2A3X2 Tech School

Looking to change career fields or contemplating to request a new assignment? Here's where you find out if the grass really is greener on the other side...

by Streak-O-Lean » 06 Dec 2005, 02:10

I was just notified that I am being forced cross trained into a 2A3X2. That was my only choice. How long is the tech school portion at Sheppard. I was told I don’t have to go to electronics principals. I am trying to guess when I will be in tech school. My wife is pregnant with twins and it may look like I will miss it. She is freaking out now. It can’t be that cold in Osan. LOL

by Eggroll135R » 06 Dec 2005, 05:48

Streak-O-Lean wrote:I was just notified that I am being forced cross trained into a 2A3X2. That was my only choice. How long is the tech school portion at Sheppard. I was told I don’t have to go to electronics principals. I am trying to guess when I will be in tech school. My wife is pregnant with twins and it may look like I will miss it. She is freaking out now. It can’t be that cold in Osan. LOL

We have about six inches of snow here on the ground in Kunsan with more coming tonight. If you do get Korea, Osan would be the better of the two bases to get "stuck" at....

Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

by Raptor_DCTR » 02 Jan 2006, 04:32

The tech-school for the 2A3x2 carrer field is approx 6 months. It is a very demanding course but if you study you'll have no prob. I graduated at the top of my class with a 97%. If you have any more ?'s about tech-school or the 2A3x2 AFSC, drop me a line

by ViperKeeper » 02 Jan 2006, 20:32

ViperTomy wrote:The tech-school for the 2A3x2 carrer field is approx 6 months. It is a very demanding course but if you study you'll have no prob. I graduated at the top of my class with a 97%. If you have any more ?'s about tech-school or the 2A3x2 AFSC, drop me a line

I have a question for you......is that a line you can use on chicks?
""I graduated at the top of my class with a 97%. drop me a line""

:lol: :lol: did they install a shreader vavle on the back of your head? Do Crew Chiefs have to service your fat head? (Right after they wipe you down of course) :shock:
GERB
98-01 22nd FS
01-03 416th Test/Projects
03-04 36th FS
04 79th FS
05-08 312th Tactical
08-08 331skv FS
08-09 313th Pursuit

by ob_1jr » 08 Jul 2006, 09:14

It can't be that demanding now for as many retards we are getting...some people really amaze me that they made it through. I have a buddy down there doing instructor duty.

Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

by JoeSambor » 09 Jul 2006, 11:26

When I had tech school (the AFSC was 326X6 then) it only lasted six weeks. We got a smattering of electronics training, soldered a couple of connectors, used an HT-900 on a wafer, crimped a few pins. They called us "six-week wonders" back then. Funny how troops trained during that era turned out to be the best F-16 Avionics guys. Most are gone now.

Best Regards,
Joe Sambor
LM Aero Field Service Engineer
Woensdrecht Logistics Center, The Netherlands

Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

by Raptor_DCTR » 09 Jul 2006, 17:24

did they install a shreader vavle on the back of your head? Do Crew Chiefs have to service your fat head? (Right after they wipe you down of course)

That's about all you guys do is service the LG and whipe the jet down. Except for the occasional JFS change. It's a heck of a lot harder than being a frickin crew chief. I would LOVE to see a crew chief attemp and I emphasize attempt, to do a spec's job. It would be like watching a monkey try to f*ck a football.

Elite 3K
Elite 3K

by Meathook » 09 Jul 2006, 19:34

Guys, guys...thank god for the job guides, they have been designed so even only high school graduates can fix million dollar aircraft and it is done daily by guys and gals from all walks of life.

You all deserve a little slack, as in most jobs, someone has to show you all ( as they did me too) how to do it, then with current technical data, anybody that is trained can do it (job), it is proven everyday.

Cross-cut training proves that too, like anything in life, repetition and attention to detail (plus a positive attitude) will get any of us to do anything well with time. As you all know, trouble shooting this electronic wonder can and has been a pain in the a$$ more times than I can count or want to remember, we have all been there at some point.

