“F-35 Improvement...”

Production milestones, roll-outs, test flights, service introduction and other milestones.
  • Author

quicksilver

Elite 2K

Elite 2K

steve2267

Elite 2K

Elite 2K

Unread post07 Jan 2020, 19:07

Grudgingly...
Take an F-16, stir in A-7, dollop of F-117, gob of F-22, dash of F/A-18, sprinkle with AV-8B, stir well + bake. Whaddya get? F-35.

spazsinbad

Elite 5K

Elite 5K

• Warnings: -2

Unread post07 Jan 2020, 21:30

My favourite sentence - the last one: "...Pentagon approval for full-rate production, delayed from last month, looms [why loom?] for sometime later this year after the testing is complete. :doh: ['slow tony' - for whom the bell tolls?] :devil:

"to loom is to appear or stand over someone in a threatening way. Don't loom over the person you're teaching to weave!" [funni] https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/loom
A4G Skyhawk: www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/ & www.youtube.com/channel/UCwqC_s6gcCVvG7NOge3qfAQ/videos?view_as=subscriber

mixelflick

Elite 3K

Elite 3K

Unread post18 Jan 2020, 14:51

Heard many of the same criticisms of the F-15, F-16 etc.. Apparently, most people are under the impression testing new aircraft should be trouble free. Factory fresh with no bugs, nothing to improve etc... I'm not sure how you turn this around, or how the F-35 made so many enemies. As far as I can see, it was/is "cool" to dump on the F-35.

That's changing though, as this and other reports show. It'll likely take successful, high profile raids and/or air to air shootdowns of enemy fighters to truly cement the fact the F-35's a world beater. Sad to say, but I don't see it happening any other way.

Alternatively, it may garner a good reputation the way the F-22 has: Once it shows up in your neighborhood, it's so dominant bad actors (i.e. Iran) get in line like, right quick.

quicksilver

Elite 2K

Elite 2K

Unread post18 Jan 2020, 17:24

“I'm not sure how you turn this around”

Apart from pop-up sensationalist reporting every now and then, it’s already about as turned around as it ever will be in the age of click bait and re-reporting.

“Alternatively, it may garner a good reputation the way the F-22 has: Once it shows up in your neighborhood, it's so dominant bad actors (i.e. Iran) get in line like, right quick.“

Really? Cite an example for us.

Return to F-35 milestones