Whats the Worst Post 1970s ACM platform

Military aircraft - Post cold war aircraft, including for example B-2, Gripen, F-18E/F Super Hornet, Rafale, and Typhoon.
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

by F-16ADF » 27 Feb 2019, 16:16

I think it is best to question both Iran and Iraq's A-A kills during that conflict. Both sides (their leaders/government officials) were/are known for inaccurate or fallacious claims (if not outright lies) concerning that 8 year war. The real truth may never be known.

On a side note, the AWG-9 was great for over water ops. Over land, at times had its share of problems (I believe in look down PD modes). So its effectiveness may have been compromised.

Elite 3K
Elite 3K

by quicksilver » 27 Feb 2019, 16:44

hythelday wrote:Yeah but there is no cheesy movie about F-15 that reminds some geezers about that time they were young way back in the 80.

Don’t worry, you’ll likely have a similarly cheesy TOPGUN 2 to look back upon and remind you of those days before the polar ice caps melted and red meat was still sold legally...

by pmi » 28 Feb 2019, 01:52

Tiger05 wrote:As as sprstdlyscottsmn pointed out, ground crew error was to blame in one instance. I heard the same thing from a former F-14 ordie on another forum.

FWIW don't mistake that for independent verification. The aforementioned other forum appears to be the original source of that claim.

That doesn't mean it is inaccurate but it is something to keep in mind.

Previous