Pressure increases on [Canada] to stay or leave F-35 program

Program progress, politics, orders, and speculation
  • Author

durahawk

Unread post13 Nov 2017, 21:32

spazsinbad wrote:EuroTrash at a disadvantage in Canadoo Fiter CompetitionNOT? Who cares - wot competition - blah blah blah and more....

http://ottawacitizen.com/news/national/ ... ompetition

"Perhaps, European aircraft could be outfitted with some of the same systems on U.S. aircraft, enhancing interoperability. But the maintenance and supply chain would be different from a U.S. plane."

Lol... sure... you can subcontract US defense contractors to integrate those systems in, but what do you think that will do to the price of your already very expensive Eurocanard?

XanderCrews

Elite 3K

Elite 3K

Unread post14 Nov 2017, 03:37

durahawk wrote:
Lol... sure... you can subcontract US defense contractors to integrate those systems in, but what do you think that will do to the price of your already very expensive Eurocanard?

Custom built Typhoons with US Avionics

Sounds easy and inexpensive lol
Choose Crews

luke_sandoz

Unread post14 Nov 2017, 06:42

XanderCrews wrote:
durahawk wrote:

One way for the Typhoon to finally get a modern AESA radar . . . Suck Canada into paying for it.

madrat

Elite 1K

Elite 1K

Unread post14 Nov 2017, 08:43

So basically buying F/A-18E and F in Typhoon airframes...

Corsair1963

Elite 3K

Elite 3K

Unread post14 Nov 2017, 11:23

madrat wrote:So basically buying F/A-18E and F in Typhoon airframes...

So, why would Canada want to buy the Typhoon? When the Typhoon Partners (Eurofighter) are buying or wanting to buy the F-35! (Germany, Italy, Spain, and UK) :bang:

madrat

Elite 1K

Elite 1K

Unread post14 Nov 2017, 12:48

I have no idea. Almost as contraindicative as buying F/A-18 over F-35.

XanderCrews

Elite 3K

Elite 3K

Unread post14 Nov 2017, 14:49

madrat wrote:I have no idea. Almost as contraindicative as buying F/A-18 over F-35.

This.

Why are we asking why Canada would be illogical and go against the grain of its own allies?
Choose Crews

mas

Unread post14 Nov 2017, 15:29

Corsair1963 wrote:

So, why would Canada want to buy the Typhoon? When the Typhoon Partners (Eurofighter) are buying or wanting to buy the F-35! (Germany, Italy, Spain, and UK) :bang:

They are not buying F-35 to replace Typhoon, they are buying it to replace older Tornadoes. In time they could replace Typhoon with F-35 but it hasn't happened yet.

ricnunes

Forum Veteran

Forum Veteran

Unread post14 Nov 2017, 21:36

XanderCrews wrote:
durahawk wrote:

LOL! :mrgreen:

What's "funny" is that I've been providing some articles to the Ottawa's Citizen Defence Watch blog poster David Pugliese and in the past he even posted there some of the articles that I suggested. "Interestingly" (note the quotes) and more or less since the time that this Liberal government won the elections and took the office, all and every article which somehow "praise the F-35" were always ignored.
For example and very recently I suggested the article where "German Air Force hints at preference for F-35" and it was "obviously" ignored - I'm pretty sure that if it was a rumour about some country remotely interested in any Eurocanard that it would be instantly posted at Defence Watch. :roll:
But yeah, such news (German Air Force hints at preference for F-35) would definitely rain on the "Canadian's media parade" of a supposed Canadian interest in the Typhoon!

Anyway, there's NO chance that Canada will buy the Typhoon! Even if this is the current Canadian media "wet dream" :roll:

Corsair1963

Elite 3K

Elite 3K

Unread post15 Nov 2017, 05:36

mas wrote:
Corsair1963 wrote:

They are not buying F-35 to replace Typhoon, they are buying it to replace older Tornadoes. In time they could replace Typhoon with F-35 but it hasn't happened yet.

No, my point is why would Canada (not Germany) be interested in the Typhoon. When the partners that developed it are buying F-35's! :doh:

XanderCrews

Elite 3K

Elite 3K

Unread post15 Nov 2017, 18:17

If the media in Canada is like the US media they carefully select, edit, and word stories to cover for liberals. "Its for the greater good" lying and omission is ok if it helps your agenda

No shock the F-35 is not even being mentioned when they should be raking PM selfie over razor blade tipped hot coals for it.
Choose Crews

hb_pencil

Forum Veteran

Forum Veteran

Unread post15 Nov 2017, 18:47

XanderCrews wrote:If the media in Canada is like the US media they carefully select, edit, and word stories to cover for liberals. "Its for the greater good" lying and omission is ok if it helps your agenda

Uh, no. And frankly, having worked with a number of American journalists from the "lying (small l) liberal media", I'd argue that the ones I worked with are pretty dedicated to upholding journalistic standards. I get you're a conservative, but denigrating the entire media like that (and knowing the source of where its coming from), is just foolhardy.

Poorly educated on this topic? sure. Unduly cynical? Probably. Complicit with the (big L) Liberals? hardly. We also have much more restrictive libel laws, which play into this. We are only now getting a journalism shield law, you have a lifetime gag order on the topic.

ricnunes

Forum Veteran

Forum Veteran

Unread post16 Nov 2017, 13:23

hb_pencil wrote:
XanderCrews wrote:If the media in Canada is like the US media they carefully select, edit, and word stories to cover for liberals. "Its for the greater good" lying and omission is ok if it helps your agenda

Uh, no. And frankly, having worked with a number of American journalists from the "lying (small l) liberal media", I'd argue that the ones I worked with are pretty dedicated to upholding journalistic standards. I get you're a conservative, but denigrating the entire media like that (and knowing the source of where its coming from), is just foolhardy.

Poorly educated on this topic? sure. Unduly cynical? Probably. Complicit with the (big L) Liberals? hardly. We also have much more restrictive libel laws, which play into this. We are only now getting a journalism shield law, you have a lifetime gag order on the topic.

My perception about the American versus Canadian media is the following:
- In the USA, the big media corporations seem to be divided between both political spectrums. For example CNN completely backs up the Democrats while Fox News completely backs up the Republicans.
- Now in Canada, it doesn't seem to work this way. My perception is that all big media corporations in Canada seem to somehow back up the Liberals. A blatant example of this is CBC (but there are other example like Ottawa's Citizen which I posted above).

Note that I not putting into question many of the individual journalists (which I believe that there are many serious and competent ones) but I put into question those who runs those big media corporations which definitely serve their own interests instead of being in service for the Truth(TM).

But, please feel free to correct me in case I'm mistaken...

sferrin

Elite 3K

Elite 3K

Unread post16 Nov 2017, 14:57

hb_pencil wrote:

Uh, no. And frankly, having worked with a number of American journalists from the "lying (small l) liberal media", I'd argue that the ones I worked with are pretty dedicated to upholding journalistic standards.

You obviously haven't been paying attention to what's going on in America these days. I don't doubt there are a couple honest journalists but they're by far the minority, and they're certainly well off center stage.
"There I was. . ."

mixelflick

Elite 1K

Elite 1K

Unread post16 Nov 2017, 15:33

This may seem absurd, but what about this acquisition process hasn't been? Hear me out...

What's the likelihood that this enormous circle jerk ends in Canada resurrecting the Arrow? They'd finally get what they want. 2 engines, great range, buildup of a technology base/jobs. At least they won't be bellyaching after the fact!
PreviousNext

Return to Program and politics