Motifakes

Unread postPosted: 18 Nov 2008, 09:47
by TC
In this "kinder, gentler" Air Force, I know we've all seen the "Teamwork" and "Leadership" motivational posters ad nauseum all over offices throughout the Air Force.

I miss the old days when the official "USAF Lithograph Series" was more prevalent. Do they still have those?

Anyway, in order to show my disdain for the entire "Motivational" Bravo Sierra, I present you with two Motifakes.

The blonde was one that I found on the motifake.com site, and the one of Robin Olds was created by me, but inspired in part by one of my pilots. Enjoy!

RE: Motifakes

Unread postPosted: 18 Nov 2008, 10:53
by F16guy
Damn Straight!

Phantoms Phorever!

Unread postPosted: 18 Nov 2008, 11:31
by ATC

Unread postPosted: 18 Nov 2008, 15:34
by Tim
I've never seen the backside of a flightsuit look so........"shapely" :inlove:

Unread postPosted: 18 Nov 2008, 19:03
by TC
I like the one of the floor-loaded troops in the C-17...even though that jackass didn't really do that poster himself. That one has floated around my squadron for quite sometime.

I found the original of Robin Olds on that site too...the one created by one of my pilots. Alas, when he made it, I had to tell him that it was not a Sparrow, but a Sidewinder that Robin was standing next to...frickin airlift pilots... :lol:

I also liked the gal with the huge...um...BOMBS! :wink:

Here's an interesting one that was on the other site too. 01-0196 "The Spirit of Landing Mishaps"...er..."The Spirit of Enduring Freedom".

It's always comforting to me to know that I've flown many miles in a Class A bird. The second shot is after the repairs were made at Long Beach.

Unread postPosted: 18 Nov 2008, 23:28
by Prinz_Eugn
I made this a while back for another website, some kid put up "Tornado ADV: Proves a low-level bomber can become a great fighter" or something to that effect.

Unread postPosted: 19 Nov 2008, 00:15
by TC
Here's one for all of the Russian-built fanboys:

Unread postPosted: 19 Nov 2008, 07:52
by F16guy
That is awesome but I can't figure out how they got it so skinny.

Of course the last time the Navy shot something down was 1991. Weapons school and good old training go a long way.

Unread postPosted: 19 Nov 2008, 08:19
by TC
I do have another version of that same pic. It is F-15 related, though. That being said, I couldn't swear that this one wasn't "Rico" Rodriguez's 3rd kill, so an Eagle could very well have brought this one down.

Unread postPosted: 01 Dec 2008, 23:16
by TC
Here's another that many will find amusing. From OEDC (Libya).

Unread postPosted: 01 Dec 2008, 23:40
by TC
...and another. :lol:

Unread postPosted: 01 Jan 2009, 20:07
by maddog2840

Demotivators

Unread postPosted: 03 Jun 2009, 21:33
by thegreekness
These are pretty good - Here's more...

Unread postPosted: 04 Jun 2009, 01:26
by thegreekness
found this randomly

Re: Motifakes

Unread postPosted: 04 Jun 2009, 04:46
by Roscoe
TC wrote:The blonde was one that I found on the motifake.com site, and the one of Robin Olds was created by me, but inspired in part by one of my pilots. Enjoy!

The blond in the first post came from Dillon Aero...we have dealings with them and they have world's most awesome calendars. The following was from last years and off their web site...(for some reason F-16.net expanded the picture...click on it for a smaller and clearer version)

Unread postPosted: 04 Jun 2009, 17:18
by Kaasjager.
TC wrote:Here's one for all of the Russian-built fanboys:

Isn't that the MiG-29 that was shot down by that RNLAF F-16?

Re: Motifakes

Unread postPosted: 04 Jun 2009, 21:51
by dimpie
Roscoe wrote:
TC wrote:The blonde was one that I found on the motifake.com site, and the one of Robin Olds was created by me, but inspired in part by one of my pilots. Enjoy!

The blond in the first post came from Dillon Aero...we have dealings with them and they have world's most awesome calendars. The following was from last years and off their web site...(for some reason F-16.net expanded the picture...click on it for a smaller and clearer version)

I would like to expand it even more...

Unread postPosted: 04 Jun 2009, 23:16
by Meathook
Man, this topic and attachments are SWEET, I love them all...very cool, yep, the flight suit (green bag) never looked so damn good.......DAMN IT!

Unread postPosted: 05 Jun 2009, 00:59
by thegreekness
This one's for TC and his Dirty Harry quotes

Unread postPosted: 05 Jun 2009, 01:08
by Meathook
Good one too....

Unread postPosted: 05 Jun 2009, 14:24
by That_Engine_Guy
I found this one.... I though it rather amusing :lmao:

Keep 'em flyin' :thumb:
TEG

Unread postPosted: 05 Jun 2009, 14:49
by That_Engine_Guy
And another :lmao: that brought me to tears!

Unread postPosted: 05 Jun 2009, 21:35
by thegreekness
^THAT is funny

Unread postPosted: 05 Jun 2009, 21:45
by TC
Kaasjager. wrote:Isn't that the MiG-29 that was shot down by that RNLAF F-16?

It is possible. I do know that "Rico" downed a Fulcrum in Kosovo, but I couldn't swear that this wasn't the jet. However, at the end of the day, as long as it wasn't an allied pilot in that smoking hole, is what really matters most.

Meathook. wrote:the flight suit (green bag) never looked so damn good.

I agree. I've met a gal or two who fill out their bags quite nicely, but the blonde next to that minigun is just amazing!

Unread postPosted: 05 Jun 2009, 22:09
by TC
thegreekness. wrote:This one's for TC and his Dirty Harry quotes

Funny you mention Dirty Harry:

Unread postPosted: 05 Jun 2009, 22:17
by Meathook
This guy is the "Man", he makes COPS look and behave great, I wish they were all like him (sometimes street justice is perfect)...I love his character, the best ever!

Unread postPosted: 05 Jun 2009, 23:39
by TC
Meathook wrote:I wish they were all like him (sometimes street justice is perfect)

:lol: I agree. Before Harry Callaghan, Hollywood cops were like the guys on "Car 54". Crisp blue uniforms with a shiny badge, who walked old ladies across the street. The types who could be Beaver Cleaver's next door neighbor.

After Dirty Harry, Hollywood cops had to wear plain clothes, be no non-sense, and carry a big f**kin hand cannon!

Don't wait for the system to give the obviously guilty a slap on the wrist. Shoot first. Ask questions later.

Unread postPosted: 05 Jun 2009, 23:42
by TC
Man I love my home state!

Unread postPosted: 06 Jun 2009, 00:46
by Meathook
Oh, tea, I love her and want to know her

Unread postPosted: 06 Jun 2009, 04:52
by TC
I'd like to get to know her too, but honestly, she looks more like a Spring Breaker from Michigan than an actual Florida native. We're usually just a tad darker than her. Nonetheless, I enjoy the scenery.

Unread postPosted: 06 Jun 2009, 05:10
by Meathook
Roger that, anyway, have a nice weekend folks, off to the airshow tomorrow (weather permitting)

Unread postPosted: 06 Jun 2009, 15:03
by dimpie
Yummie, i'm gonna spent my holidays somethimes in Florida...

Unread postPosted: 06 Jun 2009, 15:42
by That_Engine_Guy
And a few more...

Unread postPosted: 06 Jun 2009, 20:21
by FlightDreamz
Here's one for all the fellow Tomcat fans...

Unread postPosted: 06 Jun 2009, 21:26
by TC
Here's a couple that are rather telling for the state of Washington and Wall Street today:

Unread postPosted: 07 Jun 2009, 18:48
by thegreekness
I'd like to get to know her too, but honestly, she looks more like a Spring Breaker from Michigan than an actual Florida native. We're usually just a tad darker than her. Nonetheless, I enjoy the scenery.

yeah - too fair to be from Fl-Hell. No complaints though....(about the chick - I HATE florida...)
Oh, tea, I love her and want to know her

"In a biblical sense...." :lol:

Unread postPosted: 07 Jun 2009, 20:35
by Meathook
Course.... :-)

Unread postPosted: 07 Jun 2009, 21:42
by TC
Bad comments about Florida will not win you cool points here Greek. Besides, aren't you from The People's Demokratik Republik of Kelly-for-nee-uh? If so, then you're in no position to lob insults Bubba. :P

Here's another that I think everybody except for the California interior decorator up there will like. She looks more like a home-grown girl:

Unread postPosted: 07 Jun 2009, 21:58
by Meathook
So many women, so little time for them all (in our dreams I guess huh)...she is a cutie too

Unread postPosted: 08 Jun 2009, 03:43
by thegreekness
Born in Oakland. I live in FL (for the next 2 weeks anyway). Been here for 12 years - I'm ALLOWED to hate it. :bang:
[I also just wanted to use the "Smiley banging head"]

Love the Hurricanes "demotivator" :thumb:

Unread postPosted: 08 Jun 2009, 03:55
by TC
Ok...I'll buy that. Just as long as you weren't some d**kless tourist who's P.O.'d, because he got rained on and bitten by a mosquito during his 3 days at Disney World. If you live there, it is what it is, I guess.

So go ahead, and bang your head. Mental Health will drive you mad.

Glad you like "The U" pic.

