Indian Mirage 2000 hits targets in Pakistan

Discuss air warfare, doctrine, air forces, historic campaigns, etc.
  • Author

zero-one

Elite 2K

Elite 2K

Unread post01 Mar 2019, 16:20

Look at the difference in engine sizes. that PW-F100 is gigantic by comparison.
Attachments
20190301_231454.jpg

Patriot

Unread post01 Mar 2019, 16:29

I worked ten years on MiG-21MF/BIS.
This is the augmentor pipe from a Tumansky R-25 engine that powers MiG-21BIS and its indian customization the Bison.

Patriot

Unread post01 Mar 2019, 16:40

One thing yet about the AMRAAM piece showed by Indians.

Does anybody really realise how much of an actual qenuine LUCK is required to stumble upon the piece of missile coming from an object as small as AMRAAM fired in generally random direction over the theritory as remote and vast as Kashmir?
It's another clue that makes me doubtful about the authencity of the amraam case here. Not so long ago Spanish Typhoon accidently fired an AMRAAM due north towards Estonia. It was searched by half of the NATO and never found.

botsing

Forum Veteran

Forum Veteran

Unread post01 Mar 2019, 16:44

Patriot wrote:Not so long ago Spanish Typhoon accidently fired an AMRAAM due north towards Estonia. It was searched by half of the NATO and never found.

I partly agree, though in Estonia the missile was in one piece and might have dug itself into the ground.

It sounds logical that many fragments are a lot more easy to find.
"Those who know don’t talk. Those who talk don’t know"

Patriot

Unread post01 Mar 2019, 17:27

Here's my last post on this topic and a little conspiracy theory/practical reality.

Id rather believe Indians recovered that AMRAAM piece out of their downed Su-30MKI rather than randomly found it in bushes somewhere. The wreckage of Su-30 was quickly surrounded by indian troops and later they burried the crash site to effectively get rid of the evidence.
I wonder also about the scensrio where some indian aircraft was hit by AMRAAM but was able to RTB safely so thats how they get in posesion of that debrie. Both of these posibilities to me are far more likely than random Discovery of a missile part on the dirt.

Pakis know they took down Flanker but want to deny F-16 involvement at all costs. Indisns know they lost a Flanker but wont admit that as this would be too much of a shame to stand. In this curcoimstances any harm that Indians were able to do Pakis was by pushing hard the story of downed F-16 while showing AMRAAM part which in an obvious way undermines Pakis claims that F-16s werent there bacause they were. Now at least Indians exposed Pakis to American anger/sanctions as the Vipers were used offensively against the bilateral agreement. Pakis also wont show any real evidence for Flanker extermination which they easily could because they have to stick to the "F-16 were not used in this operation" hence all the glory went on a Chinise-built Junk Fighter 17. Btw, this spontanous hangar celebration of JF-17 pilots you probably have seen looked staged and fake AF to me :roll:

rockstar139

Unread post01 Mar 2019, 19:35

If this is true, millions dollar AIM-120 was put to a greater task, downing a modern Sukhoi.

Patriot wrote:Here's my last post on this topic and a little conspiracy theory/practical reality.

Id rather believe Indians recovered that AMRAAM piece out of their downed Su-30MKI rather than randomly found it in bushes somewhere. The wreckage of Su-30 was quickly surrounded by indian troops and later they burried the crash site to effectively get rid of the evidence.
I wonder also about the scensrio where some indian aircraft was hit by AMRAAM but was able to RTB safely so thats how they get in posesion of that debrie. Both of these posibilities to me are far more likely than random Discovery of a missile part on the dirt.

