Pressure increases on [Canada] to stay or leave F-35 program

Program progress, politics, orders, and speculation
  • Author

mixelflick

Elite 3K

Elite 3K

Unread post09 Mar 2018, 14:28

Wouldn't that be something?

From a sensor/shooter air defense perspective, the F-35 makes the most sense. It makes the most sense financially too, given any modern airframe is chosen. Two engined requirement be damned.

Besides, aren't these the same people who flew Starfighters all those years!?

ricnunes

Elite 2K

Elite 2K

Unread post10 Mar 2018, 15:11

mixelflick wrote:Two engined requirement be damned.

Besides, aren't these the same people who flew Starfighters all those years!?

And the F-86 Sabre (licenced built in Canada) :wink:
A 4th/4.5th gen fighter aircraft stands about as much chance against a F-35 as a guns-only Sabre has against a Viper.

arrow-nautics

Forum Veteran

Forum Veteran

Unread post17 Mar 2018, 04:03

Didn't know there to post this but since Flynn is Canadian, here we go:

https://twitter.com/thef35/status/97474 ... 67200?s=04

Screen Shot 2018-03-17 at 12.01.41 AM.png
There's an old rule among many in the fighter procurement business: "Too Early to Tell, Too Late to Stop".

luke_sandoz

Forum Veteran

Forum Veteran

Unread post18 Apr 2018, 15:32

Oh oh! He’s back.

Canada’s leading expert in modern multirole fighter aircraft opines.

http://bestfighter4canada.blogspot.ca/2 ... -mess.html
Attachments
CBF3104C-4727-49F2-956E-1B7D458F2C9C.png

ricnunes

Elite 2K

Elite 2K

Unread post18 Apr 2018, 16:13

LOL, there are people that simply cannot recognize when being wrong after being wrong! And that guy from BF4C (or whatever that trash-site is called) is one of them :bang:

On the subject, below there's an 8-day old article about an update from the Canadian fighter procurement:
http://ottawacitizen.com/news/national/ ... f-18-fleet

In the article above one can read the following:

Through a Request for Proposal issued Tuesday, the Canadian government will be hiring an independent third-party reviewer to help validate various procurement documents and support processes relating to the Future Fighter Capability Project. The reviewer’s role will be to provide defence procurement and financial expert analysis to ensure that the procurement approach “is designed to deliver the desired outcomes,” according to Public Services and Procurement Canada.

I just hope that the "independent third-party reviewer" isn't that guy or guys from BF4C... :roll:
A 4th/4.5th gen fighter aircraft stands about as much chance against a F-35 as a guns-only Sabre has against a Viper.

SpudmanWP

Elite 5K

Elite 5K

Unread post18 Apr 2018, 17:07

Just be happy it's not Captain Kangaroo.. I mean Winslow Wheeler. :cheers:
"The early bird gets the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese."

luke_sandoz

Forum Veteran

Forum Veteran

Unread post18 Apr 2018, 17:12

SpudmanWP wrote:Just be happy it's not Captain Kangaroo.. I mean Winslow Wheeler. :cheers:

Or that other flamer, the ex USAF sergeant living in Australia??

playloud

Unread post18 Apr 2018, 18:36

Now they're commenting about F-16.net.

temp1.jpg

botsing

Forum Veteran

Forum Veteran

Unread post18 Apr 2018, 20:28

playloud wrote:Now they're commenting about F-16.net.

temp1.jpg

I love Rafale! To me it's a visually pleasing plane that looks like it did it's job well with that last Syria strike.

I'm pretty sure we can discuss Rafale (or any other plane) here as long as we leave the angry pixies and fairy tales at home. I guess we are a bit more demanding for factual information and viable hypothesis on F-16.net.
"Those who know don’t talk. Those who talk don’t know"

juretrn

Unread post18 Apr 2018, 22:30

temp1.jpg

Ehhh naaaay f-16.net is bad

(sorry for posting memez)
Russia stronk

ricnunes

Elite 2K

Elite 2K

Unread post19 Apr 2018, 10:52

botsing wrote:

temp1.jpg

I love Rafale! To me it's a visually pleasing plane that looks like it did it's job well with that last Syria strike.

