the fix to the fleet or is that on the end user to pay for.

I have heard Brogdan say that industry will pay for the Ejection seat mods, does he mean to the whole fleet or just the cost of engineering the fix.

IIRC LRIP 1-4 = 100% JPO, LRIP 5-9 = 50/50, post LRIP 9 = LM.

Unread postPosted: 01 Jun 2017, 16:10
by tincansailor
sferrin wrote:
tincansailor wrote:Brilliant, this explains the whole Trump phenomenon. Everything was going to be so simple, and easy to solve. Everyone who had been running the government for the last 50 years was just stupid. Now after only 4 months he's done what Russia hasn't been able to do in 70 years, drive a wedge between the United States and Europe. Just brilliant.

I'm sure Hillary would have been brilliant. :roll: :doh: :bang:

I didn't vote for her ether. No she was a terrible candidate, but she wouldn't have damaged our position in the world. In four months we've given up our economic leadership in the Pacific, damaged trade with Mexico, weakened our leadership of NATO, and our president is a laughing stock among our democratic allies. This afternoon he may leave the United States isolated on clean energy technology, standing proudly with Nicaragua, and Syria against every other country on the planet. His commitment to America's 70,000 coal miners is rock solid. Perhaps he thinks America will ride into the future on a coal fired steam locomotive?

The only relations we've improved are those with fundamentalist Sunni States, and the Russians. He's caused rifts with Israel, the UK, the Germans, the French, (He supported the neo-Fascist National Front) and even insulted Montenegro, and called into question our commitment to Article 5 of the NATO Treaty. All this on a trip he called the most successful diplomatic mission in decades. Success? What results was he looking for?

One positive result of all this maybe F-35 sales to Germany. In the post WWII period we've never wanted the Germans to rearm heavily. Trump may get his 2% from Germany, and then some. This guy is a wreaking ball careening through the world. Our best hope is that The Special Consul investigation will lead to an early exit from the White House. I don't see how we make it though another 45 months of this. This administration has the same sinking feeling of Nixon's in early 1974. What ever happens it's not going to be pretty.

Unread postPosted: 01 Jun 2017, 16:32
by sferrin
tincansailor wrote:No she was a terrible candidate, but she wouldn't have damaged our position in the world.

She'd have been OWNED by those in other countries via the payoffs to The Clinton Foundation she'd have had to make good on. Not sure how you think that would be better than our perceived "damaged" position.

tincansailor wrote:In four months we've given up our economic leadership in the Pacific

Debatable. We pissed off China, that's all. TS.

tincansailor wrote:, damaged trade with Mexico,

Uhm, good?

tincansailor wrote:weakened our leadership of NATO

By telling them to carry their weight? If they want to cry over that I'd say good riddance. (We both know their pols may kick and scream but they'd rather be with us than with Tsar Putina.)

tincansailor wrote:and our president is a laughing stock among our democratic allies.

Their media perhaps. Again, good. If European media hates Trump he must be doing something right. They loved Obama as if he walked on water and we saw what a useless puke he turned out to be.

tincansailor wrote:This afternoon he may leave the United States isolated on clean energy technology,

If ALL he did was keep the US out of the Paris fiasco that would be reason enough for me to vote for him.

tincansailor wrote:standing proudly with Nicaragua, and Syria against every other country on the planet. His commitment to America's 70,000 coal miners is rock solid. Perhaps he thinks America will ride into the future on a coal fired steam locomotive?

Oh please. :roll: Jesus, you come across as the worst type of SJW drama queen. Torching our economy in the name of "green" would be stupidity of the highest order.

tincansailor wrote:Our best hope is that The Special Consul investigation will lead to an early exit from the White House. I don't see how we make it though another 45 months of this. This administration has the same sinking feeling of Nixon's in early 1974. What ever happens it's not going to be pretty.

Again, drama queen. He's going to win in 2020 as well so it sounds like you should stock up on valium.

Unread postPosted: 01 Jun 2017, 17:27
by juretrn
No more politics. Please.
This thread is about the silliness of a certain blogger.

Unread postPosted: 01 Jun 2017, 17:53
by blindpilot
juretrn wrote:No more politics. Please.
This thread is about the silliness of a certain blogger.

