New Assignment to Hill AFB, coming back from Recruiting

Looking to change career fields or contemplating to request a new assignment? Here's where you find out if the grass really is greener on the other side...

by yamiraiderrider » 14 Jan 2013, 04:01

Well, with this being my first post on F16.net I'm going to poll everyone's thoughts as a maintainer at Hill. I've heard awesome things about Hill, but I've also heard it referred to as "Shaw West". My first 4-1/2 years was at Shaw, then a year at the Kun, and now I'm finishing my 4 years up as a recruiter.

Unlike many, I didn't become a recruiter to get off the line. It was a mix of family reasons and my special duty box for progression. Though, I left Kunsan just months before getting my OJT finished for my 7-lvl so I'm about to head back to the line as a 5-lvl SSgt that has never written on anyone. I love to work, and am a hard worker but have to say I'm a bit nervous of going back being rusty and as a new writer.

My main question is how the mx tempo is out there. We are in the process of Activating my wife from being a 12 yr AGR Fuels Tech in the ANG. So I'm trying to be as prepared as can be given we will both be on the line and we have 3 children(3, 9, & 13). Any input on how it is out there, and maybe even a lil advice would be appreciated.

by taylorsmith » 04 Feb 2013, 09:26

It will be pleasure being there. The place is good for learn and earn too. Lots of opportunities are there to explore new things. So, I suggest you tomove on.
--------------
delivery jobs

by david12312 » 07 Jul 2015, 08:35

Hill Air Force Base provides worldwide engineering and logistics management for the F-16 Fighting Falcon, A-10 Thunderbolt II, and the Minuteman III ICBM, and performs depot maintenance of the F-16, A-10, and C-130 Hercules aircraft. The base is located between Ogden and Salt Lake City. The area is known for year round activities, including skiing, hiking, boating, extreme sports, fishing and hunting, with four distinct seasons, low humidity and moderate snow fall in the valley.