I'm pretty sure we can discuss Rafale (or any other plane) here as long as we leave the angry pixies and fairy tales at home. I guess we are a bit more demanding for factual information and viable hypothesis on F-16.net.

Of course we can discuss any other aircraft here at F-16.net like for example the Rafale - just look at Rafale thread here in the F-35 subforum of F-16.net for example.

Now and like botsing correctly said, we don't include pixies and fairy tales as viable arguments here.

Moreover, it's funny that "they accuse us" here of being against other aircraft (like the Rafale) when it is them (at BF4C) that are always against the F-35 independently of all evidence supporting it (F-35). :doh:

For my part the reason no.1 that I don't like BF4C is because the site's title is misleading. Instead, it should be called:
- Best Fighter for Canada Except the F-35 (BF4CEF35 or whatever...)
- NO F-35 for Canada (NF354C or whatever...)
:roll:
At least with the any of the titles above they would be honest with themselves and above all, honest to anyone who may stumble on that... site

XanderCrews

Elite 5K

Elite 5K

Unread post22 Apr 2018, 04:08

luke_sandoz wrote:Oh oh! He’s back.

Canada’s leading expert in modern multirole fighter aircraft opines.

http://bestfighter4canada.blogspot.ca/2 ... -mess.html

LOL the F-35 is getting continually less messy, yet Canada is getting ever more messy with their CF-18 replacement.

Which really would be a more appropriate title "CF-18 replacement update: its still a mess"

But that would lay the blame at Canada's doorstep and not the mean old F-35 that 12 other nations are going forward on. We can't have that.
Choose Crews

XanderCrews

Elite 5K

Elite 5K

Unread post22 Apr 2018, 04:15

temp1.jpg

I have no problem with BF4C-- its the lies, BS, lies, Misinformation, lies, ignorance, lies, and group think and lies I have a problem with. However those things seem to be a true symptom of BF4C and even this guy unconsciously realizes there is seemingly no separating that.

Even ol' Bill McIntosh is constantly moving the goal posts:

Well did he serve in the cold?! YES

Well not as Cold as Canada Eh!

Well did he fix airplanes!? YES

Well not on the small Canadian budget!

Well did he work on F-35s!? YES

Well not in Canada!

Well is he Canadian!? Yes

Well no true Canadian!

Every time you prove him wrong he creates some nuance to un-justify the point you just made.

So hes essentially never going to be satisfied until an actual Canadian F-35 at a Canadian base works operationally on F-35s in Canada, which would require of course that they actually buy them. And as Neu pointed out, no one else can say they built or operated their Airplane in Canada or with specific Canadian requirements in mind in the first place.

Just as a review on their thought process:

A Gripen is fine for Canada because its designed in Sweden which is cold, but never had Canada in mind at all.

An F-35 won't work for Canada even though Canada has been involved in it from the start first hand, and Norway (which is right next to sweden) is operating them in the exact same climate.

:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:
Choose Crews

ricnunes

Elite 2K

Elite 2K

Unread post22 Apr 2018, 22:33

XanderCrews wrote:I have no problem with BF4C-- its the lies, BS, lies, Misinformation, lies, ignorance, lies, and group think and lies I have a problem with. However those things seem to be a true symptom of BF4C and even this guy unconsciously realizes there is seemingly no separating that.

Well the problem is that:

BF4C = lies, BS, lies, Misinformation, lies, ignorance, lies, group think and lies :wink:

citanon

Unread post22 Apr 2018, 23:28

ricnunes wrote:
XanderCrews wrote:I have no problem with BF4C-- its the lies, BS, lies, Misinformation, lies, ignorance, lies, and group think and lies I have a problem with. However those things seem to be a true symptom of BF4C and even this guy unconsciously realizes there is seemingly no separating that.

Well the problem is that:

BF4C = lies, BS, lies, Misinformation, lies, ignorance, lies, group think and lies :wink:

The problem is a lot of poster on there seem to think like 10 year olds, while some others sound suspiciously like Russian trolls pretending to be Canadian.

A few (like Axel) are intelligent and fun to talk to (and digs up good info) even if they are eurocanard fans but they can get drowned out by the noise.
PreviousNext

Return to Program and politics