APG-81 vs ASQ-239

The F-35 compared with other modern jets.

by armedupdate » 05 Sep 2017, 00:25

If two F-35's fight, would radar or electronic warfare systems get the upper hand? With the RWR detect and be able to do some jamming or will the AESA avoid detection and jamming?

I know it's classified, but what is most probable? They are relatively the same tech and I believe get similar funding. The APG-81 has larger arrays no doubt and have larger gain. However RWRs can detect stronger energy(vs energy reflected from radars)

Also couldn't the APG-81 be used as a RWR?

Banned

by wewuzkangz » 05 Sep 2017, 00:44

armedupdate wrote:If two F-35's fight, would radar or electronic warfare systems get the upper hand? With the RWR detect and be able to do some jamming or will the AESA avoid detection and jamming?

I know it's classified, but what is most probable? They are relatively the same tech and I believe get similar funding. The APG-81 has larger arrays no doubt and have larger gain. However RWRs can detect stronger energy(vs energy reflected from radars)

Also couldn't the APG-81 be used as a RWR?

would radar or electronic warfare systems get the upper hand? Very difficult subject without much information out there but I do know that the SU-57 information states that himalayas and byelka despite one being radar and one being a EW system can change roles if they wanted to. Can the F-35 do this? If it can I will just call it a draw......Because I call it a draw is because T/R modules for himalayas and byelka can change roles these T/R modules will get same power performance or max and both will end up with the same results. So bottom line is can APG-81 or ASQ-239 change roles?

Elite 4K
Elite 4K

by wrightwing » 05 Sep 2017, 01:43

What would happen if an unstoppable force meets with an immovable object?

Elite 3K
Elite 3K

by steve2267 » 05 Sep 2017, 04:31

WW, you mean if Thor and Hulk had an arm wrestling match?
Take an F-16, stir in A-7, dollop of F-117, gob of F-22, dash of F/A-18, sprinkle with AV-8B, stir well + bake. Whaddya get? F-35.

Elite 5K
Elite 5K

by sprstdlyscottsmn » 05 Sep 2017, 05:27

steve2267 wrote:WW, you mean if Thor and Hulk had an arm wrestling match?

IIRC they held a standstill for hours and decided to quit.
"Spurts"

-Pilot
-Aerospace Engineer
-Army Medic
-FMS Systems Engineer
-PFD Systems Engineer
-PATRIOT Systems Engineer

Elite 3K
Elite 3K

by steve2267 » 05 Sep 2017, 13:57

sprstdlyscottsmn wrote:
steve2267 wrote:WW, you mean if Thor and Hulk had an arm wrestling match?

IIRC they held a standstill for hours and decided to quit.

So THAT'S how Captain America got Blackwidow... :roll:
Take an F-16, stir in A-7, dollop of F-117, gob of F-22, dash of F/A-18, sprinkle with AV-8B, stir well + bake. Whaddya get? F-35.

Elite 5K
Elite 5K

by sferrin » 05 Sep 2017, 15:31

What's the deal with all these juvenile threads lately? Are "Armedupdate" and "wewuzkangz" special needs children or what? (Assuming they're not the same person.)
"There I was. . ."

Location: Home of nuclear submarines, engines, and that's about it.

by white_lightning35 » 05 Sep 2017, 16:02

sferrin wrote:What's the deal with all these juvenile threads lately? Are "Armedupdate" and "wewuzkangz" special needs children or what? (Assuming they're not the same person.)

So instead of contributing something, you decided to insinuate that armedupdate is mentally handicapped and come up with another conspiracy theory about him, and he's the juvenile one? Interesting.

Banned

by wewuzkangz » 05 Sep 2017, 16:17

sferrin wrote:What's the deal with all these juvenile threads lately? Are "Armedupdate" and "wewuzkangz" special needs children or what? (Assuming they're not the same person.)

Ohh come on why am I still being excluded if the example I provided in this thread is no different to the comical responses here by calling his statement a draw. If I am special needs than this suites you lol http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/new ... potato.jpg

Banned

by mas » 05 Sep 2017, 16:59

I worry about the strange erratic behaviour of Erdogan in Turkey all the time and how wise it will be to sell him F-35s. F-35 vs F-35 might actually happen one day if he ever goes fully rogue.

