SU-57: On hold for a decade

Military aircraft - Post cold war aircraft, including for example B-2, Gripen, F-18E/F Super Hornet, Rafale, and Typhoon.
Banned

by project458 » 08 Dec 2017, 01:35

nutshell wrote:9 protoypes in 7 years...

AMAZING I SWEAR.

Sorry, we don't do concurrency, where we build hundreds of aircraft before the Aircraft hits IOC, then those said aircraft turn out to be useless.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/militar ... or-combat/

XanderCrews wrote:
Corsair1963 wrote:
charlielima223 wrote:I remember when the PAKFA came out, it was on everyone's radar (no pun intended). It every interwebs commentator and "analyst" propped it up as the next deadliest thing to the F-22. Now as time has passed, (to me) it looks like a tiger with no fangs or claws... especially when you compare how much more advanced the F-22 and F-35 are now and how much more they will be in the foreseeable future.

I agree as time goes by fewer and fewer seem concern about the Su-57???

Engine is still years away. When you build only 9 prototypes and still lose one to a fire. India which is the biggest partner says things about it that make F-35 critics blush

Engine is already in flight testing, and speaking about fires

https://theaviationist.com/2015/06/06/f ... re-images/
Last edited by project458 on 08 Dec 2017, 09:14, edited 1 time in total.

Location: Home of nuclear submarines, engines, and that's about it.

by white_lightning35 » 08 Dec 2017, 01:45

How I imagine this discussion going.
Attachments
1512693791561376849691.jpg
1512693791561376849691.jpg (68.29 KiB) Viewed 36310 times

Location: Home of nuclear submarines, engines, and that's about it.

by white_lightning35 » 08 Dec 2017, 02:32

Hmmm...So you edited out the part of your post where you said Russia planes hit IOC after hundreds have been built, and then replaced that statement with "the PAK fa is going IOC next year". With ten whole planes!

The pak fa seems to me to be an effort to make a dying country seem relevant. They make incremental changes out to be game-changers, and that the whole world will tremble before their "fifth-gen air plane". Putin, being a very bold leader, seems to have made some Russians think that they are now back in the old days, taking on the evil Yankees. The world, however, changes. The russians come out with a new mighty engine for the pak fa, the US is bringing up the ADVENT engine. They claim their airplane flies higher and faster, which it very much could, but that does not mean as much as it did. A paradigm shift is what is needed, and that is what the f-35 brings. Battles are not fought like they once were, and you either adapt or die. The russians aren't seeming to get that with respect to their air force.

The Cold War proved that you need to have not only a well-funded military, which Rossiya doesn't really have, but also a reasonably wealthy populace, which Rossiya certainly doesn't have. It is no longer the top "bad guy" on the world stage. That would be China. Some people think the US occupies that spot, but I don't give a s##t what they think, because they're morons if they really can't see the difference in ideals between the US and China/Rossiya.

This post was reasonably off-topic, which I apologize for, but it was mainly directed at the russia stronkists out there.

Elite 5K
Elite 5K

by XanderCrews » 08 Dec 2017, 03:00

project458 wrote:
Yes that would be 2002 thats when the PAK FA program began.

So you were dead Wrong? That Didn't take long.

Thought you were going to tell us the real deal. All these silly F-16.net folks are already catching you on your lies
Choose Crews

Elite 5K
Elite 5K

by XanderCrews » 08 Dec 2017, 03:20

white_lightning35 wrote:Hmmm...So you edited out the part of your post where you said Russia planes hit IOC after hundreds have been built, and then replaced that statement with "the PAK fa is going IOC next year". With ten whole planes!

I'm curious about that too. Wouldn't fit any western definition of IOC
Choose Crews

Banned

by project458 » 08 Dec 2017, 09:32

XanderCrews wrote:
project458 wrote:
Yes that would be 2002 thats when the PAK FA program began.

So you were dead Wrong? That Didn't take long.

The first flight was 7 Years 10 Months 9 Days, ago is that exact enough LOL ? and speaking about being " dead wrong " how about I mention every dead wrong post that you made in this thread and then debunk them with sources instead of responding with childish memes ?

Accept the challenge ?

Thought you were going to tell us the real deal. All these silly F-16.net folks are already catching you on your lies

Well considering how some guy in this thread said that Russia will be flying with Chinese Stealth fighters in a few years, " the word "Silly " would be dead on.

Elite 2K
Elite 2K

by milosh » 08 Dec 2017, 12:20

@white_lightning35

Top bad country in world doesn't have nothing with ideals but with what that country do to other countries.
Last edited by milosh on 08 Dec 2017, 17:53, edited 1 time in total.

Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

by mk82 » 08 Dec 2017, 15:14

Project 458/Commissar of the Glorious People’s Republic of Bullpucky: SU 57 is going to IOC in 2018

SU 57 going to IOC in 2018!!?? Hahahahaha......hohohohho......hahahahahaha......with just 10 prototypes.........hohohohoho......pull the other one! Funny how the SU 57’s IOC is getting later and later......Lay off that homemade Vodka Tovarisch and drink some Stolichnaya. Join the winning team.....and stop posting propaganda b*llshit.

Or just keep doing that Hapok dancing Tovarisch......

Elite 5K
Elite 5K

by mixelflick » 08 Dec 2017, 15:40

SU-57 IOC next year? That's rich..

So in a year's time or less, they're going to have that engine perfected, crews trained to fly and maintain it, a logistical support network, all kinds of weapons tested, tactics developed, integrated with "4++" gen Flankers, AWACS, certify it for aerial refueling, fund it and all the front line units to support it?

Um, did you miss the part about only building 12 and pushing things back to 2027?

http://warisboring.com/russia-is-haltin ... -a-decade/

I suppose the carrier based variant will be flying off decks in 2018 too??

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

by zaltys » 08 Dec 2017, 18:02

There is information from "insiders" that 6 operational pilots are trained on Su-57 and first 2 serial production aircraft will be transferred to RuAF in May 2018. Sure, they won't be in advertised configuration, IMO.

Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

by durahawk » 08 Dec 2017, 18:02

project458 wrote:Well considering how some guy in this thread said that Russia will be flying with Chinese Stealth fighters in a few years, " the word "Silly " would be dead on.

I said "25 odd years" to be exact, and "wouldn't be surprised" which is distinct from a forgone conclusion. But continue spreading your misinformation.

Elite 2K
Elite 2K

by milosh » 08 Dec 2017, 18:40

mixelflick wrote:Um, did you miss the part about only building 12 and pushing things back to 2027?

http://warisboring.com/russia-is-haltin ... -a-decade/

That text used this memo:
http://www.ponarseurasia.org/memo/russi ... -2018-2027

which used this text for that 2027 estimate:
http://nationalinterest.org/blog/the-bu ... aste-21736

and if you read that original text you will not see nothing about 2027 :doh:

all there is what is already known, smaller number of serial Su-57 will be made, they will have 117 engines to start IOC procedure. And of course IOC is expected to end in early 2020 when new engine is also fully developed.

Elite 5K
Elite 5K

by XanderCrews » 08 Dec 2017, 23:40

project458 wrote:

The first flight was 7 Years 10 Months 9 Days, ago is that exact enough LOL ?

No. Because you are failing to take into account the construction time for the first prototype when doing the math on how many prototypes have been constructed So again you are wrong and inaccurate. You are then using that inaccurate remark as "proof" when it's not true in the first place.

7 years and 9th prototypes later and with 10th and 11th a few months away

Thus you are dead wrong in your assertion and measurement of the programs progress by your own parameters.

It's closet to about 11 years producing 9 prototypes and not one with production representative engines yet, which is odd as you are also telling us the test fleet will be IOC?

and speaking about being " dead wrong " how about I mention every dead wrong post that you made in this thread and then debunk them with sources instead of responding with childish memes ?

Accept the challenge ?

By all means, bur Fact check yourself first, your credibility is next to nothing so far.

Well considering how some guy in this thread said that Russia will be flying with Chinese Stealth fighters in a few years, " the word "Silly " would be dead on.

Silly like forgetting basic timelines?

Protip: if you're going to be the authority on factual information you may want to use facts and be informed.

So far I see nothing but a nationalist fanboy with zero background in avaition but a mastery of propoganda and personal attacks.

You won't last long here
Choose Crews

Elite 5K
Elite 5K

by Corsair1963 » 11 Dec 2017, 04:30

project458 wrote:

How many Su-57's at well over $100 Million do you think Russia can afford by 2030??? :shock:

Also, Fighter-Bombers (i.e. Strike Fighters) have been at the core of Tactical Military Aviation since WWII. So, you think Russia can live without such a type???

Elite 5K
Elite 5K

by Corsair1963 » 11 Dec 2017, 04:36

zaltys wrote:There is information from "insiders" that 6 operational pilots are trained on Su-57 and first 2 serial production aircraft will be transferred to RuAF in May 2018. Sure, they won't be in advertised configuration, IMO.

Russia is just doing the usual "spin". :shock: Those pilots are "Test Pilots" and those aircraft are "Preproduction".....

PreviousNext