Pressure increases on [Canada] to stay or leave F-35 program

Program progress, politics, orders, and speculation
  • Author
  • Message
Offline

luke_sandoz

Senior member

Senior member

  • Posts: 463
  • Joined: 08 Feb 2011, 20:25

Unread post17 Jun 2017, 18:44

And now, from the "couldn't organize a **** up in a whorehouse" file . . .
Attachments
IMG_8813.PNG
Offline
User avatar

XanderCrews

Elite 3K

Elite 3K

  • Posts: 5177
  • Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 19:42

Unread post17 Jun 2017, 23:56

Never go full retard
Choose Crews
Offline
User avatar

arrow-nautics

Forum Veteran

Forum Veteran

  • Posts: 629
  • Joined: 29 Sep 2012, 23:42
  • Location: Halifax

Unread post18 Jun 2017, 01:15

spazsinbad wrote::devil: OH CANADA. You are standing in it. Buy some GAP FILLA - wheredoyageddit? GAP of course. :doh:
Canada pushing ahead with stopgap plan to buy St. Louis-made Super Hornets, defense chief says
09 Jun 2017 David Ljunggren; Reuters

"OTTAWA • Canada is pressing ahead with plans to buy an interim fleet of 18 St. Louis-made F/A-18 Super Hornets, the country's top soldier told Reuters, speaking amid tensions with the United States that could derail a proposed deal with Boeing Co. General Jonathan Vance, chief of the defense staff general, said the armed forces needed the jets as a stopgap measure while Canada prepares a competition to buy a fleet of 88 new planes, a process scheduled to take five years.

"There is a capability gap," he said in an interview late on Thursday.


I warned people across multiple sites that what Vance was saying was NOT gospel. Suckers are backtracking as we speak. :mrgreen:

Now this: http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/jonatha ... -1.4162998

"The most critical thing for me, as I look to the long term health and capacity of the institution, is that very important commitment to an open competition with no barriers to that competition," Gen. Jonathan Vance, told Chris Hall, host of CBC Radio's The House.
There's an old rule among many in the fighter procurement business: "Too Early to Tell, Too Late to Stop".
Offline
User avatar

XanderCrews

Elite 3K

Elite 3K

  • Posts: 5177
  • Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 19:42

Unread post18 Jun 2017, 02:21

arrow-nautics wrote:
spazsinbad wrote::devil: OH CANADA. You are standing in it. Buy some GAP FILLA - wheredoyageddit? GAP of course. :doh:
Canada pushing ahead with stopgap plan to buy St. Louis-made Super Hornets, defense chief says
09 Jun 2017 David Ljunggren; Reuters

"OTTAWA • Canada is pressing ahead with plans to buy an interim fleet of 18 St. Louis-made F/A-18 Super Hornets, the country's top soldier told Reuters, speaking amid tensions with the United States that could derail a proposed deal with Boeing Co. General Jonathan Vance, chief of the defense staff general, said the armed forces needed the jets as a stopgap measure while Canada prepares a competition to buy a fleet of 88 new planes, a process scheduled to take five years.

"There is a capability gap," he said in an interview late on Thursday.


I warned people across multiple sites that what Vance was saying was NOT gospel. Suckers are backtracking as we speak. :mrgreen:

Now this: http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/jonatha ... -1.4162998

"The most critical thing for me, as I look to the long term health and capacity of the institution, is that very important commitment to an open competition with no barriers to that competition," Gen. Jonathan Vance, told Chris Hall, host of CBC Radio's The House.



Lol does anyone know WTF is going on up there? Sweet jesus
Choose Crews
Offline

magitsu

Active Member

Active Member

  • Posts: 167
  • Joined: 12 Jun 2015, 22:12

Unread post18 Jun 2017, 09:32

XanderCrews wrote:Lol does anyone know WTF is going on up there? Sweet jesus

They must be high on maple syrup or something. Can't make any sense of what they're doing when looking from the outside.
Offline
User avatar

XanderCrews

Elite 3K

Elite 3K

  • Posts: 5177
  • Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 19:42

Unread post18 Jun 2017, 19:46

magitsu wrote:
XanderCrews wrote:Lol does anyone know WTF is going on up there? Sweet jesus

They must be high on maple syrup or something. Can't make any sense of what they're doing when looking from the outside.