Unread postPosted: 08 Jun 2009, 04:24
by thegreekness
No complaints about the women though - the last 2 motifakes you posted were dead-on. :wink:

heres a couple:

Unread postPosted: 08 Jun 2009, 11:45
by vinnie
Florida was a decent state until all the trashy people from other states moved in, what did the other states have, a purge? As for the Hurricanes, you can leave your Miami degree on the dash of your car and park in the Handicapped parking spaces.

Unread postPosted: 16 Jul 2009, 02:02
by That_Engine_Guy
Some others I've found that are more on topic... :shock: (not that others aren't eye catching!)

:cheers: TEG

Unread postPosted: 16 Jul 2009, 03:39
by nam11b
Good one TEG, the aircraft ID chart made me laugh. That might win a spot on my desk.

Unread postPosted: 16 Jul 2009, 05:02
by TC
vinnie wrote:As for the Hurricanes, you can leave your Miami degree on the dash of your car and park in the Handicapped parking spaces.

Hey Vinnie, what does a University of Florida grad say to a Miami grad?

"Would you like fries with your order?"

What does a Florida State grad say to anyone?

"Uh...I uh...Football...um...Natural Lite...uh...chop...uh...Go Noles!

Unread postPosted: 22 Jul 2009, 23:08
by TC
This one was definitely a MUST POST! :lol:

Unread postPosted: 26 Jul 2009, 21:35
by TC
One more...my base's Wing Stan/Eval likes to close their safety/mishap briefings with this very slide:

Unread postPosted: 14 Aug 2009, 02:46
by That_Engine_Guy
Some more that made me chuckle... :lmao:

Unread postPosted: 14 Aug 2009, 17:32
by Loader2088
The "Iranian Airspace" one is good, but they might have chosen a picture of a Hornet with some air-to-air stuff on it instead of just HARM's. On second thought, the gun is probably all that will be required. :)

Unread postPosted: 15 Aug 2009, 15:41
by That_Engine_Guy
And a few more...

Unread postPosted: 15 Aug 2009, 15:46
by That_Engine_Guy
(Had to break them up somewhat) :cheers: TEG

Unread postPosted: 15 Aug 2009, 20:15
by TC
Pretty good stuff there...One minor correction, though: the C-17 became operational in 93, not 91.

I do agree, however..."The ol' Gunny" for SecDef! :thumb:

Unread postPosted: 18 Aug 2009, 03:27
by LinkF16SimDude
One I ginned up. Don't know who to credit for the pic. Found it on the web with no author.

Unread postPosted: 20 Feb 2010, 14:56
by CajunMaintainer
Nice thread.....I love these.

Unread postPosted: 07 Mar 2010, 04:47
by thegreekness
try deeze...

Unread postPosted: 07 Mar 2010, 04:51
by thegreekness
and these

Unread postPosted: 04 Aug 2010, 04:24
by Snake-1
God!@!!, I love the one on McPeak.

Took a great uniform and turned us into bus drivers.

Snake

Unread postPosted: 04 Aug 2010, 05:13
by TC
Yeah, the Navy went back to the dress khakis, and the Army is consolodating to just the dress blues. We were supposed to go back to a 4-pocket coat, but the leadership has mothballed it, at least temporarily. I do hope they reconsider...but with no Elvis collar and no overbelts like they tried with the test uniform.

Problem with Overbelts...People typically get fatter with age. The AF unfortunately has too many fat people. An overbelt on these folks will look like bread dough baking. The overbelt will be screaming for mercy!

Problem with Elvis Collars...With the current coat lapel, our ribbons are hard enough to see, especially the ones that you're most proud of. Those always seem to be the first ones to get covered up by the service coat. An Elvis Collar would only make the problem worse.

At least a CSAF following McPeak had enough sense to get rid of the Navy-style sleeve boards for officers. Those were effin' STOO-PID!

Unread postPosted: 04 Aug 2010, 05:38
by Snake-1
TC

And how about the new space age Air Force symbol replacing the old Hap Arnold one.

What the Hell ever happened to tradition????

THe folks who design these things ought to take lessons from the Marines who haven't changed their uniform in a thousand years.

Snake

Unread postPosted: 04 Aug 2010, 06:14
by thegreekness
we've barely been around for 50 years - not much possibility of tradition there....

Unread postPosted: 04 Aug 2010, 14:26
by Snake-1
thegreekness wrote:we've barely been around for 50 years - not much possibility of tradition there....

"YGBSM"

Actually, the number is 63 and we have changed the way wars are fought. Without air superiority we'd still be fighting the way they did back in the stone ages with a lot more people lost .

Snake

Unread postPosted: 04 Aug 2010, 14:34
by Snake-1
TC

I went back and reserched the reason why the Air Force Symbol was changed and the reason given was that it was made to attract the younger generation to join up.

WOW!!!!!

That's like their second great move of giving a brown leather flying jacket tol our pilots as a retention gimmick. If that's what it takes to retain a pilot in my outfit -- I don't want him!!!!