Concur, Both posters and mini thread reported.
BP

Unread postPosted: 01 Jun 2017, 18:39
by tincansailor
sferrin wrote:
tincansailor wrote:No she was a terrible candidate, but she wouldn't have damaged our position in the world.

She'd have been OWNED by those in other countries via the payoffs to The Clinton Foundation she'd have had to make good on. Not sure how you think that would be better than our perceived "damaged" position.

Yes she is corrupt. So you think it's better to be owned by the Russians?

tincansailor wrote:In four months we've given up our economic leadership in the Pacific

Debatable. We pissed off China, that's all. TS.

We didn't piss off China. They were glad we dropped out of Trans Pacific. China will now have more influence writing the rules for trade in the region.

tincansailor wrote:, damaged trade with Mexico,

Uhm, good?

Tell that to the mid-west farmers. Mexico is turning to South America to supply it's corn.

tincansailor wrote:weakened our leadership of NATO

By telling them to carry their weight? If they want to cry over that I'd say good riddance. (We both know their pols may kick and scream but they'd rather be with us than with Tsar Putina.)

It's not that he told them to spend 2% of GDP on defense. We've been saying that for years. The rising threat of Putin's Russia would have made that correction. It was the failure to commit to Article 5. He convinced both the Germans and the French that our commitment to NATO is now a trans actual arrangement. God knows what happened in those closed door meetings to make the leaders of Europe say they can no longer depend on the United States. Leaders of Western country's tend to understate disputes. what they said was an earthquake.

tincansailor wrote:and our president is a laughing stock among our democratic allies.

Their media perhaps. Again, good. If European media hates Trump he must be doing something right. They loved Obama as if he walked on water and we saw what a useless puke he turned out to be.

It may be comforting to cast European opinion in the left right spectrum of American politics, and dismiss it as left wing whining, but it's not. Contempt for Trump is the overwhelming popular opinion in Western Europe. In Eastern Europe he's more popular, but those are the very people he who need NATO, and he's not committed to defend them. I agree Obama was a waste, but you can't hold the opinions of hundreds of millions people in democratic country's in contempt. You may think they have no choice but to fall in line behind us but you would be wrong. If the center can't hold who knows where everyone will be when it's over. The whole purpose of NATO was to keep the Russians out, the Americans in, and the Germans down. What's it's mission now?

tincansailor wrote:This afternoon he may leave the United States isolated on clean energy technology,

If ALL he did was keep the US out of the Paris fiasco that would be reason enough for me to vote for him.

tincansailor wrote:standing proudly with Nicaragua, and Syria against every other country on the planet. His commitment to America's 70,000 coal miners is rock solid. Perhaps he thinks America will ride into the future on a coal fired steam locomotive?

Oh please. :roll: Jesus, you come across as the worst type of SJW drama queen. Torching our economy in the name of "green" would be stupidity of the highest order.

tincansailor wrote:Our best hope is that The Special Consul investigation will lead to an early exit from the White House. I don't see how we make it though another 45 months of this. This administration has the same sinking feeling of Nixon's in early 1974. What ever happens it's not going to be pretty.

Again, drama queen. He's going to win in 2020 as well so it sounds like you should stock up on valium.

The worlds climate was never stable. Climate change is more a political then an environmental issue, but again you can't hold the whole world in contempt. Like it or not clean energy, including American natural gas will drive the economy of the future. That's why even the oil companies are urging Trump to stay in the treaty. Talk about a drama queen? Every environmental advancement in the last 50 years was said to cripple our economy. Do you still want acid rain, and lead in gasoline?

As for the special Consul it's amazing that no one has any memory of meeting anyone from Russia. They all left their security clearance forms blank when it came to Russian contacts. Was it draining the swamp to hire an NSA who was an un- registered paid lobbyist of both Russia, and Turkey? Was it an innocent act to ask the FBI Director to stop an investigation that touched upon his own activities? Is it of no interest that the probe just hired the top man in the DOJ on financial crimes to join the team? What do you make of the decision to give back the two Russian estates in Maryland, and NY the FSB was using for spying, and Obama shutdown; the very event that started off the Flynn affair?