Banned

by wewuzkangz » 05 Sep 2017, 19:23

mas wrote:I worry about the strange erratic behaviour of Erdogan in Turkey all the time and how wise it will be to sell him F-35s. F-35 vs F-35 might actually happen one day if he ever goes fully rogue.

I would rather say Turkey is a wild card at this point but they are still a part of NATO and have a nice Significant army, nice territory closer to Russia as well. It started with an SU-24 pilot getting shot down, US General Dempsey saying something like Turkey should be booted from NATO because that incident resulted in an S-400 deployment and Russian media showing oil tankers from isis getting blown up on the way to Turkey from their aircraft. Erdogan apologizes later cooperates with Putin than joins putin in a mosque opening in Russia. I believe Russians and the US support the Kurds in syrian war Erdogan has an issue with them.......Heard the S-400 deal is nearby but I dont understand why NATO is worried about an air defense system I mean it was understandable about their on Iran receiving them. But its just an air defense system that Turkey can integrate into NATO's air defense and can be compatible to work along side them. Russia making this deal which is almost complete would be a extremely foolish move unless they have alot of trust in Turkey or sell them sh*t variants of the radars and such. https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... n-missiles Than I have seen Merkel and Schultz having an agreement in a debate of Turkey not joining the EU. Sound like building tensions but Turkey has great resources and a nice military that I am sure NATO would not want to lose. Not selling them air defenses, aircraft than heads of the EU treating them supposedly like sh*t will make them go astray or it was Turkeys fault to begin with because of the Su-24 pilot incident,etc. It would be best if NATO ties with Turkey wont be severed.

Elite 4K
Elite 4K

by wrightwing » 05 Sep 2017, 19:55

white_lightning35 wrote:

So instead of contributing something, you decided to insinuate that armedupdate is mentally handicapped and come up with another conspiracy theory about him, and he's the juvenile one? Interesting.

He's trying to maintain the high quality of threads, that this site has had, historically. He's spot on in his criticism. Juvenile and uninformed nonsense will drive away the pilots, engineers, designers, technicians, maintainers, etc..... that make this page better than any others.

Banned

by wewuzkangz » 05 Sep 2017, 19:58

mas wrote:I worry about the strange erratic behaviour of Erdogan in Turkey all the time and how wise it will be to sell him F-35s. F-35 vs F-35 might actually happen one day if he ever goes fully rogue.

Just to add a little more information that I provided you. It would be wise for NATO to let Turkey receive the air defense and than NATO can do operations such as the israelis have done operation edge in greece against an S-300PMU-1. Therefore NATO can expose weaknesses of the air defense along with supporting their air defenses and still have Turkey as an ally. This is more of a loss for Russia than it is for NATO.

Banned

by wewuzkangz » 05 Sep 2017, 20:10

wrightwing wrote:
white_lightning35 wrote:

He's trying to maintain the high quality of threads, that this site has had, historically. He's spot on in his criticism. Juvenile and uninformed nonsense will drive away the pilots, engineers, designers, technicians, maintainers, etc..... that make this page better than any others.

Hold on a sec there are high quality threads in this forum, where exactly? It sounds more like a how dare you not have the same opinion as me in a topic therefore I am triggered type of thing. I experienced that 1st hand with 10 to 20 responses immediately lol. It reminds me of YT having trending left wing comedy shows mainly insulting a right wing president and when a once a month right wing trending show is featured such as Obama's wife is a tranny topic gets thrown in everyone goes ape sh*t although such a topic is no more as trivial than what a left wing comedy show would bring up......But regardless of comparisons being the same. Please explain how this guy's thread is of low quality when asking a technical question about an F-35s performance?

Location: Home of nuclear submarines, engines, and that's about it.

by white_lightning35 » 05 Sep 2017, 22:37

wrightwing wrote:He's trying to maintain the high quality of threads, that this site has had, historically. He's spot on in his criticism. Juvenile and uninformed nonsense will drive away the pilots, engineers, designers, technicians, maintainers, etc..... that make this page better than any others.

I agree that it's definitely wrong that wewuzkangs is still around. I believe sferrins insult regarding armedupdate was improper. That is all.

Next