Block 1 cockpit

Discuss technique and post photographs of your work in progress
  • Author
  • Message
Offline

Jester25

Newbie

Newbie

  • Posts: 16
  • Joined: 19 Jun 2005, 21:38

Unread post25 Jun 2005, 07:34

Habu wrote:Ahhhh...so it's lighted I see. Someday....I will do one of these, but mod it and make it either a C or MLU cockpit :D


That will be nice. You`ll need a lot of sanding, an entirely new front panel, new ...and ...(the list is long :) So, when are you starting? :cheers:


Ender_Wiggin wrote:man, its been a while since ive seen the inside of a Block 1 cockpit (was back at Sheppard, about a year ago)


She`s beauty, isn`t she? I have a weakness for earlier blocks.

Regards
Let`s turn and burn!
Offline

Habu

Elite 2K

Elite 2K

  • Posts: 2739
  • Joined: 21 Oct 2003, 05:12

Unread post27 Jun 2005, 21:35

Jester25 wrote:That will be nice. You`ll need a lot of sanding, an entirely new front panel, new ...and ...(the list is long :) So, when are you starting? :cheers:


You ain't kidding! Basically, I'll have a tub shell and a front shroud to start with. The front panel isn't too difficult to do, since it's basically two big MFD's and some ancillary gauges. The side panels will need some modding of course, that will be the PITA part. The UCP for the HUD will need some modding too. The ACES II will need some different color paint, but that's about it. It can be done, it's just a matter of how long....
With all the other stuff I have on the bench right now, it's a looooong way from now.
Do your homework, Tiger!
Offline

falconfixer860261

Forum Veteran

Forum Veteran

  • Posts: 975
  • Joined: 17 May 2005, 15:21

Unread post27 Jun 2005, 21:56

This might help some: http://gra.midco.net/mlgould/Jet%20Figh ... k%2010.JPG

This isn't color but will help with what should be where: http://www.habu2.net/vipers/viperpits/

This might help too: http://www.xflight.de/f16/
Offline

falconfixer860261

Forum Veteran

Forum Veteran

  • Posts: 975
  • Joined: 17 May 2005, 15:21

Unread post27 Jun 2005, 22:03

Jester25 wrote:I`m about to finish my tiny model, however, I still lack info (photos) on the following:

#1 Do NWS and BUC Test buttons have black panels around them?
#2 Are those 3 black things on the secure voice panel dials or buttons?


I'm working from memory here so I may be wrong - but it's what I remember.

#1 Yes
#2 Dials
Offline

Jester25

Newbie

Newbie

  • Posts: 16
  • Joined: 19 Jun 2005, 21:38

Unread post28 Jun 2005, 13:32

falconfixer860261 wrote:I'm working from memory here so I may be wrong - but it's what I remember.

#1 Yes
#2 Dials


Thanks
Let`s turn and burn!
Offline

Jester25

Newbie

Newbie

  • Posts: 16
  • Joined: 19 Jun 2005, 21:38

Unread post28 Jun 2005, 13:34

Habu wrote:You ain't kidding! Basically, I'll have a tub shell and a front shroud to start with. The front panel isn't too difficult to do, since it's basically two big MFD's and some ancillary gauges. The side panels will need some modding of course, that will be the PITA part. The UCP for the HUD will need some modding too. The ACES II will need some different color paint, but that's about it. It can be done, it's just a matter of how long....
With all the other stuff I have on the bench right now, it's a looooong way from now.


Yeah, that`s the problem - so much to do so little time... :)
Let`s turn and burn!
Offline

Jester25

Newbie

Newbie

  • Posts: 16
  • Joined: 19 Jun 2005, 21:38

Unread post05 Aug 2005, 22:00

Well, back to work...
Attachments
rudder.jpg
scope.jpg
fr.jpg
Let`s turn and burn!
Offline

boness

Newbie

Newbie

  • Posts: 19
  • Joined: 06 Sep 2005, 09:31

Unread post28 Sep 2005, 18:09

I did theeir F-104 pit, sweet kit, I like what your doing with this one.

jim
Offline

Jester25

Newbie

Newbie

  • Posts: 16
  • Joined: 19 Jun 2005, 21:38

Unread post29 Nov 2005, 21:51

I'm glad that you like it. Hopefully I'll get round to finishing it up.

Regards :cheers:
Let`s turn and burn!
Offline

Mad_Viper

Enthusiast

Enthusiast

  • Posts: 74
  • Joined: 13 Mar 2004, 16:55
  • Location: The Netherlands

Unread post30 Nov 2005, 13:02

Looking damn fine. Can't wait to see the end result.
Offline

Habu

Elite 2K

Elite 2K

  • Posts: 2739
  • Joined: 21 Oct 2003, 05:12

Unread post28 Feb 2006, 18:37

Any updates?
Do your homework, Tiger!
Offline

Jester25

Newbie

Newbie

  • Posts: 16
  • Joined: 19 Jun 2005, 21:38

Unread post08 Mar 2006, 23:35

I've been busy recently, however...
Attachments
hud.jpg
So, how do like it?
Let`s turn and burn!
Offline

Habu

Elite 2K

Elite 2K

  • Posts: 2739
  • Joined: 21 Oct 2003, 05:12

Unread post09 Mar 2006, 01:05

Ooooh puuurty! Green LED?
Do your homework, Tiger!
Offline

Jester25

Newbie

Newbie

  • Posts: 16
  • Joined: 19 Jun 2005, 21:38

Unread post09 Mar 2006, 22:25

Habu wrote:Ooooh puuurty! Green LED?



Yep! 8) Just had that funny feeling that something was missing, so there it is.
Let`s turn and burn!
Offline

Habu

Elite 2K

Elite 2K

  • Posts: 2739
  • Joined: 21 Oct 2003, 05:12

Unread post09 Mar 2006, 23:34

Now if you could jusr figure out a way to project a HUD image up there, that would rock!
Do your homework, Tiger!
PreviousNext

Return to Work in Progress

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest