Funny article: 5th grader's perspective of a fighter pilot

The F-16.net watering hole - this is the place the place to exchange stories, favourite aviation bar locations and military-grade cocktail recipies!

by goatmilk » 29 Mar 2005, 08:44

Whats up everyone. I turned on my computer today to find my background image had been changed to a very funny article. Apparently, my girlfriend found this article on the web and wanted to surprise me with it LOL Thought it was hilarious and wanted to share it with you guys. It seems to be an article printed back in 1971. I typed the words out just in case you can't read it from the attached image (taken from f-111.net) Enjoy! :mrgreen:

I WANT TO BE AN AIR FORCE PILOT

I want to be an Air Force Pilot when I grow up because it's fun and easy to do. Pilots don't need much school, they just have to learn numbers so they can read maps, so they can find their way if they are lost. Pilots should be brave so they won't be scared if it's foggy and they can't see a wing or motor fall off. They should stay calm so they'll know what to do. Pilots have to have good eyes so they can see through clouds and they can't be afraid of lightning or thunder because they are closer to them than we are. The salary pilots make is another thing I like. They make more money than they can spend. This is because most people think airplane flying is dangerous except pilots don't because they know how easy it is. There isn't much I don't like except girls like pilots and all the stewardesses want to marry them so they always have to chase them away, so they won't bother them. I hope I don't get airsick because if I do, I couldn't be a pilot and would have to go to work.

A FIFTH GRADER
"THE INTERCEPTOR" - October 1971
Courtesy of Diamond Printing, Las vegas, Nevada, 1978

Elite 3K
Elite 3K

by parrothead » 29 Mar 2005, 18:31

That's great :lmao: !!! Thanks for sharing it :D !
No plane on Sunday, maybe be one come Monday...
www.parrotheadjeff.com

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

by Timmer » 29 Mar 2005, 18:48

*Gzz , this cracks me up * :D
This is hilarious! :D
+ Belgian Air Cadet : Prom '02
// The Sky Is My Home

by trailmix » 29 Mar 2005, 20:19

1971?! I said that last month in the UPT selection board! You think it hurt my chances??

:lol:

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

by Titleist » 01 Apr 2005, 16:22

Sounds like it hits all the necessary requirements. And it nails the part about girls. We just didn't have this info at our fingertips...

Great!

by Lisafer » 05 Apr 2005, 02:23

hahahahaha :lmao: crack me up. well thats me laughing for the rest of the day then. if only.....

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

by bandito » 28 Mar 2011, 02:49

The following is a response I found in an old squadron bar book. Thought I'd share:

Why I want to be a fifth grader…

I want to be a fifth grader because it is fun and easy to do. Fifth graders get to read good stories and choose your own adventure, and do not have to read about when you can begin an approach out of holding. Even if pilots can read a map they still get lost. Fifth graders don’t have to worry about reading maps because mom drives them everywhere. Fifth Graders are braver than pilots because fifth graders have to write in cursive. All pilots are afraid of lightning and thunder, so afraid we can’t even go near them. (“Thunderstorm activity is [to be] avoided by 5 NM” – 23 FTS SOP, 2-12). And the salary pilots make…It would be nice to get an allowance from mom again. There isn’t much that would be bad about being a fifth grader, except the girls. In fifth grade girls still have “the cooties” and you have to chase them away. I hope I get sick as a fifth grader so then I wouldn’t have to go to school

A pilot

Elite 1K
Elite 1K

by Roscoe » 29 Mar 2011, 06:18

Outstanding!
Roscoe
F-16 Program Manager
USAF Test Pilot School 92A

"It's time to get medieval, I'm goin' in for guns" - Dos Gringos