They don't even know if they do or don't want meetings. That would require a decision of course
Choose Crews
Offline

southernphantom

Forum Veteran

Forum Veteran

  • Posts: 962
  • Joined: 06 Aug 2011, 17:18
  • Location: Somewhere in Dixie

Unread post19 Jun 2017, 01:39

Christ on a cracker, it's like herding cats. Retarded cats.
Offline
User avatar

popcorn

Elite 3K

Elite 3K

  • Posts: 6940
  • Joined: 24 Sep 2008, 08:55

Unread post19 Jun 2017, 01:44

Looks like they had a hard time justifying funds for the refreshments to be served to the vendor reps... :mrgreen:
"When a fifth-generation fighter meets a fourth-generation fighter—the [latter] dies,”
CSAF Gen. Mark Welsh
Offline
User avatar

Dragon029

Elite 1K

Elite 1K

  • Posts: 1086
  • Joined: 22 Dec 2014, 07:13

Unread post21 Jun 2017, 18:53

https://www.dodbuzz.com/2017/06/21/lock ... -buy-eyed/

Jeff Babione, executive vice president and general manager of the F-35 program for manufacturer Lockheed Martin, told Military.com in an interview Wednesday at the Paris Air Show that he is “confident” the aircraft will be selected in an open competition to replace Canada’s aging CF-18 Hornets.

Babione said he hopes the F-35A aerial demo at the show, which highlighted the aircraft’s ability to maneuver with ease, had made an impact on Canadian officials.

“I had the privilege of meeting with the Canadian contingent here at the Paris Air Show, and I’m actually very encouraged about our conversation,” he said. “We were talking about how the F-35 can be part of their future fighter competition. Clearly, they were able to see the capabilities of the airplane here with the demonstration and, previously, a significant amount of information about the F-35, its amazing capabilities, its sensor fusion and 5th-generation capabilities, as well as the capabilities they saw here.”
Offline

mixelflick

Elite 1K

Elite 1K

  • Posts: 1681
  • Joined: 20 Mar 2010, 10:26
  • Location: Parts Unknown

Unread post21 Jun 2017, 18:59

Just for fun, someone should float the idea of boneyard (restored) F-101 Voodoo's. It's twin engined, served with distinction already once and is probably the right price too.
Offline
User avatar

steve2267

Elite 1K

Elite 1K

  • Posts: 1143
  • Joined: 12 Jun 2016, 17:36

Unread post21 Jun 2017, 19:12

If Canaduh decides to press forward with an interim purchase of 18 aircraft... if LM were to offer the F-35A @ $85M each... I don't see how anyone else could beat that price? Perhaps the F/A-18E Super Dupra Block II (?), but after adding on FMS fees etc etc... I am not even sure Boing could beat such a price. Thoroughly conjecture on my part, though...
Take an F-16, stir in a little A-7, bake, then sprinkle on a generous helping of F-117. What do you get? An F-35.
Offline

citanon

Active Member

Active Member

  • Posts: 189
  • Joined: 01 Jul 2015, 21:42

Unread post25 Jun 2017, 00:49

Dragon029 wrote:https://www.dodbuzz.com/2017/06/21/lockheed-exec-confident-canada-will-pick-f-35-block-buy-eyed/

Jeff Babione, executive vice president and general manager of the F-35 program for manufacturer Lockheed Martin, told Military.com in an interview Wednesday at the Paris Air Show that he is “confident” the aircraft will be selected in an open competition to replace Canada’s aging CF-18 Hornets.

Babione said he hopes the F-35A aerial demo at the show, which highlighted the aircraft’s ability to maneuver with ease, had made an impact on Canadian officials.

“I had the privilege of meeting with the Canadian contingent here at the Paris Air Show, and I’m actually very encouraged about our conversation,” he said. “We were talking about how the F-35 can be part of their future fighter competition. Clearly, they were able to see the capabilities of the airplane here with the demonstration and, previously, a significant amount of information about the F-35, its amazing capabilities, its sensor fusion and 5th-generation capabilities, as well as the capabilities they saw here.”


Canada is such a tease. She just can't make up her mind. :doh: :mrgreen:

Maybe they are waiting for Lockheed to outfit the F35 with delta wings and change its name to the Arrow II. :devil:
Offline

luke_sandoz

Senior member

Senior member

  • Posts: 463
  • Joined: 08 Feb 2011, 20:25

Unread post11 Jul 2017, 16:12

Looks like lockMart is going to increase the pressure on Canada . . .
Attachments
IMG_9346.PNG
Offline
User avatar

Dragon029

Elite 1K

Elite 1K

  • Posts: 1086
  • Joined: 22 Dec 2014, 07:13
Offline

mixelflick

Elite 1K

Elite 1K

  • Posts: 1681
  • Joined: 20 Mar 2010, 10:26
  • Location: Parts Unknown

Unread post11 Jul 2017, 17:20

When the final chapter is written in the Canada/F-35 saga, it will come to define the penultimate meaning of "acquisition malpractice".

I'm not sure why Canada has botched things so badly. They run a tight ship, don't allow any riff raff and as a result - have a beautiful, clean country.
PreviousNext

Return to Program and politics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests