F-35B will have the most complex single engine for a jet

All about the Pratt & Whitney F135 and the (cancelled) General Electric/Rolls-Royce F136
Elite 5K
Elite 5K

by spazsinbad » 22 Apr 2020, 07:53

hythelday wrote:
spazsinbad wrote:Not sure IF I want to go further into this Russian auto-eject feature on RUSSIAN AIRCRAFT, however I recall "...I have not seen this info acknowledged anywhere..." reading that certainly there was interest in the west for auto-eject but so what?

So what? Here-s what:
Lockheed provided a small amount of funding in return for obtaining performance data and limited design data on the Yak-141

You said yourself:
Oh dear, here we go around and around - this story is telling about said YAK-141 and NO BITS WERE BORROWED From it.

If, according to numerous documents provided, including by you, NO BITS WERE BORROWED, then what "performance data and limited design data" was purchased by Lockheed was analysed? I suggest that auto-eject feature was one candidate because that was the only part of Freestyle that was truly unique and of interest to LM.

Just because you borrow facts not in dispute does not mean you can guess the rest. In any event I do not care. Find proof.

Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

by hythelday » 22 Apr 2020, 08:39

spazsinbad wrote:Just because you borrow facts not in dispute does not mean you can guess the rest. In any event I do not care. Find proof.

The guess is a guess, and one can always make it. That's why I guess and suspect, not claim. Do you know exactly what limited design and performance data LM purchased?

Elite 5K
Elite 5K

by spazsinbad » 22 Apr 2020, 08:58

hythelday wrote:
spazsinbad wrote:Just because you borrow facts not in dispute does not mean you can guess the rest. In any event I do not care. Find proof.

The guess is a guess, and one can always make it. That's why I guess and suspect, not claim. Do you know exactly what limited design and performance data LM purchased?

A guess is a guess is a guess. I prefer to find evidence and not guess. As mentioned - I don't care and that is not a guess.

Previous