SU-57: On hold for a decade

Military aircraft - Post cold war aircraft, including for example B-2, Gripen, F-18E/F Super Hornet, Rafale, and Typhoon.
  • Author

firebase99

Enthusiast

Enthusiast

Unread post28 Aug 2018, 03:50

Ruskies are playing this very smart. With so few of these Raptor Killers built, even fewer flying, the odds of one getting a Slammer or two in the snot locker are greatly diminished. Well played indeed.

Corsair1963

Elite 3K

Elite 3K

Unread post28 Aug 2018, 06:30

The US has already produced over 300 F-35's and that number is rapidly climbing. So, Putin is going to have to get on the stick very soon or Russia is going to be left in the dust...... :wink:

Which, will become so obvious that even Sputnik and RT won't be able to spin that one! :shock:

Corsair1963

Elite 3K

Elite 3K

Unread post28 Aug 2018, 08:32

This should put things into perspective..........

QUOTE: The map above shows the size of the Russian Economy (GDP) relative to Western European countries at nominal exchange rates.

On this basis the Russia economy is worth $1.4 trillion, making it the 12th largest in the world. Roughly equivalent to the GDPs of the Netherlands ($824 billion), Belgium ($492 billion) and Luxembourg ($64 billion) combined.

Yet, these 3 countries have a combined population of only 29 million compared to Russia’s 145 million.

https://merchantmachine.co.uk/russian-i ... rn-europe/

zero-one

Elite 1K

Elite 1K

Unread post28 Aug 2018, 11:44

Corsair1963 wrote:
Yet, these 3 countries have a combined population of only 29 million compared to Russia’s 145 million.

https://merchantmachine.co.uk/russian-i ... rn-europe/

I noticed that this was also written:

However, nominal GDP is not always the best measure of these things, as it values the economy based on the exchange rate with the US dollar, rather than what you can actually buy in local currency.

Therefore, a better measure is to use purchasing power parity (PPP). On this basis, Russia looks much better with an economy of $4 trillion, making it the 6th largest in the world.

This is far larger than the combined PPP GDPs of the Netherlands ($908 billion), Belgium ($529 billion) and Luxembourg ($64 billion), which don’t really change that much.

The way I undersand it is, nominal GDP is better used to measure your country's ability to buy from other countries
While PPP is a better to measure your country's ability to buy your own products.

Since Russia's armed forces are heavily self reliant. GDP (PPP) would be a more accurate barometer of their true financial capabilities.

madrat

Elite 1K

Elite 1K

Unread post28 Aug 2018, 11:54

F-35 will have difficulty ever downing an Su-57. There simply are too few of them to mathematically suggest they'd ever meet in the air.

botsing

Forum Veteran

Forum Veteran

Unread post28 Aug 2018, 15:36

zero-one wrote:The way I undersand it is, nominal GDP is better used to measure your country's ability to buy from other countries
While PPP is a better to measure your country's ability to buy your own products.

Since Russia's armed forces are heavily self reliant. GDP (PPP) would be a more accurate barometer of their true financial capabilities.

What I think is interesting is a comparison with cars.

There is little difference between the pricing of their popular Russian build Lada cars and foreign cars of the same class. So apparently to have any chance of competition versus foreign cars they need an investment big enough that their cars end up in the same price range.

I highly doubt this will be different for Su-57 where R&D will be even more expensive since they cannot buy competitive "off the shelf" technology from foreign countries like they do for their cars.

With this in mind it might actually be cheaper for the Benelux (Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg) to develop a new fighter than Russia. I guess we need to ask Fokker to build a new plane. :mrgreen:
"Those who know don’t talk. Those who talk don’t know"

mixelflick

Elite 2K

Elite 2K

Unread post28 Aug 2018, 20:25

charlielima223 wrote:Propaganda... not so much at its finest but they definitely try and play up the PAKFA in a few bits...

It's "completely invisible to foreign radar systems...".

Who knew? :mrgreen:

She's awful pretty though, with sparkling eyes, flawless skin and long legs. So much so, you almost forget every word coming out of the pilots/company's lips is utter BS. And 15 total aircraft, not all of which are flyable? No problem comrade, have another shot of vodka...

vilters

Forum Veteran

Forum Veteran

Unread post28 Aug 2018, 21:22

See?

Put a fine woman in the picture.
All eyes turning to the lady. :devil:

And PAK FA becomes completely stealthy.

Stealth is easy, why did we take so long? :D

It's all about trick the eyes anyway. LOL.

elvis1

Enthusiast

Enthusiast

Unread post29 Aug 2018, 04:43

I watched it three times before I even realized there were subtitles. . . . . or jets in the background for that matter.

element1loop

Forum Veteran

Forum Veteran

Unread post29 Aug 2018, 05:07

madrat wrote:F-35 will have difficulty ever downing an Su-57. There simply are too few of them to mathematically suggest they'd ever meet in the air.

:lmao: :notworthy:
Accel + Alt + VLO + DAS + MDF + Radial-Dist = LIFE

mixelflick

Elite 2K

Elite 2K

Unread post31 Aug 2018, 15:24

elvis1 wrote:I watched it three times before I even realized there were subtitles. . . . . or jets in the background for that matter.

LOL

Brilliant strategy for SU-57: Highlight pretty ladies, SU-57 becomes stealthy. 5 stars for creativity. Since they're so focused on getting to the merge though, I'd like to suggest one better: Topless Female Pilots.

No F-15, 16, 18, 22, 35 driver can resist staring at a nice, perky pair. Comrade bOObs simply selects an Archer or two, and presto - SU-57 prevails. They'll simply use our "situational awareness" against us... :mrgreen:

nutshell

Unread post12 Sep 2018, 23:35

Send a handful of these girls in every AF base and russiam air superiority is achieved.

Sign me up for the loosing side

weasel1962

Forum Veteran

Forum Veteran

Unread post13 Sep 2018, 02:59

That's a sneaky way to bring fighters into WVR. Hi-res sniper pods (or female pilots/eunuchs) to counter.
Previous

Return to Modern Military Aircraft