F-16 versus X - Ace Combat 6 might be a good way to find out

Falcon 4 and other PC based simulators, homebuilt simulators, Unit Training Devices and Weapons System Trainers
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

by callsignthumper » 08 Nov 2009, 18:13

Here I believe since, there isn't much opportunity besides Ace-Combat 6 to really find out how the F-16 stacks up against certain planes. Here's the opportunity to talk about how you feel about it! :D

Elite 1K
Elite 1K

by Guysmiley » 09 Nov 2009, 15:34

Ace Combat IS the best way to "find out"?

No.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

by runi_dk » 09 Nov 2009, 17:17

Haha, are you serious?

:=)

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

by silversmok3 » 30 Nov 2009, 04:40

Wait, so my Battlefield Vietnam dogfights with F-4s versus MIGs aren't accurate?

Seriously,ace combat is a fun game, but has about as much to do with actual dogfighting as Gran Turismo 4 has with competitive auto racing.I imagine Namco wouldn't sell many copies of Ace Combat if you had to spend 6 months in school learning E-M theory and fuel management to play it!

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

by runi_dk » 30 Nov 2009, 09:43

And if one should pick a flight simulator, why Ace combat 6? Some crappy arcade game where everyone have 100 missiles and can go 15g.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

by callsignthumper » 30 Nov 2009, 23:00

Well, its a fun game, its a online game, there is flaws which irratate me, but i dont want to worry about all the techinal adversities of actual flight, especialy when playing a game. Your flight sim's, are all games, and you can tell yourselves what you want, but your not pulling 9 g's, your pulling 9 buttons. lol Granted all flight sims are fun, and i do appreciate a realistic cockpit, and some buttons, your right i dont have, and dont want to take 9 months just to learn every button, in a exact mock up. I like a balance, of simplicity, and realistic aspects, to make the ultimate dog-fighting simulator, and ace combat 6, offers, a fun, online experiance, which has cheezy, aspects, such as high-g, to many missle, not having the ability, to outfit your plane with your own payload, and has the ability to play novice controls, and lacks a few other aspects, but with more time, is becoming a better flight sim, and the graphics, way better than anything else out there. I hope that ACE combat 7 will come out soon, and provides alot mre realistic flying attributes.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

by banken » 30 Nov 2009, 23:06

Ace Combat isn't a sim. It's an action game with planes.

Unless you think an F-22 can really carry 40 AMRAAMs.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

by callsignthumper » 30 Nov 2009, 23:07

When the next installment of ace combat does come out, hopefully it will even be more, and i hope they do take some of the cheesy japanese crap out of it, but ill still play it. I do however question, why you make fun of a person, for playing a game, just because you prob played it, got owned a few times, and got mad, and quit. Then said to yourselve's " this isnt real, they suck im better than they are", but in all fairness, i understand that alot of you guys on here are pri-madonas, and priss's, and thats cool, its your right, and again i appreciate your impute, and answers to my questions, and the time you take to read, and respond. If you must know why i call most of the guys on here pri-madonas, is simple, you think you, and your idea's, and opinions are better than others. Dont hate the messenger. :thanks:

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

by callsignthumper » 30 Nov 2009, 23:10

Well obviously in your mass knowledge, how fun would it be to play a game, against 8 other players, online for 5,ten, 15, 20 min matchs, and then respon, when you get shot down, and yeah i get it planes on that game take 2 3 4 missles to kill.

by MechFromHell » 30 Nov 2009, 23:27

Comma orgy...

Fun game
Crew Chief
Mountain Home AFB 2000-2005~91-0370
Sheppard AFB 2005-2009~F-16 Instr
Kadena AB 2009-2015
Holloman AFB 2015-Now

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

by banken » 30 Nov 2009, 23:30

callsignthumper wrote:When the next installment of ace combat does come out, hopefully it will even be more, and i hope they do take some of the cheesy japanese crap out of it, but ill still play it. I do however question, why you make fun of a person, for playing a game, just because you prob played it, got owned a few times, and got mad, and quit. Then said to yourselve's " this isnt real, they suck im better than they are", but in all fairness, i understand that alot of you guys on here are pri-madonas, and priss's, and thats cool, its your right, and again i appreciate your impute, and answers to my questions, and the time you take to read, and respond. If you must know why i call most of the guys on here pri-madonas, is simple, you think you, and your idea's, and opinions are better than others. Dont hate the messenger. :thanks:

Huh? I love Ace Combat. And I'm also really, really good at it. But it's still just an action game with planes.

by flighthawk » 01 Dec 2009, 00:14

CA6 isnt bad - but lets face it was never going to be as realistic as 'Afterburner' was - man 'Afterburner' felt just like i was flying an F-14 in Top Gun - you really couldnt get anything more realistic - I defo think you should give it go to see what you are missing.

Elite 1K
Elite 1K

by Guysmiley » 01 Dec 2009, 00:57

Anything on a console with thumbsticks and a D-pad will not ever even approximate a decent flight simulator. Do you know why? Mass market appeal. It's too expensive to develop a detailed, accurate simulation program and pay the licensing and distribution to get it on a console system.

Console games are squarely targeted at the lowest common denominator. It's much, MUCH more cost effective to go after the generic average gamer with the attention span of a gnat. I mean hell, in Modern Warfare 2 (a supposedly "realistic" first-person shooter) an effective setup is to be a super fast ninja who can teleport and instantly kill enemies with a KNIFE. Gimme a break! :D

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

by callsignthumper » 01 Dec 2009, 01:54

LOL so you overpay for what more buttons? LOL Ace cobat 6 also has a flight stick, and thrust stick you can use. Not to mention, the cost of having a good enough computer, to run a top notch flight sim, but at least X-box is LEAPS, AND BOUNDS better for multiplayer, with a game like that. I agree with the fact that its not the most realistic sim, but what do you want? Sounds like you want to be a real fighter pilot, who actualy see's air, to air combat. :lmao: So back to the original post. Is AC6 the best way today, to hone in your dog-fighting skills, without actualy being in a cock-pit simulater, or actual aircraft. :salute:

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

by callsignthumper » 01 Dec 2009, 02:01

You know what, IM callsignTHUMPER, on x-box live, ill be on tonight at 10 pm eastern time, any of you joker's, who have the game, and can play come on, ill gladly kick your booties. Ill even do weapon level two, missles only, and you can fly any aircraft i'll take a PJ- F-16C.

Next