T-X Thread

Military aircraft - Post cold war aircraft, including for example B-2, Gripen, F-18E/F Super Hornet, Rafale, and Typhoon.
Banned

by airforces_freak » 23 Dec 2016, 02:18

smsgtmac wrote:This competition will heat up nicely. I see all the candidates except for the SNC-TAI FrankenScorpion as viable right now. If I had to rank order the rest, I couldn't, Too many unknowns about the planes, and the requirements.

I don't even understand why SNC would select Turkish Aerospace Industries as a partner when US-Turkish relations are at an all time low. Stupid move. They would have had more prospects of success if they went in alone. Or is it a strategic move to pitch the Turkish Air Force the T-X Freedom Fighter for Turkey's Jet trainer program?

Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

by zerion » 23 Dec 2016, 03:03

Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

by durahawk » 23 Dec 2016, 04:50

airforces_freak wrote:I don't even understand why SNC would select Turkish Aerospace Industries as a partner when US-Turkish relations are at an all time low. Stupid move. They would have had more prospects of success if they went in alone. Or is it a strategic move to pitch the Turkish Air Force the T-X Freedom Fighter for Turkey's Jet trainer program?

Sometimes I think you get caught between loving Turkey and hating the United States.

Tough place to be bro.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

by jakobs » 23 Dec 2016, 16:25

airforces_freak wrote:They would have had more prospects of success if they went in alone.

Up against Lockheed, NG and Boeing they have absolutely zero chance of success. I don't know why they even bother, it must be something else behind it.

Banned

by airforces_freak » 24 Dec 2016, 00:37

jakobs wrote:
airforces_freak wrote:They would have had more prospects of success if they went in alone.

Up against Lockheed, NG and Boeing they have absolutely zero chance of success. I don't know why they even bother, it must be something else behind it.

SNC won against the big boys in the Dream Chaser Space System Tender.

Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

by nutshell » 24 Dec 2016, 02:33

airforces_freak wrote:
Nah I am just pissed off that a pefectly functioning alliance was thrown away by incompetent Obama.

Guess who menaced to retaliate against an ally because his son was under investigation because of money laundering; jesus a simple investigation..

airforces_freak wrote:
I love the American people and the US

Suuuuure. :lol:

Banned

by arian » 24 Dec 2016, 05:15

Why do you people keep engaging this idiot troll who turns every thread into an idiotic Turkish politics thread?

Just ignore the idiot troll.

Elite 1K
Elite 1K

by vilters » 24 Dec 2016, 14:11

First of all, the TX looks like a good plane.

Second, what airforces freak is saying is that/
Erdolan is a dictator, and his son a criminal, both protected by a rotten International diplomats protection system that should have been abandoned years ago.

PS : and as another example from about 2 years ago :

In "a West country" , about half of the stolen PC's and Smart Phones ended up in "East or North African country" ambassadors houses. => Protected property, No way to continue the investigations. => And from there? They vaporised.

They had to change their "hobby" because most of these have tracking devices these days. (That's how we found out)

That whole "ambassador" system is rotten to the bone, invented to protect High Level International criminals..

But?
So far, I like what has been shown from the TX.

Banned

by airforces_freak » 25 Dec 2016, 02:58

Considering that the T-38 Talon's have 2 engines, is it more likely than not that the US Air Force would opt for a twin engine Jet trainer for the T-X program? What would be the advantages and disadvantages of a twin engined trainer as compared to a single engined trainer?

AFAIK, only the Raytheon/Alenia Aermacchi T-100 and the Sierra Nevada/TAI Freedom Trainer offer Twin engines.

Elite 5K
Elite 5K

by XanderCrews » 25 Dec 2016, 06:50

tincansailor wrote:
Jr reminds me of the South African villain in the first "lethal Weapon" movie. After the big shoot out at the end he holds up his pp and shouts "Diplomatic Immunity" just before Mel Gibson shoots him in the head.

It's Danny glover that shoots him. Might as well talk about that since air forces freak has utterly derailed yet another thread
Choose Crews

Elite 5K
Elite 5K

by XanderCrews » 25 Dec 2016, 15:14

airforces_freak wrote:Just recall the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria and the events that followed this incident.

Just recall the thread is about T-X

You ruin every thread you touch. You are a cancer to this forum
Choose Crews

Banned

by airforces_freak » 26 Dec 2016, 00:31

XanderCrews wrote:
airforces_freak wrote:Just recall the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria and the events that followed this incident.

Just recall the thread is about T-X

You ruin every thread you touch. You are a cancer to this forum

No. I just responded to a comment on this thread. So others have a right to go off-topic but I can't respond?

nutshell wrote:
airforces_freak wrote:
Nah I am just pissed off that a pefectly functioning alliance was thrown away by incompetent Obama.

Guess who menaced to retaliate against an ally because his son was under investigation because of money laundering; jesus a simple investigation..

airforces_freak wrote:
I love the American people and the US

Suuuuure. :lol:

Elite 5K
Elite 5K

by XanderCrews » 26 Dec 2016, 03:08

airforces_freak wrote:
No. I just responded to a comment on this thread. So others have a right to go off-topic but I can't respond?

Yes. It's always you. You are the common denominator in all these threads going over the rails. You steer every topic back to Turkey and the same tired garbage.

If the mods don't get on the ball this forum is going to become Intolerable
Choose Crews

Banned

by arian » 27 Dec 2016, 00:37

How is this tiresome psychopath not banned?

Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

by botsing » 28 Dec 2016, 14:09

airforces_freak wrote:
arian wrote:How is this tiresome psychopath not banned?

You and your mates should try harder.

Do you think the Webmaster does not see who is derailing all these threads? I am merely responding to off-topic comments made by you and your ilk on my posts.

Then how come that all derailing threads involve you?

It might not be clear to you, but you have tendency to post "news reports" that contain almost no newsworthy content and a lot of political rhetoric. For you that might be your normal way to digest "news", but for other people here it just reeks like propaganda (which is essentially is) and that results in a lot of irritation.

You call it "responding to off-topic comments" but in reality you are just using that as an excuse to post even more political infested rhetorics without any fact checking, and then you present those as "facts" and "rebuttal" to us. If you do not do this intentionally then I am afraid that you have Dunning–Kruger effect.
"Those who know don’t talk. Those who talk don’t know"

PreviousNext