Page 1 of 28

SU-57 deployed to Syria

Unread postPosted: 22 Feb 2018, 04:39
by gc
Seems like the Su-57 is now in Syria. What for I have no clue. To deter USAF F-22As or other non-stealth coalition fighters? I suspect it has something to do with how US airpower smashed a combined Syria-Russia assault on coalition forces recently. The Russians must have felt damn naked when the bombs were falling. Time to hang IRST pods on the F-15, F-16 and F/A-18s. And get the F-35 into theatre to locate and track these Su-57s with their DAS and broadcast their locations to friendly forces.

http://alert5.com/2018/02/22/su-57-deployed-to-syria/

Re: SU-57 deployed to Syria

Unread postPosted: 22 Feb 2018, 05:01
by Corsair1963
gc wrote:Seems like the Su-57 is now in Syria. What for I have no clue. To deter USAF F-22As or other non-stealth coalition fighters? I suspect it has something to do with how US airpower smashed a combined Syria-Russia assault on coalition forces recently. The Russians must have felt damn naked when the bombs were falling. Time to hang IRST pods on the F-15, F-16 and F/A-18s. And get the F-35 into theatre to locate and track these Su-57s with their DAS and broadcast their locations to friendly forces.

http://alert5.com/2018/02/22/su-57-deployed-to-syria/



The US would have never risked F-22's and/or F-35's so early into their development. Nonetheless, Russia is just trying to make the world believe. That it can go head to head with the US. Which, they can't....

So, do I need to remind some members that these aircraft are just early developmental aircraft. Which, are not combat ready or even remotely close to the finished product.

Re: SU-57 deployed to Syria

Unread postPosted: 22 Feb 2018, 06:05
by tsl256
If this is true, it shows that the Russians are getting desperate, they are behind the U.S and even China in the 5th gen race. It is rediculous that they would deploy a prototype that has not even demonstrated the capability to fire a missile or drop a bomb. Imagine if the U.S. deployed the YF-22 to perform combat missions before it even tested any weapons. This is all just propaganda. If they do fly it around Syria, the F-22s flying nearby would pick up a treasure trove of information on it. We will see just how "stealthy" it really is.

Re: SU-57 deployed to Syria

Unread postPosted: 22 Feb 2018, 06:47
by beepa
Probably a silly question but...I haven't seen any Luneburg Lens type projections on the Su57.....So, what are they using for signature enhancement?? Or is their stealth so poor they don't require such devices?

Re: SU-57 deployed to Syria

Unread postPosted: 22 Feb 2018, 07:01
by SpudmanWP
You only need those on VLO airframes... :roll:

Re: SU-57 deployed to Syria

Unread postPosted: 22 Feb 2018, 07:03
by Corsair1963
Honestly, this could really backfire on Russia. As what happens if USAF F-22's or Israeli F-35's would sneak up on the Su-57's undetected??? Which, could easily happen....

Re: SU-57 deployed to Syria

Unread postPosted: 22 Feb 2018, 08:42
by popcorn
Maybe they're hoping to impress the Indians? :devil:

Re: SU-57 deployed to Syria

Unread postPosted: 22 Feb 2018, 08:51
by nutshell
They want to pull some PR stunt to bait a foreign country to join the PAK program.

Get ready for some BS fake news on RT and on Sputnik.

Re: SU-57 deployed to Syria

Unread postPosted: 22 Feb 2018, 09:37
by milosh
beepa wrote:Probably a silly question but...I haven't seen any Luneburg Lens type projections on the Su57.....So, what are they using for signature enhancement?? Or is their stealth so poor they don't require such devices?

tsl256 wrote:If they do fly it around Syria, the F-22s flying nearby would pick up a treasure trove of information on it. We will see just how "stealthy" it really is.

Those Su-57 are far from finished product, they loal nozzle nor they have radar blocker and probable not even RAM.

Re: SU-57 deployed to Syria

Unread postPosted: 22 Feb 2018, 12:59
by marsavian
Probably going to be used as ISR forward controllers the way F-22 generally is. These prototypes are still AESA equipped ? I am pretty sure that Gates and McCain assured us all that F-22 was a cold war relic not needed in modern times, how foolish they both look ! Anyway good chance to check out its sensors and system performance ... for both sides.

Re: SU-57 deployed to Syria

Unread postPosted: 22 Feb 2018, 13:16
by ricnunes
Agree, this is nothing more than a Propaganda Stunt by Russia...

Re: SU-57 deployed to Syria

Unread postPosted: 22 Feb 2018, 15:08
by smitty14
100% propaganda. Will give western radars and other sensors the opportunity to see how stealthy that thing really is (assuming they actually operate it). Probably would've been wise to leave it on the bench. On the other hand, it can't go worse than than the deployment of the Admiral Kuznetsov... or can it?

Re: SU-57 deployed to Syria

Unread postPosted: 22 Feb 2018, 15:41
by quicksilver
Complete fabrication that many will run with. And, of course there are other planted trolls around the internet who will ‘confirm’ it from ‘sources’, and that will be re-reported and thus the story will be ‘verified by many sources.’ :roll:

What in the video confirms that an SU-57 was deployed to Syria?

Re: SU-57 deployed to Syria

Unread postPosted: 22 Feb 2018, 15:51
by icemaverick
All we see at that source is a video of a couple of PAK FAs flying by. It could have been shot anywhere. Are we supposed to know that it’s Syria from the trees?

Re: SU-57 deployed to Syria

Unread postPosted: 22 Feb 2018, 16:05
by milosh
Maybe they want US to send F-35? So they can up close messure its RCS and IR signature? They probable play on media card which would hyped Su-57 and criticized F-35. US journalists really like to piss on F-35.