Slaughterbots

Sub-scale and Full-Scale Aerial Targets and RPAs - Remotely-Piloted Aircraft
  • Author

popcorn

Elite 5K

Elite 5K

Unread post21 Nov 2017, 00:00

The potential for misuse is scary.

"When a fifth-generation fighter meets a fourth-generation fighter—the [latter] dies,”
CSAF Gen. Mark Welsh

sferrin

Elite 5K

Elite 5K

Unread post21 Nov 2017, 00:12

Clickbait title. Could we get more hysterical? As bad as Doom being called a "murder simulator".
"There I was. . ."

Dragon029

Elite 1K

Elite 1K

Unread post21 Nov 2017, 01:34

There was another similar fictional concept in season 3, episode 6 of the new Black Mirror series, where they had robotic bees to solve the bee colony collapse disorder; a hacker gets involved and while I won't spoil the details, things make a turn for the worse (I recommend watching it and the rest of Black Mirror; for the uninitiated, it's like a spiritual successor to The Twilight Zone, except it's British and orientated around the 21st century and our tech culture).

popcorn

Elite 5K

Elite 5K

Unread post21 Nov 2017, 01:40

There was a video on recent Marine Corps initiatives into new warfighting tech that showed a mini UAV configured with a tiny Claymorre-like explosive device sneaking up behind enemy combatants for a precision kill. The tech will only become more advanced. It will proliferate. I don't think the genie can be put back into the bottle.
Attachments
usmc.PNG
"When a fifth-generation fighter meets a fourth-generation fighter—the [latter] dies,”
CSAF Gen. Mark Welsh

sferrin

Elite 5K

Elite 5K

Unread post21 Nov 2017, 15:17

Dragon029 wrote:There was another similar fictional concept in season 3, episode 6 of the new Black Mirror series, where they had robotic bees to solve the bee colony collapse disorder; a hacker gets involved and while I won't spoil the details, things make a turn for the worse (I recommend watching it and the rest of Black Mirror; for the uninitiated, it's like a spiritual successor to The Twilight Zone, except it's British and orientated around the 21st century and our tech culture).

Awesome series though depressing at times. I can totally see the "ride your bike and watch ads to earn your right to live" type of thing happening.
"There I was. . ."

Return to Drones