It's like bribing kids with toys.

Where do people come up with ideas like this.

I'd never make it in today's blues as I don't suffer fools easily.

Snake

Unread postPosted: 05 Aug 2010, 07:29
by TC
In the Enlisted Professional Development Guide, they explain the "purpose" behind the Buzz Lightyear logo...I still don't get it. I still think it's hokey, and it still looks like it should've been on Battlestar Galactica.

The A-2 jacket must be dealt out differently from unit to unit. My squadron issued mine to me as soon as I became mission qual'd. It's nice...certainly nicer to wear with blues than the blue lightweight jacket, but it certainly wouldn't be the thing that keeps me in the AF. A steady income means a lot more to me than a leather jacket with my Afghanistan Blood Chit sewn into the interior.

Unread postPosted: 05 Aug 2010, 16:37
by Snake-1
TC

Would you please explain thaqt "purpose" to me cause I'm lost to as their thinking process.

Takes me back to the late 50's when bermuda shirts, bush jackets, knee socks and Pith helemets were the utopian solution. Looked like a bunch of Brits fighting in North Africa. BRILLIANT IDEA!!!!!!!

Snake

Unread postPosted: 06 Aug 2010, 06:28
by TC
TC gasps...Someone actually posted a credible reference on Wikipedia! :lol:

The article under "Meaning" is straight out of the PDG.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Air_Force_Symbol

Unread postPosted: 06 Aug 2010, 14:04
by Snake-1
TC

According to that meaning the new symbol represents everything but the kitchen sink and Mom's apple pie and it still looks awful.

Snake

Unread postPosted: 06 Aug 2010, 20:22
by TC
It's almost like they came up with that meaning simply to justify creating it...terrible!

Unread postPosted: 06 Aug 2010, 20:36
by Prinz_Eugn
Yeah, sure, the circle represents global reach and has absolutely nothing to do with this: http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bestand:US ... 6-1941.svg

I don't get why the US Government gets so sentimental about symbology of all things, I mean there's a multi-paragraph explanation for every seal there is DOE to DOD, when it's obvious pretty much every time the "meaning" came after the artist put it down because it simply looked 'good'.

I for one don't mind the new AF symbol, though.

Unread postPosted: 06 Aug 2010, 22:17
by Snake-1
Prinz

I don't mean for this to be taken personally.

But for those of us that became part of the force within a decade of it becoming a seperate service the old service emblem goes back beyond that September day in 47. It was worn by the guys who broiught aviation in the services to life, by more who flew against the Germans and Japanese in World War II. It was worn by those who fought so gallently in Mig Alley. And by those who bet their A$$es over the skies of Hanoi. And those that fought in the opening battles in the Middle East. To us it is the symbol of the Air Force like the Eagle,Globe and Anchor of the Corps. And regardless if we went through BMT, OCS or Aviation Cadets we were taught the history and "TRADITION" of that symbol and respected it and the history it represented. And I don't care what words or so called "meaning" to it it is offered it doesn't come even close to the old one. That new "meaning" looks to an unknown future but the old one embraces decades of history and something to strive for in the future to match what is already written.

Snake

Unread postPosted: 06 Aug 2010, 23:27
by Prinz_Eugn
Only visually do I like the new symbol- I think it looks neat. But that's not the only thing that makes something like that great.

I agree, I don't think having symbolism in something is bad, I just think trying to foist it on something that hasn't earned it just makes it more hollow, more fake. Now it seems like there are graphic designers who have to make up (bad) poetry to justify their design decisions, which is kind of insulting to the classic symbols that actually meant something. That's why I pointed out the circle in the center of the star in the new emblem. They ascribe meaning to it that is obviously only added on after the fact, because it's obvious it is a visual reference to the old roundel. Why they don't just stay with that explanation, which is much more effective, I have no clue.

Unread postPosted: 07 Aug 2010, 00:16
by Snake-1
Prinz

In answer to yours -- I don't know.

But a better qyestion would be "Why don't they just stay with what was??

Snake

Unread postPosted: 18 Sep 2010, 10:56
by satoria
That_Engine_Guy wrote:(Had to break them up somewhat) :cheers: TEG

That NADS photos is outstanding...definitely worth the grounding:)
Any possibility to find this pic a bit bigger somewhere?

Unread postPosted: 18 Sep 2010, 18:29
by FlightDreamz
satoria
Any possibility to find this pic a bit bigger somewhere?

I hope someone on the board can find out for you - that's such an iconic photo! Biggest I've been able to find was 450X350 in B&W :(
And someone did a model based on that photo see http://cs.finescale.com/FSMCS/forums/p/ ... 01560.aspx

But back :ontopic: has anyone posted this motofake yet?

Unread postPosted: 03 Jul 2011, 02:56
by ATFS_Crash
For a change.