2A3X2 Tech School

Looking to change career fields or contemplating to request a new assignment? Here's where you find out if the grass really is greener on the other side...

by blk40crewdawg » 10 Jul 2006, 18:11

Hey Tomy,

Sounds like your "JFS" is over-temping!!! It's okay to show a little jealousy and envy. Check out the Best jobs in the AF thread while your at it...

BTW Just cause we're knuckle draggers doesn't mean that we aren't above swapping boxes and "ops checking" the TGP, that's what we've got pointy heads for :poke:
Crew Chief 00 - present
ADCC 89-2042
DCC 89-2127

Elite 3K
Elite 3K

by Meathook » 10 Jul 2006, 18:17

How do you get that stick in the eye thing to work - I love it
More than likely have "been there and done that at some point", it sure keeps you young if done correctly

Elite 3K
Elite 3K

by Meathook » 10 Jul 2006, 19:45

A couple of older versions of 431X1C and 462X1 (much older AFSC's from what they are called now I guess).

WE grew up, paid our dues, got old and became grandparents...WoW...Where does the time go?
Attachments
Crew Chief and Weapons Loader.JPG

Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

by IDCrewDawg » 10 Jul 2006, 23:53

Whats with the flaming?

Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

by Raptor_DCTR » 11 Jul 2006, 02:47

blk40crewdawg, I don't mean to isult all of the crew chiefs, that's not what my objective was. In fact I get along with and enjoy talking with a lot of the crew chiefs in my AMU. Everyone has a job to do and is expected to do it when called upon. If help is needed then anyone around, be that CC's, E&E, weapons, whatever, someone will lend a hand. I was trying to help answer someones question at the beinning of the thread about the 2A3X2 tech school and career field and being in this career field I thought I could lend a hand. This seemed to provoke a pissing match from someone who has no idea what they are talking about. I've helped CC's pull engines, service hydraulics, fuel and defuel, and a lot of other stuff outside of my AFSC. I don't mind doing these things if I can work with the person and it even extends my knowledge of the jet. On the other hand, if that person asking for my help is a pain in the a$$, I'll tell them to f*ck off and stand there watching them struggle. "You scratch my back I'll scratch yours."

by blk40crewdawg » 11 Jul 2006, 05:28

Fixin,

I agree with you completely. I was just poking a little fun at you cause it seemed like you had a short fuse. No harm intended. I don't know how many times you need that extra body on the flightline. Anybody that works the flightline that actually carrys their weight would/should take the time to learn a little bit about other AFSC's and maybe even get cut trained. I've got a few engine and avioncs things in my training records.

We had an avionics guy at Cannon that LOVED launching jets. Needless to say, we welcomed the opportunity to let him get some "training."

To all you 3X2 folks out there, crew chiefs really do care about you, we just might not show it. :wink: I wouldn't have the patience to chase the gremlin's that pop up in yall's stuff.

These jets break way too damn often for it to be a one man show.

:cheers:
Crew Chief 00 - present
ADCC 89-2042
DCC 89-2127

Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

by Raptor_DCTR » 11 Jul 2006, 05:37

Roger that one and I understand there is some fun to be had with each others AFSC. I actually like to launch jets myself, kinda cool. I don't mind getting a little geasy every now and then either. Chasing sparks around all the time gets a little frustrating sometimes (it never ends with this "electric jet"). It can be a good stress relief to turn some wrenches, reminds me of back home working on cars with my pops.

by tokenblkguy1785 » 11 Jul 2006, 06:25

:offtopic: i wish i could be in fuels shop. that way i can do nothing all day, look at a fuel part and pass it off either to crew chiefs (bad tank) or avionics (bad FQCU). thats fun.
555 AMU '05-'08; 36 AMU '08-'09; 8 AMU '09-'11; F-35, LM

Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

by JoeSambor » 11 Jul 2006, 13:09

I always hated changing ISAs or LEF PDUs. Talk about not having patience! I would rather change out the filters in the comm matrix mount than do either one of those tasks. It takes a special kind of person to be a Crew Chief.

Best Regards,
Joe Sambor
LM Aero Field Service Engineer
Woensdrecht Logistics Center, The Netherlands

Elite 3K
Elite 3K

by Meathook » 11 Jul 2006, 13:13

Yea..they have their moments for sure, ever try doing the asymmetry brakes (LEF) on your own, I tired it, wound up needing a person on each wing to get it done right.

Another pain, disconnecting the hyd lines in the upper portion of both MLG Wheel Wells, after a mod, then putting them back together. I swear the guy that design this must have had fingers like "ET" to pull it off. Or the damn Radar package, lines in that area can be a bitch too....god, now I am thinking about all the painful areas....scary stuff sometimes huh!
More than likely have "been there and done that at some point", it sure keeps you young if done correctly

by boardman » 23 Aug 2011, 19:55

first run at this.....

Previous