GAO slams F135

All about the Pratt & Whitney F135 and the (cancelled) General Electric/Rolls-Royce F136
  • Author

XanderCrews

Elite 3K

Elite 3K

Unread post30 Apr 2015, 20:22

sergei wrote:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russians

Russian culture is varied and unique in many respects. It has a rich history and a long tradition in all of the arts, especially in fields of literature and philosophy, classical music and ballet, architecture and painting, cinema and animation, all of which had considerable influence on world culture.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_ ... innovation

Who are you trying to convince?
Choose Crews

spazsinbad

Elite 3K

Elite 3K

• Warnings: -2

Unread post30 Apr 2015, 21:00

How about everyone take this ruskie shitbull to the right forum section - start a new thread there and have at it. This thread is about the F135 AT LEAST! This thread is not about the endless crap about whatever else. THANK YOU.
RAN FAA A4G Skyhawk 1970s: https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/ AND https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwqC_s6gcCVvG7NOge3qfAQ/

archeman

Forum Veteran

Forum Veteran

Unread post30 Apr 2015, 21:57

popcorn wrote:
sergei wrote:Indians are known for of some carelessness - part of their culture and caste society.

What are Russians known for?

They know where the good beer is.
Seriously.
My company has about 35% of all its engineers in Russia and when those guys come out for training and projects we invite them out for dinner but somehow they already seem to know where the best beer places are in town before we can suggest anything.

Works for me!
Daddy why do we have to hide? Because we use VI son, and they use windows.

shrimpman

Unread post30 Apr 2015, 22:35

But he is right about India. All professional experience I have with Indians (and that is a lot with all IT services in my company being outsourced) is extremely bad. They're like five year old children. Absolutely clueless. At one point entire team of them was fixing one system issue for 7 months with no results, then a Polish dude came over, scratched his head for a moment and sat down to write up a program patch that fixed the thing in 20 minutes. I am quite convinced the engine failures could be something like that. If you gave them most reliable engine in the world, they would still break it.

lamoey

Elite 1K

Elite 1K

Unread post30 Apr 2015, 22:47

shrimpman wrote:But he is right about India. All professional experience I have with Indians (and that is a lot with all IT services in my company being outsourced) is extremely bad. They're like five year old children. Absolutely clueless. At one point entire team of them was fixing one system issue for 7 months with no results, then a Polish dude came over, scratched his head for a moment and sat down to write up a program patch that fixed the thing in 20 minutes. I am quite convinced the engine failures could be something like that. If you gave them most reliable engine in the world, they would still break it.

They say it takes a college graduate to fly them, and a high school graduate to fix them. Perhaps too many chiefs and not enough Indians (pun intended)
Former Flight Control Technican - We keep'em flying

charlielima223

Forum Veteran

Forum Veteran

Unread post01 May 2015, 09:02

Is there ANYTHING the GAO does like?

mk82

Forum Veteran

Forum Veteran

Unread post01 May 2015, 12:28

sergei wrote:Indians are known for of some carelessness - part of their culture and caste society.

If you want to play that game....Russians are known for severe Vodka induced drunkeness, crazy Cossack dances and flagrant disregard for safety....Gor Gor Gor Gor

There, I just painted the whole Russian race with a broad stroke/brush....did you like that Sergei? Did you like that!?? 8)

popcorn

Elite 3K

Elite 3K

Unread post01 May 2015, 14:59

LOL. Also known for this. In the words of Spock, "Most illogical"...
www.youtube.com/watch?v=IC6W8J0j8Co
"When a fifth-generation fighter meets a fourth-generation fighter—the [latter] dies,”
CSAF Gen. Mark Welsh

mk82

Forum Veteran

Forum Veteran

Unread post01 May 2015, 15:31

popcorn wrote:LOL. Also known for this. In the words of Spock, "Most illogical"...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IC6W8J0j8Co

:mrgreen:

shrimpman

Unread post01 May 2015, 15:51

I hate to play a devil’s advocate, but I don’t think Sergei meant any offense in his statement. Maybe he should have elaborated a bit, this is a huge over-simplification, but I think he could be right in this instance. I think lamoey summed it up perfectly.
In my own experience (IT services, no military stuff at all) the caste-society does have a huge impact on the work culture over there. Education is still vastly diversified over the castes and college degrees are pretty much reserved only for the “nobles”. These would be the engineers, the bald-heads. Except they don’t do any work. As all nobles they are disgusted by manual labour. They delegate all dirty work to their less-educated subordinates, who, quite frankly, lack the skill and knowledge. They get no help whatsoever from the bald-heads, who believe it is beneath them to even think about mundane work such as system maintenance and moreover are not too keen to lower themselves to even speaking to members of the lower castes. Having no guidance, the lowly technicians quickly become experts at sweeping the trash under the carpet, hoping that it will hit the fan on someone else’s shift. Stuff keeps working while it’s brand new, everybody keeps patting each other on the back, then all of a sudden it breaks down because there was no maintenance done at all in years and they all disperse in all directions with hands in pockets, whistling innocently into the air. If Indian military has even a small resemblance to their IT world, Sergei’s claims sound quite convincing.

lamoey

Elite 1K

Elite 1K

Unread post01 May 2015, 17:03

I have some experience with Russian sailors. In general good, honest, hard working people. However, if you leave an engine room in the hands of a Russian for, say 5-10 years, original OEM parts no longer fits anywhere. The reason is that they will modify any part to fit where it was not mean to go, but they do get it to work. The engine is therefore more or less worthless after said time period.

Another issue to add to shrimpman's comment. Women is unfortunately equally looked down upon, and this causes many issues where Indians work in western companies.
Former Flight Control Technican - We keep'em flying

shrimpman

Unread post01 May 2015, 20:00

lamoey wrote:I have some experience with Russian sailors. In general good, honest, hard working people. However, if you leave an engine room in the hands of a Russian for, say 5-10 years, original OEM parts no longer fits anywhere. The reason is that they will modify any part to fit where it was not mean to go, but they do get it to work. The engine is therefore more or less worthless after said time period.

That got me laughing so hard right now. I've heard exactly the same thing from the opposite side :) My dad used to be a deep-sea fisherman. In late eighties he and several friends legged it while they were docking in Vancouver. They somehow made it to Seattle and eventually found a job in Alaska on Bering Sea fishing trawlers. It was a vast culture shock to be thrown from deep communism right into the heart of weird capitalist madness. Anyway, they were complaining about Americans' inability to improvise and adherence to the rulebooks. One day they have noticed the motorman has brought a big chunk of machinery into the room, wrapped it carefuly with rags and put in into his sack. When gently asked "what the he11 is that?" the motorman told his story:
Some kind of fuse had a snapped wire, it was shorting out and starting small fires all over the engine. So this guy took a dime from a pocket, took a rubber band, snapped it and made attached it to a dime with a drop of superglue. Then he used the rubber like a string to lower the dime into the gap to reach the broken wire. Banged it down few timed with a handle of a plier to secure it in place and then pulled the rubber free. The dime touched both ends of broken wire, the shorting out stopped and the fuse worked fine. All the time the chief watched him with a look of utter terror. The moment the motorman stepped aside, the chief yelled "sweet Jesus!", removed the entire fuse, threw it into the bin and replaced it with a new one.
"Why did you take it out of the bin?"
"I couldn't bear to see a perfectly fine fuse being thrown out just like that! Can you imagine? Perfectly good fuse! It would easily last few more years! These Americans... Can you believe this?"
Previous

Return to F-35 Engine