Crew chiefs are "jack of all trades" and master of none (as the expression goes) but I have known many folks that helped learn the other persons job, some liked it, others didn't. In other words, we all do our part, some with more repetition that others but each person is valuable. Some get attitude, you bet, in some its pride (guilty of that myself) in others, it can be bitterness because the "grass seems greener on the other side" of the job or in the office buy guys, we (the USA) need you all.

Hell, how many are guilty of making sh*t up in a bar to make the job more impressive or 'score" with some split tail...I know I have and did it work? you bet ya a$$ it did, it is just guys being guys. But the point remains, we do crazy jobs, some hard, others harder but we are all maintenance, we are in it together...remember if it flies in the sky. maintenance put it there - that is what we are about!

It is tough enough there days in uniform without us tearing into each other, I know it happens mainly in fun but please try and keep it fun only (there will be the odd jerk here and there but they will show themselves in time anyway) so let it go.

At many points in my 26 years, I did some sheetmetal, engine, avionics and hydraulic work besides being a crew chief (not to mention being a door gunner on UH1B/C's - now that job, I would not wish on anyone) then getting a few flying slots (rare occasion now I am told). But may are limited by their own drive so be all you can be, enjoy the work, it is cool and hard but well worth it in the end plus you get to see strange and sometimes exotic places and maybe...get laid behind it so ...enjoy it!

So, we have good and bad days but we all work on the meanest, toughest fighters the world has ever seen so lets stick together on this. Any of us can do anything with training, hell, I proved that when "I" became a civilian pilot and if you knew me, you too would be freaked out by that....but, time, dedication and the will to do it, I pulled it off and so do many of you in your daily taskings too.

So....come on, we are in this together, least you guys and gals are now...hang tough, cut some slack once and awhile to each other, other times...well sh*t happens but we all wear or did wear Air Force Blue, so try and understand it is not perfect but "you all" can make it better than anybody else.

A little ribbing is cool but you are the tip of the sword...be that sword, I am proud of you all, pointy heads, crew dogs, spark chasers, bubble chasers, load toads and any body else I left out that makes up "our" maintenance in the USAF. Please don't cut each other up too much, those that party and fight together, live to tell the tale later and hopefully laugh about it.

Later dudes...The meathook
More than likely have "been there and done that at some point", it sure keeps you young if done correctly

Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

by Raptor_DCTR » 09 Jul 2006, 21:31

Agreed but I'm also not just gonna sit here and take that kind of insult from an idiot like that. That is precisely the kind of person that I would not want to rely on in a time of war or crisis.

Elite 3K
Elite 3K

by Meathook » 09 Jul 2006, 21:51

I know what you mean, he just might be having a bad day or had a nerve was exposed and it got stepped on...it happens.......I got your drift though.
More than likely have "been there and done that at some point", it sure keeps you young if done correctly

by MechFromHell » 10 Jul 2006, 00:05

You guys need som Kleenex? LOL... :evil:
Crew Chief
Mountain Home AFB 2000-2005~91-0370
Sheppard AFB 2005-2009~F-16 Instr
Kadena AB 2009-2015
Holloman AFB 2015-Now

Elite 3K
Elite 3K

by Meathook » 10 Jul 2006, 01:09

Guess I watch too many "chick flicks"...a guy needs all the help he can these days hahahahaha :-)

(Good one ....Kleenex)...I gotta remember that one

Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

by Raptor_DCTR » 10 Jul 2006, 01:48

must be a crew chief too

Elite 3K
Elite 3K

by Meathook » 10 Jul 2006, 03:11

Roger on being a Crew Chief, nothing is sweeter......other then piloting one

Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

by shiz302 » 10 Jul 2006, 17:30

Another sour spec. LOL
Ex 16 CC workin 'hawks.

Next