Pakis know they took down Flanker but want to deny F-16 involvement at all costs. Indisns know they lost a Flanker but wont admit that as this would be too much of a shame to stand. In this curcoimstances any harm that Indians were able to do Pakis was by pushing hard the story of downed F-16 while showing AMRAAM part which in an obvious way undermines Pakis claims that F-16s werent there bacause they were. Now at least Indians exposed Pakis to American anger/sanctions as the Vipers were used offensively against the bilateral agreement. Pakis also wont show any real evidence for Flanker extermination which they easily could because they have to stick to the "F-16 were not used in this operation" hence all the glory went on a Chinise-built Junk Fighter 17. Btw, this spontanous hangar celebration of JF-17 pilots you probably have seen looked staged and fake AF to me :roll:

Patriot

Unread post01 Mar 2019, 19:56

Surely Su-30 high up in the sky present a much better target than tiny MiG-21 screaming low against the ground. Actually I think one Su-30 could easily carry two MiG-21s, one under each wing as a manned standoff cruise missiles. Ive digressed. :doh:
Additionally the NCTR JEM protocol should tell Pakistani pilot it's a Flanker.

Thanks for attention.

Btw, Look who's here flying in the Su-30 sqn :wink:
https://youtu.be/pxNsYEoOlpI

awsome

Unread post02 Mar 2019, 00:34

Patriot wrote:So far a total number of 0 conclusive evidence to support Indian version of the story particularly about bringing the F-16 down. They should try a bit harder.

Why? If you look beyond national pride the Indians probably have more to gain by playing the victim. What is important is selling the idea that F-16s were involved.

basher54321

Elite 1K

Elite 1K

Unread post02 Mar 2019, 01:12

Managed to find the 19 Feb display crash video.

Eyewitness Briefs About The Scenario Of Surya Kiran Hawks Crash In Yelahank

The Sun it seems has an English subtitled video with the captured Wing Commander. (Who has now been released)

basher54321

Elite 1K

Elite 1K

Unread post02 Mar 2019, 01:22

weasel1962

Elite 1K

Elite 1K

• Warnings: 1

Unread post02 Mar 2019, 01:57

Post-strike analysis by Michael J. Sheldon for the Digital Forensic Lab

http://alert5.com/2019/03/02/operation- ... a-failure/

nefory

Unread post02 Mar 2019, 03:33

https://wnobserver.com/asia/india-to-fa ... an-claims/

According to this article, all Pakistani vipers are well and counted for, and LM is to file a law suit against the Indians for falsely claiming downing any F-16.

durahawk

Forum Veteran

Forum Veteran

Unread post02 Mar 2019, 04:28

nefory wrote:https://wnobserver.com/asia/india-to-face-another-loss-f-16-manufacturer-to-file-law-suit-against-false-indian-claims/

According to this article, all Pakistani vipers are well and counted for, and LM is to file a law suit against the Indians for falsely claiming downing any F-16.

I find this article highly suspect. If we are talking bottom lines, LM would be highly sensitive to doing anything to jepordize their relationship with the F-16's largest potential export customer.

Any guesses on who that is?

nefory

Unread post02 Mar 2019, 05:00

durahawk wrote:
nefory wrote:https://wnobserver.com/asia/india-to-face-another-loss-f-16-manufacturer-to-file-law-suit-against-false-indian-claims/

I find this article highly suspect. If we are talking bottom lines, LM would be highly sensitive to doing anything to jepordize their relationship with the F-16's largest potential export customer.

Any guesses on who that is?

Agree, legitimacy is in doubt.
On the other hand, with India's purchasing power, how many F-16 could they take in, 200 at most?
Not to mention such a deal, if possible, will take decades to full fill.
Comparing that to the damage done over night by defaming F-16 world wide claiming that they just poked one down with a MIG-21.
I think LM is right to be mad, if they are.
But then again, perhaps LM knows that no one is in fact taking India's claim seriously, so no need to overreact.

zero-one

Elite 2K

Elite 2K

Unread post02 Mar 2019, 08:49

Please let me know if I'm getting these things correctly

Confirmed
Mig-21 Shot down
Mi-17 down
AMRAAM used

Claims
F-16 shot down
Su-30 shot down
JF-17 used to shoot down the Mig-21 and Su-30

I guess most will never be publicly confirmed or denied. But international movement on sales will be a nice clue. If interest on F-16s suddenly go up, specially by India, then it could mean they were impressed.

If Flanker interest suddenly flames out...then :wink: :wink:
PreviousNext

Return to Air Power