No administration in the last century has destroyed it's credibility so fast. It's impossible to keep up with all the lying, and dissembling. Leaking is a result of a badly run administration, not the cause of it. Trump isn't even bothering to fill the under secretary positions in the executive branch. We're not appointing ambassadors. Not a single piece of major legislation has been passed. We voted for a master of chaos, and chaos is what we got. What a deal, an ignorant, bigoted, narcissist, who is an incompetent liar. On top of that he's as greedy, and corrupt as Hilary. And this is your guy for 2020?

Unread postPosted: 01 Jun 2017, 19:14
by blindpilot
Tincan please take this to Huffington Post or Brietbart.

It is not welcome here. And you have destroyed your own credibility here in the last few posts, faster than any poster I've seen. I will not be listening to any enlightened post about the F-35 you might post forward, because you chose to change the forum. What a jerk.

Moderators Please shut this crap down!
MHO
BP

Unread postPosted: 01 Jun 2017, 19:43
by SpudmanWP
Someone on another thread pointed me to the Federal Procurement Data System which post details on actual contracts.

https://www.fpds.gov/fpdsng_cms/index.php/en/

Plugging in the contract numbers for Lot 9 Airframes & Engines comes up with a the following.

From what I have seen so far the items do not describe what is covered or where the money is coming from. Just a quick 1-2 line item to describe the item. One nice thing is that it also include cost savings adjustments.

The best thing about it is that you can download the entire search as a CSV.

All you need to do is download the results as a CSV and add up the total (column 10)... $6.8billion (which includes spares). Doing the same search for the engine contract for Lot9 (N0001914C0004) comes up with $1.5 billion.

Huh. That seems to be a lot less than DA's total of $11,896,179,273.

Kind of blows the DA "analysis" of skyrocketing costs out of the water and it only took me 5 minutes.

Here are the direct searches

Airframe (N0001914C0002)
https://www.fpds.gov/ezsearch/fpdsportal?indexName=awardfull&templateName=1.4.4&s=FPDSNG.COM&q=N0001914C0002&x=0&y=0
Downlaod as CSV https://www.fpds.gov/ezsearch/fpdsportal?s=FPDSNG.COM&indexName=awardfull&templateName=CSV&q=N0001914C0002&renderer=jsp&length=68

Engine (N0001914C0004)
https://www.fpds.gov/ezsearch/fpdsportal?indexName=awardfull&templateName=1.4.4&s=FPDSNG.COM&q=N0001914C0004&x=0&y=0
Downlaod as CSV https://www.fpds.gov/ezsearch/fpdsportal?s=FPDSNG.COM&indexName=awardfull&templateName=CSV&q=N0001914C0004&renderer=jsp&length=68

omg... I just realized that the $1.6 billion that he added up on top of the Lot 9 costs for upgrades & retrofits... DON'T MENTION LOT 9 AT ALL... ANYWHERE.. They all belong to a totally different contract number "N00019-14-G-0020".

Unread postPosted: 01 Jun 2017, 22:24
by popcorn
There is a "Trump Thread" for precisely this kind of discourse.

Unread postPosted: 01 Jun 2017, 23:53
by XanderCrews
tincansailor wrote:

Brilliant, this explains the whole Trump phenomenon. Everything was going to be so simple, and easy to solve. Everyone who had been running the government for the last 50 years was just stupid. Now after only 4 months he's done what Russia hasn't been able to do in 70 years, drive a wedge between the United States and Europe. Just brilliant.

All of your posts here show a real lack of historical knowledge. Your alternative history isn't much better either. Go away

Unread postPosted: 02 Jun 2017, 00:07
by XanderCrews
sferrin wrote:Apparently the guy over at defense-aerospace is off his meds and has gone full retard:

LOL is Italy no longer in Europe? where did it move to? last I check they actually assembled F-35s there, and there are overhaul facilities all over F-35 partner nations.

As for the magic ALIS button that renders all F-35s grounded at the behest of the US, prove it DA. :D

tincansailor wrote:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2009/ ... rack-obama

All of your posts here show a real lack of historical knowledge. Your alternative history isn't much better either. Go away.

Bad Geography all around too. Italy no longer a part Europe, Eastern Europe no longer Europe. Ukraine Not Europe. France leaving NATO, not Europe. This is incredible. My geography teacher must have worked for Defense Aerospace

Apparently "Europe"= Germany? There is a lot of stupid in this thread all around.

