Incoming SecDef Mattis Backs F-35 Program Criticize by Trump

Program progress, politics, orders, and speculation
Banned

by arian » 10 Jan 2017, 22:55

lamashtu wrote:I should probably addend that with another equally possible outcome: Absolutely nothing of note happens and F-35 program proceeds as planned. Both the media and much of Trump's base for which his Twitter-shaming was designed to pander to have little reason to pay attention to the program once the hub-bub dies down, as there's other stuff Trump can complain about what's gone wrong in the US. To quote an episode of "Yes Minister": "[L]ots of activity but no actual achievement." Except replace the "activity" with "noise".

Yes. Ends with scene of Humphrey saying "Yes, Minster."

Noise will be made, more F-35s will be produced, price will come down with economies of scale, and then Trump can say "see, I brought down the price of the F-35".

Corsair1963 wrote:The titles of his most recent articles says it all....

<span class="skimlinks-unlinked">http://www.nationalreview.com/author/mike-fredenburg</span>

Every single one of his articles there looks like a load of BS.

Elite 1K
Elite 1K

by Dragon029 » 11 Jan 2017, 17:42

Trump's currently having his first press conference in the past 6 months; he's made some (vague) comments:

And we’re going to do that with a lot of other industries. I'm very much involved with the generals and admirals on the airplane, the F35 you’ve been reading about it. And it’s way, way behind schedule and many billions of dollars over budget. I don't like that.

And admirals have been fantastic. In general have been fantastic. I've really gotten to know them well. And were going to do some big things on the F35 program and perhaps the F18 program. And we’re going to get those costs way down, and we’re gonna get the plane even better and we’re going to have to competition. And it's going to be a beautiful thing.

http://www.npr.org/2017/01/11/509137239 ... dent-elect

Elite 5K
Elite 5K

by XanderCrews » 11 Jan 2017, 19:36

"Going to have to competition"

?????
Choose Crews

Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

by cosmicdwarf » 11 Jan 2017, 20:16

He probably thinks threatening to restart the F-18 somehow makes it competition for the F-35.

Banned

by arian » 12 Jan 2017, 01:09

Dragon029 wrote:
And we’re going to do that with a lot of other industries. I'm very much involved with the generals and admirals on the airplane, the F35 you’ve been reading about it. And it’s way, way behind schedule and many billions of dollars over budget. I don't like that.

And admirals have been fantastic. In general have been fantastic. I've really gotten to know them well. And were going to do some big things on the F35 program and perhaps the F18 program. And we’re going to get those costs way down, and we’re gonna get the plane even better and we’re going to have to competition. And it's going to be a beautiful thing.

Are these the actual words he said? He sounds borderline retarded when he speaks like this.

Elite 5K
Elite 5K

by popcorn » 12 Jan 2017, 01:42

arian wrote:
Dragon029 wrote:

Are these the actual words he said? He sounds borderline retarded when he speaks like this.

He has a very limited vocabulary to go with a very limited understanding of the issue. Brain on a loop...essentially what he said previously.
"When a fifth-generation fighter meets a fourth-generation fighter—the [latter] dies,”
CSAF Gen. Mark Welsh

by lamashtu » 12 Jan 2017, 02:18

"I know words. I have the best words" sums it up quite nicely.

Previous