Page 1 of 11

Russian UAV/UCAV developments

Unread postPosted: 14 Jul 2018, 23:56
by project458
This thread will dedicated to Russia ongoing UAV/UCAV programs,

I will start with the first post

https://www.popularmechanics.com/milita ... this-year/

Re: Russian UAV/UCAV developments

Unread postPosted: 15 Jul 2018, 14:01
by mixelflick
It will be interesting to see how (or if) this progresses. Going to take quite a leap for them to couple a truly VLO airframe and the avionics, weapons etc to make it fly (literally and figuratively). Doubly so, since VLO is an area where PAK FA has fallen down. Also, where's the $ going to come from? It sounds as if the PAK FA has been shelved, or at least no mass production so perhaps they'll save some $ there..

There's a Russian fanboy in another thread who linked to a picture of this "Hunter" and offered it up as proof Russia can really procure stealth aircraft. We shall see, but the onus really is on Russia to deliver. PAK FA was strike one. I suppose this and their planned PAK DA are strike 2 and 3, respectively...

Re: Russian UAV/UCAV developments

Unread postPosted: 15 Jul 2018, 17:35
by zerion
We'll see if it makes it past prototype or not but the Russians haven't had spectacular results of late. The recent deployment of their unmanned tank is a good example.

https://www.armyrecognition.com/july_20 ... syria.html

Re: Russian UAV/UCAV developments

Unread postPosted: 16 Jul 2018, 01:51
by project458
mixelflick wrote:It will be interesting to see how (or if) this progresses. Going to take quite a leap for them to couple a truly VLO airframe and the avionics, weapons etc to make it fly (literally and figuratively). Doubly so, since VLO is an area where PAK FA has fallen down. Also, where's the $ going to come from? It sounds as if the PAK FA has been shelved, or at least no mass production so perhaps they'll save some $ there..

There's a Russian fanboy in another thread who linked to a picture of this "Hunter" and offered it up as proof Russia can really procure stealth aircraft. We shall see, but the onus really is on Russia to deliver. PAK FA was strike one. I suppose this and their planned PAK DA are strike 2 and 3, respectively...



Hmm, I guess your talking about me? :D Out of all those programs PAK DA is done deal, because it only has one possible customer, and its not depended any exports and other factors, all of the Russian heavy bombers Tu-95ms, Tu-22MSM, Tu-160, area ageing designs and will have to replaced starting from 2030 on?


SU-57 is not shelved, the Russian defense ministry is waiting for its final engines Object 30 finish its test which will take 3 years, then the mass orders will start.

Re: Russian UAV/UCAV developments

Unread postPosted: 16 Jul 2018, 19:56
by botsing
project458 wrote:which will take 3 years, then the mass orders will start.

Want to make a bet on this?

BTW, what is "mass orders" for you? Is that like 50 planes?

Re: Russian UAV/UCAV developments

Unread postPosted: 17 Jul 2018, 03:31
by popcorn
Morre Russian robotic awesomeness... Putin is nodding and seems to like it :devil:


Re: Russian UAV/UCAV developments

Unread postPosted: 17 Jul 2018, 15:07
by vilters
While Russia is playing in 3D apps, the Chinese are spraying their crops with drones.

Re: Russian UAV/UCAV developments

Unread postPosted: 17 Jul 2018, 18:30
by botsing
popcorn wrote:Morre Russian robotic awesomeness... Putin is nodding and seems to like it :devil:

Auch, that is embarrassing.

Even Putin is looking like "do we really need to put-in this charade?"

Re: Russian UAV/UCAV developments

Unread postPosted: 17 Jul 2018, 18:39
by project458
vilters wrote:While Russia is playing in 3D apps, the Chinese are spraying their crops with drones.



Hunter is months away from its first flight, but you can keep on thinking other wise.

Re: Russian UAV/UCAV developments

Unread postPosted: 03 Sep 2018, 00:37
by project458

Re: Russian UAV/UCAV developments

Unread postPosted: 03 Sep 2018, 10:46
by krieger22
Meanwhile, the Chinese have exported theirs... and said export operator has already lost one. https://defence-blog.com/news/saudi-ch- ... yemen.html

Re: Russian UAV/UCAV developments

Unread postPosted: 03 Sep 2018, 16:21
by mixelflick
3 years for a brand new engine?

I'll take bets on this. Closer to 10 than 3. And then what? 25 planes? 50? When does the worldwide footprint get established for when it needs to deploy? Weapons separation? New parts of the envelope tested due to new and improved engine?

3 years is a pipe dream for all of this...

Re: Russian UAV/UCAV developments

Unread postPosted: 03 Sep 2018, 22:18
by project458
This thread is about UAV not maned fighters.

Re: Russian UAV/UCAV developments

Unread postPosted: 03 Sep 2018, 22:22
by project458
mixelflick wrote:3 years for a brand new engine?

I'll take bets on this. Closer to 10 than 3. And then what? 25 planes? 50? When does the worldwide footprint get established for when it needs to deploy? Weapons separation? New parts of the envelope tested due to new and improved engine?

3 years is a pipe dream for all of this...




Su-57 has been going through ordnance tests for the last three years, I suggest you catch up before trash talking :wink:

Re: Russian UAV/UCAV developments

Unread postPosted: 04 Sep 2018, 01:06
by Corsair1963
project458 wrote:
mixelflick wrote:3 years for a brand new engine?

I'll take bets on this. Closer to 10 than 3. And then what? 25 planes? 50? When does the worldwide footprint get established for when it needs to deploy? Weapons separation? New parts of the envelope tested due to new and improved engine?

3 years is a pipe dream for all of this...




Su-57 has been going through ordnance tests for the last three years, I suggest you catch up before trash talking :wink:


What about the izdeliye 30???