Unread postPosted: 02 Jun 2017, 02:59
by XanderCrews
Critics: ALIS doesn't work! They are using work arounds to fly!!!

Also critics: F-35 cant fly without ALIS!

Unread postPosted: 14 Jun 2017, 18:29
by spazsinbad
Prediction REPEAT 'the sky is falling' - do we want to go back in time to see the failed earlier predictions - poopy suits GO!

http://www.snafu-solomon.com/2017/06/th ... qus_thread

Unread postPosted: 14 Jun 2017, 20:52
by XanderCrews
spazsinbad wrote:Prediction REPEAT 'the sky is falling' - do we want to go back in time to see the failed earlier predictions - poopy suits GO!

http://www.snafu-solomon.com/2017/06/th ... qus_thread

Time to reset your days since sol declared the F-35 dead again calender.

For a guy who is so confident of its demise she sure does get emotional and desperate

Unread postPosted: 14 Jun 2017, 20:57
by botsing
XanderCrews wrote:For a guy who is so confident of its demise she sure does get emotional and desperate

Ahw, lets not put too much focus on Solomons hormone-cycle, you know how sensitive she is about it...

Unread postPosted: 14 Jun 2017, 21:33
by XanderCrews
botsing wrote:
XanderCrews wrote:For a guy who is so confident of its demise she sure does get emotional and desperate

Ahw, lets not put too much focus on Solomons hormone-cycle, you know how sensitive she is about it...

Unread postPosted: 17 Jun 2017, 18:11
by spazsinbad
Foot in Mouth Disease... http://www.airforce.gov.au/Technology/A ... pYCzwKfhNg
Buckingham Palace Fly Over by the RAF....
17 Jun 2017 Solomon

"...The RAF much like the Aussie Air Force is soon to be a shadow of its former self...."

Source: http://www.snafu-solomon.com/2017/06/bu ... qus_thread

Unread postPosted: 19 Jun 2017, 02:19
by white_lightning35
Pardon my ignorance but isn't it exactly the opposite case for the raaf? As far as I've heard they will have the first "fifth-gen air force", with an enviably low average airframe age. It's been fascinating to read about all the new capabilities gained; wedgetails, growlers, big increase in transport capabilities, not to mention the obvious cherry(ies) on top... 8)

Unread postPosted: 19 Jun 2017, 02:30
by beepa
white_lightning35 wrote:Pardon my ignorance but isn't it exactly the opposite case for the raaf? As far as I've heard they will have the first "fifth-gen air force", with an enviably low average airframe age. It's been fascinating to read about all the new capabilities gained; wedgetails, growlers, big increase in transport capabilities, not to mention the obvious cherry(ies) on top... 8)

Solomon is an idiot issuing click bait trying to get people to visit his blog. One week he has a post admitting he knows nothing about military aviation, the next week he is judging Aircraft, Airforces and Countries as if he is an expert. He recently said the US should pull troops out of Australia and break of military ties all because the Aust. PM made a joke about Trump. Solomon actually believes the US has a military base in Australia (pine gap not included)...

Unread postPosted: 19 Jun 2017, 02:38
by white_lightning35
He's wrong. We should be putting troops IN Australia, forcibly that is, to avenge this grave insult! Although the raaf might make it not so easy these days...

Unread postPosted: 20 Jun 2017, 00:29
by quicksilver
The most powerful action one can take against clickbait journalists is to ignore them...

Unread postPosted: 20 Jun 2017, 02:05
by quicksilver
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Re72di5phM0

Where are they...Sprey and POGO and Gilmore and APA and the rest?

Unread postPosted: 20 Jun 2017, 02:22
by popcorn
quicksilver wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Re72di5phM0

Where are they...Sprey and POGO and Gilmore and APA and the rest?

They've been busy preparing for a grand feast :mrgreen:

Unread postPosted: 20 Jun 2017, 03:06
by tincansailor
white_lightning35 wrote:He's wrong. We should be putting troops IN Australia, forcibly that is, to avenge this grave insult! Although the raaf might make it not so easy these days...

So I guess Trump should be launching military retaliation against me personally? Should I be expecting an invasion of my state for my hostile postings, or will it just be the FBI at my door?

