by XanderCrews » 22 Aug 2015, 14:41

Of all the things that have happened in this program, surely this is the worst
Choose Crews

Elite 1K
Elite 1K

by mor10 » 22 Aug 2015, 17:51

borg wrote:Yeah whatever.

Back to the Maus story.
It was stated that F-35 was too expensive for them.

Well just remember that Denmark do not have this:

http://www.nbim.no/en/

So who can blame them.

Nor du they have a common land and sea border with Russia.
Former Flight Control Technican - We keep'em flying

Banned

by borg » 22 Aug 2015, 18:14

Very true, but the Article 5 does still apply?
Its not entirely up to Norway alone to stop Putin at its border..

Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

by mk82 » 22 Aug 2015, 18:41

“The F-35 was initially intended as a good and cheap replacement for the F-16 plane,” they write. “But it has developed into a very expensive and complicated plane.”

“We do not need a dogfighter like the Eurofighter either, which is expensive and falls behind the technological development,” they also wrote.

The pilots recommend Denmark acquire the Super Hornet, which they acknowledge might not be the sexiest choice, but it “can deliver what Denmark needs at an affordable price.”

Have you guys detected an oxymoron here? Hmmmm....the F35 is too "complicated" which actually allows it to be in line with "technological development" whilst the Eurofighter is bad because it falls behind "the technological development" (What!??.....so you want a plane that is "uncomplicated" and consequently will fall behind "technological development" but still diss the Eurofighter :doh: ) and is a dogfighter (wow....ex Viper fighter pilots actually saying that too much dogfighting ability is bad!!! Damn!!!! David Axe better fly to Denmark and slap some sense into those ex Viper fighter pilots! :devil: )

A few more comments about that Politiken article. There is certainty about the future cost of F35As.....the cost will go down!

The impression I got from that article was that the Danes are happy to let their NATO partners do all the day 1/kick the door down heavy lifting whilst their Air Force sit back, relax and chew some herring and then join in when things are going swimmingly. I doubt that is the position of the Danish MOD.

Boeing can offer the advanced Super Hornet to the Danes to help them keep up with "technological development". The Danes just has the pay all the development costs on its own....good luck with that.

by joost » 22 Aug 2015, 19:18

Heyhey, chewing herring is our (Dutch) habit! :D

Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

by arrow-nautics » 23 Aug 2015, 05:14

maus92 wrote:Retired Danish fighter pilots favour the Super Hornet over the F-35 and Eurofighter
Maus92, since you like bad news I suggest you pay close attention to Canadian media for the next 60 days. We have election on so JSF juices will be flowin'

So, has Denmark put the final nail in the coffin or is this conjecture and nonsense?
There's an old rule among many in the fighter procurement business: "Too Early to Tell, Too Late to Stop".

by guy@rdaf.dk » 23 Aug 2015, 06:30

joost wrote:Heyhey, chewing herring is our (Dutch) habit! :D

No!!! Yours is chewing frikadellen and croquetten.....

Regarding the 3 danish "Fighter Pilots", and in prioritized order from the most experienced and down:

1) Niels Gunnar Sørensen flew 1.000 hours on the F-16 between the years 1980-84 (so really current experience.....)
2) Ole Ryberg only flew 15 hours in the F-16 before being transferred to another job (thats what getting washed out was called at the time)
3) Michael Huusom flew the F-100 until 1984 (so also a really really current "Fighter" experience)

Need I say more?

Oh, but wait! I forgot to mention that according to http://www.nytkampfly.dk (site that covers the new fighter competition), they where all "influenced" by Boeing.

Sad to see former RDAF colleagues prostituting them selves.

At least I know that the guys over at the New Fighter Program Office have made an unbiassed comparison which the decision makers will get.

http://nytkampfly.dk/archives/7463
Greetings to you all at the NSA and everybody else who is reading this on ECHELON.

Elite 5K
Elite 5K

by popcorn » 23 Aug 2015, 06:54

guy@rdaf.dk wrote:

Regarding the 3 danish "Fighter Pilots", and in prioritized order from the most experienced and down:

1) Niels Gunnar Sørensen flew 1.000 hours on the F-16 between the years 1980-84 (so really current experience.....)
2) Ole Ryberg only flew 15 hours in the F-16 before being transferred to another job (thats what getting washed out was called at the time)
3) Michael Huusom flew the F-100 until 1984 (so also a really really current "Fighter" experience)

Need I say more?

Oh, but wait! I forgot to mention that according to http://www.nytkampfly.dk (site that covers the new fighter competition), they where all "influenced" by Boeing.

At least I know that the guys over at the New Fighter Program Office have made an unbiassed comparison which the decision makers will get.

Surely Boeing would not stoop so low?' :shock:
"When a fifth-generation fighter meets a fourth-generation fighter—the [latter] dies,”
CSAF Gen. Mark Welsh

Elite 1K
Elite 1K

by Dragon029 » 23 Aug 2015, 07:46

coughKC46cough

Elite 5K
Elite 5K

by XanderCrews » 23 Aug 2015, 09:24

borg wrote:wow.. regulary?

Well i report several posters, but not "regulary".

And on the troll issue..
I just find it both funny and sad the way you guys carry yourself here.
When Maus drops by and post a snippet from what goes in the Dannish media, you imidiently goes into the
self defence(destruct) mode and blame Maus here.

You guys must be proud of Yourself..

And be very carefull what you say about ex-Viper pilots here.
Show some respect. I'm sure they know lots of stuff about F-35. Who are you to say otherwise?

BAHAHAHA!

Now where is Maus92?
Choose Crews

Elite 5K
Elite 5K

by XanderCrews » 23 Aug 2015, 09:26

guy@rdaf.dk wrote:

Need I say more?

Died laughing. Thank you. Nice work Boeing. Very smooth
Choose Crews

Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

by arrow-nautics » 23 Aug 2015, 14:20

guy@rdaf.dk wrote:No!!! Yours is chewing frikadellen and croquetten.....
Guy@rdaf.dk, don't take it too personally. We Canuckleheads get the razzing too, what with our clubbing of seals, eating whale blubber & poutine munching :devil:

Denmark & Canada have this in common, neither of us can figure out our F-35's from our arses :devil:
There's an old rule among many in the fighter procurement business: "Too Early to Tell, Too Late to Stop".

Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

by mk82 » 23 Aug 2015, 16:19

guy@rdaf.dk wrote:

Need I say more?

This!

Elite 5K
Elite 5K

by XanderCrews » 23 Aug 2015, 19:28

mk82 wrote:
guy@rdaf.dk wrote:

Need I say more?

This!

hats off to Mk82 who spotted the very bizarre contradictions early on
Choose Crews

by guy@rdaf.dk » 23 Aug 2015, 19:46

arrow-nautics wrote:
guy@rdaf.dk wrote:No!!! Yours is chewing frikadellen and croquetten.....
Guy@rdaf.dk, don't take it too personally. We Canuckleheads get the razzing too, what with our clubbing of seals, eating whale blubber & poutine munching :devil:

Denmark & Canada have this in common, neither of us can figure out our F-35's from our arses :devil:

Poutine??? You take three things that work fine on their own (fries, cheese and gravy), mix them all up and get what I think is even more gross than whale blubber.

Tried Poutine once during my pilot training in Moose Jaw. Some french-canadian class mate of mine told me it was pretty awesome. Stopped trusting french-canadians after that episode......

Drinking Canadian Rye on the other hand is a total different story :-)

PS. Hans Island belongs to us!!!
Greetings to you all at the NSA and everybody else who is reading this on ECHELON.

PreviousNext