T-50 News Thread 2

Military aircraft - Post cold war aircraft, including for example B-2, Gripen, F-18E/F Super Hornet, Rafale, and Typhoon.
  • Author

arian

Elite 1K

Elite 1K

Unread post09 Aug 2017, 20:52

terrygedran wrote:
archangel117 wrote:
terrygedran wrote:Radio absorbing materials

Can you provide the actual source with images for more context please?

I have many question about the graph and it's credibility. Especially given how it appears to manipulate the range of the T-50's rear RCS. Even then the T-50 having similar RCS to the F-22 & F-35 in the rear aspect goes against every other source out there.

At the rear of the aircraft little can be done to reduce RCS and F-35/T-50 in same league.

https://link.springer.com/article/10.11 ... 1217030078

http://earchive.tpu.ru/bitstream/11683/ ... 012086.pdf

Ferrite Domen

Wait...so explain to me in detail now how exactly giving links to two papers in Russian journals, one of which has absolutely nothing to do with anything, and in any case neither providing any relevance or link to the claims or images you made...supports anything you're saying here?

I await your highly detailed and thorough answer.

garrya

Unread post10 Aug 2017, 05:38

arian wrote:Wait...so explain to me in detail now how exactly giving links to two papers in Russian journals, one of which has absolutely nothing to do with anything, and in any case neither providing any relevance or link to the claims or images you made...supports anything you're saying here?

I don't think he understood those papers, he only giving them because that probably the first thing that came up when he search radar absorbing material and he thought citing scientific papers with many words will make him looks smart

botsing

Forum Veteran

Forum Veteran

Unread post10 Aug 2017, 11:05

garrya wrote:
arian wrote:Wait...so explain to me in detail now how exactly giving links to two papers in Russian journals, one of which has absolutely nothing to do with anything, and in any case neither providing any relevance or link to the claims or images you made...supports anything you're saying here?

I don't think he understood those papers, he only giving them because that probably the first thing that came up when he search radar absorbing material and he thought citing scientific papers with many words will make him looks smart

I don't think he cares at all about those papers.

He is not here to have a valid discussion, he is here to post disinformation. With enough disinformation posted, it will cause so much confusion that it will lower F-16.net's credibility as a reliable source.

Currently we see a rapid incline of new accounts that:
* Clearly do not speak native English.
* Post a lot of RUSSIA STRONK crap without backing it up.
* Disregard any evidence we show them and only use that to post more of the same RUSSIAN STRONK crap over and over again.

These new accounts all jump into the same troll threads or start new troll threads with the same RUSSIAN STRONK disinformation crap. You cannot have a valid discussion with them since they are not interested in the truth, they are interested in obfuscating it.

If these accounts are not removed from this forum, this site will turn into a Youtube-like shout match where reliable information is hard to find. It will also alienate viable members due to the constant rebuttals needed and the declining personal atmosphere.
"Those who know don’t talk. Those who talk don’t know"

popcorn

Elite 3K

Elite 3K

Unread post10 Aug 2017, 11:46

US elections are over, trolls have to keep busy until mid-terms next year :devil:
"When a fifth-generation fighter meets a fourth-generation fighter—the [latter] dies,”
CSAF Gen. Mark Welsh

viper12

Unread post10 Aug 2017, 13:36

botsing wrote:If these accounts are not removed from this forum, this site will turn into a Youtube-like shout match where reliable information is hard to find. It will also alienate viable members due to the constant rebuttals needed and the declining personal atmosphere.

That's why I think we should all use the report button whenever we spot one of these trolls.

botsing

Forum Veteran

Forum Veteran

Unread post10 Aug 2017, 16:21

viper12 wrote:
botsing wrote:If these accounts are not removed from this forum, this site will turn into a Youtube-like shout match where reliable information is hard to find. It will also alienate viable members due to the constant rebuttals needed and the declining personal atmosphere.

That's why I think we should all use the report button whenever we spot one of these trolls.

I totally agree!

I was pleasantly surprised when quite a few of the troll posts were already reported. Let's hope the admins will take action soon so we can discuss real matters again instead of feeding these trolls.
"Those who know don’t talk. Those who talk don’t know"

Dragon029

Elite 1K

Elite 1K

Unread post11 Aug 2017, 14:14

http://tass.com/defense/960000

Confirmation from the RuAF Chief that it's going to be named the Su-57.

viper12

Unread post11 Aug 2017, 14:36

botsing wrote:I was pleasantly surprised when quite a few of the troll posts were already reported.

It was quite likely me. :devil:

arian

Elite 1K

Elite 1K

Unread post12 Aug 2017, 23:19

talkitron wrote:
arian wrote:So it's kind of silly to take all of European Russia and say "hey they have a lot of tanks!". No s**t. That's basically the entire army.

I've read Mark Galleotti's The Modern Russian Army 1992-2016. While hardly the most detailed source, I am pretty sure these two units highlighted in the NYTimes article are not the entire Western Military District ground forces. They may be the most elite units.

Greece and Turkey operate many tanks relative to their populations compared to other NATO countries because, in part, of their conscript armies.

Actually the units on that NYT map are the entirety of the Russian forces positioned West of the Urals, comprising the Leningrad, Moscow, North Caucasus and Ural military districts. Their locations on the map are also not correct at all: they are all generally in European Russia but not in the locations shown. 2nd Army for example is West of the Don between Samara and Yekaterinburg for example (so not even in the map area displayed). In any case, this is the vast majority of the Russian army and its tank strength. There's only 1 tank brigade in the East, for example, near the Mongolian border.

Those specific "two units" discussed in the NYT article comprise virtually the entirety of the Moscow and Leningrad military districts.

nutshell

Unread post21 Aug 2017, 00:37

Well, hard to argue about the Su57 nozzles considering the bird is still far from receiving its dedicated engine.

Given, it actually survives 'till that day.

Maintain and update 5th gens is a bloodbath, never ending bleeding of money to keep your flagship ahead of the curve.

Naahh who am i kidding, it will never survive :roll:

babybat{}.net

Unread post10 Sep 2017, 23:03

New T-50 prototype in the Zhukovsky. 511. Sep 10, 2017.
Interesting paint scheme.

white_lightning35

Unread post11 Sep 2017, 00:54

I'm trying to find a way to fit in a joke involving the Admiral Kuznetsov, the smoke in the background, and russian equipment, but I can't.

babybat{}.net

Unread post11 Sep 2017, 01:18

white_lightning35 wrote:I'm trying to find a way to fit in a joke involving the Admiral Kuznetsov, the smoke in the background, and russian equipment, but I can't.

offtop:
In Russia there is a joke: The color of the smoke from Admiral Kuznetsov indicates to the people the results of US presidential elections.

rheonomic

Unread post11 Sep 2017, 01:32

white_lightning35 wrote:I'm trying to find a way to fit in a joke involving the Admiral Kuznetsov, the smoke in the background, and russian equipment, but I can't.

Not enough smoke...

u = (CB)⁻¹(cvdt_des - CAx)

white_lightning35

Unread post11 Sep 2017, 04:30

xaxaxa, will confuse imperialist yankee missiles. All part of mighty stronk Russian plan!
PreviousNext

Return to Modern Military Aircraft