Unread postPosted: 20 Jun 2017, 03:16
by white_lightning35
It was sarcasm. It's kind of sad that you didn't realize that.

Unread postPosted: 20 Jun 2017, 03:57
by XanderCrews
tincansailor wrote:
white_lightning35 wrote:He's wrong. We should be putting troops IN Australia, forcibly that is, to avenge this grave insult! Although the raaf might make it not so easy these days...

So I guess Trump should be launching military retaliation against me personally? Should I be expecting an invasion of my state for my hostile postings, or will it just be the FBI at my door?

Whining is not a crime, so your fine

Unread postPosted: 20 Jun 2017, 03:58
by XanderCrews
white_lightning35 wrote:It was sarcasm. It's kind of sad that you didn't realize that.

Maybe the FBI can arrest him for not understanding jokes

Unread postPosted: 20 Jun 2017, 04:08
by spazsinbad
Humour on the interrabble is difficult with language/custom differences (even English as she is spoken) GOG HELP ME! So this is where the <sarc> tags help or even SMILEY FACES to signify the joke. TROLLS care not for jokes becuz they are one.

Unread postPosted: 20 Jun 2017, 04:15
by white_lightning35
Okay, how bout this. We should launch an invasion... With EMUS! The aussies will capitulate like last time and we shall have our revenge!

<sarc>

(Maybe)

Unread postPosted: 20 Jun 2017, 22:59
by tincansailor
white_lightning35 wrote:It was sarcasm. It's kind of sad that you didn't realize that.

Wow. I guess my comment went over your head. Did you really think I thought he wanted Trump to invade Australia? Or that I thought he would find me, and arrest me, or invade my state? It's amazing how obtuse people can be when they disagree with someone. I guess you think humor only works when you attempt it.

Unread postPosted: 28 Jul 2017, 15:01
by juretrn
Since this seems to be our basement dweller thread;
Another idiotic blog with even more idiotic assessments:
http://theboresight.blogspot.si/2017/07 ... u-35s.html
The American made AIM-9X missile - according to US-Western experts "the most advanced IR dogfight missile in the world" fails to hit a 1960 era Su-22 at point-blank range from a perfect 6 o'clock firing position. :doh: A truly shocking performance?

http://theboresight.blogspot.si/2015/08 ... t-f-x.html
Looking at the front of the F-35 is revealing - in that pilot rear visibility is poor. This is a distinct disadvantage in combat (although the Distributed Aperture System, called "DAS" claims to mitigate this issue to some degree, - we remain skeptical[of course you do; DAS isn't fitted to a Russian plane :roll: ]). Please note the two (2) heated 'pitot tubes' extend out, on either side of the aircraft chin. How these protuberances modulate F-35 RCS in unknown. Because the 'pitot tubes' must be electrically heated to work, they can appear as two (2) hot-spots to an adversary's FLIR/IRST. :doh:

Everything we writes reads like a mix between Sprey's "reformist" bullcrap and a Russia Stronk-ist.

Unread postPosted: 30 Jul 2017, 04:20
by spazsinbad
Is the TITLE OF THIS THREAD possible? I give in - go here to find out:

http://www.snafu-solomon.com/2017/07/la ... qus_thread

Unread postPosted: 30 Jul 2017, 04:31
by lbk000
i am pasting the post here because **** anti-adblockers:
Saturday, July 29, 2017
Latest F-35 sales announcement sounds fishy!

via AOL Breaking Defense.

After the markets closed on a sleepy and rainy summer Friday afternoon, White House Chief of Staff Reince Priebus was ousted and DHS Secretary John Kelly named to take his place, and, oh, by the way, a $3.69 billion contract was awarded Lockheed Martin for 50 foreign F-35s and work on the Lot 11 LRIP.

What’s in play here?

Most of the money, $2.2 billion, goes to buy one British F-35B, one Italian F-35A, eight Australian F-35As, eight Dutch F-35As, four Turkish F-35As, six Norwegian F-35As aircraft, and 22 F-35As for Foreign Military Sales customers.

Separately, Lockheed won an interim payment of $5.6 billion in early July to help pay for the 91 American F-35s jets in LRIP 11.

The F-35 Joint Program Office said the Pentagon would continue to negotiate the 11th low rate initial production contract with Lockheed Martin and expected an agreement by the end of 2017. The full contract should be finished by the end of the year, the JPO said in a statement. At the same time, they said they are negotiating a separate deal with Pratt & Whitney for the F135 engines, which should be done about the same time.

Is it just me or does that sound suspicious as hell? The F-35 program office HAS NEVER listed a purchase of the F-35 under "foreign military sales customers"!

Is the Pentagon and the Program Office playing games?

Are they actually buying F-35's now in the hopes that they can sell them later?

Are they so desperate to "push down the cost curve" that they would once again flaunt US law and play lawyer to skirt the OBVIOUS intent of Congress to control military waste?

Looks that way to me.

Posted by Solomon at 7/29/2017 02:19:00 AM

please continue to block ads on undeserving sites

Unread postPosted: 30 Jul 2017, 05:28
by spazsinbad
:devil: ADblockers are doing you a favour are they not? OR do I have that RONG? :mrgreen: Anyhoo - do not block ads? 8)

Unread postPosted: 30 Jul 2017, 14:05
by XanderCrews
lbk000 wrote:i am pasting the post here because **** anti-adblockers:
Saturday, July 29, 2017
Latest F-35 sales announcement sounds fishy!

via AOL Breaking Defense.

After the markets closed on a sleepy and rainy summer Friday afternoon, White House Chief of Staff Reince Priebus was ousted and DHS Secretary John Kelly named to take his place, and, oh, by the way, a $3.69 billion contract was awarded Lockheed Martin for 50 foreign F-35s and work on the Lot 11 LRIP.

What’s in play here?

Most of the money, $2.2 billion, goes to buy one British F-35B, one Italian F-35A, eight Australian F-35As, eight Dutch F-35As, four Turkish F-35As, six Norwegian F-35As aircraft, and 22 F-35As for Foreign Military Sales customers.

Separately, Lockheed won an interim payment of $5.6 billion in early July to help pay for the 91 American F-35s jets in LRIP 11.

The F-35 Joint Program Office said the Pentagon would continue to negotiate the 11th low rate initial production contract with Lockheed Martin and expected an agreement by the end of 2017. The full contract should be finished by the end of the year, the JPO said in a statement. At the same time, they said they are negotiating a separate deal with Pratt & Whitney for the F135 engines, which should be done about the same time.

Is it just me or does that sound suspicious as hell? The F-35 program office HAS NEVER listed a purchase of the F-35 under "foreign military sales customers"!

Is the Pentagon and the Program Office playing games?

Are they actually buying F-35's now in the hopes that they can sell them later?

Are they so desperate to "push down the cost curve" that they would once again flaunt US law and play lawyer to skirt the OBVIOUS intent of Congress to control military waste?

Looks that way to me.

Posted by Solomon at 7/29/2017 02:19:00 AM

Unread postPosted: 21 Jul 2019, 05:50
by hythelday
bultramp wrote:Good morning, I don't intend to enter this forum more,

I guess we all appreciate this decision. :wink:

Unread postPosted: 21 Jul 2019, 06:22
by sferrin

Unread postPosted: 21 Jul 2019, 09:37
by SpudmanWP
Racist much :doh:

Unread postPosted: 21 Jul 2019, 15:18
by steve2267
Don't feed the troll. Maybe it will just go away.

Unread postPosted: 21 Jul 2019, 18:33
by juretrn
What the hell is going on here?
What is this person even trying to say?
Something about Romanians?

Unread postPosted: 22 Jul 2019, 06:46
by FlightDreamz
Romulans! :lmao: :P

Unread postPosted: 22 Jul 2019, 15:45
by playloud
romulan ale should be illegal.gif

Unread postPosted: 22 Jul 2019, 23:25
by ricnunes
This thread is giving me "pointy ears"
:mrgreen:

Unread postPosted: 22 Jul 2019, 23:30
by sprstdlyscottsmn
Klingon.jpg

Okay, that's enough off topic... maybe...

Unread postPosted: 24 Jul 2019, 06:07
by nathan77
I have only just started reading this thread, and I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you're talking about bultramp.

Romanians? Forum users torturing people to death? I'm completely lost.

Unread postPosted: 24 Jul 2019, 12:32
by steve2267
Don't feed the troll. Posts have already been reported.