F-22 Raptor speed

Anything goes, as long as it is about the Lockheed Martin F-22 Raptor
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

by phantasm » 25 Aug 2017, 01:10

vanshilar wrote:
phantasm wrote:Funny, I just mentioned this, and it happened to make a note in the news

https://www.rt.com/news/400687-russian- ... tor-space/

From the article:

“It will have certain elements of artificial intelligence built into the jet, because, obviously, flying at those speeds, the human brain is not capable of thinking that fast,” Poli told RT. “There are a lot of new technologies going to be put into this aircraft, for sure.”

Hahahahaha. I don't know what's supposed to be there other than just fly-by-wire. But it'll have cool new artificial intelligence, because the human brain can't think fast enough at those speeds! The Apollo spacecraft must've had amazing artificial intelligence.

Or the Shuttle.

You should see some of the others that are adamant that it's a "space fighter"
...I'm sure whenever a fighter or interceptor actually can zoom climb, let alone do sustained flight at anywhere near 300,000 ft, that we'll have called all the planes leading up to it space fighters as well.

you'd think that if planes needed AI to help because of the velocity, that rocket cars would have them as well.

Elite 5K
Elite 5K

by sferrin » 25 Aug 2017, 05:14

phantasm wrote:
sferrin wrote:
phantasm wrote:On a unrelated note, I saw something that indicated the Mig 25 had more in common with the A5 than the Eagle does with the Mig, despite having a similar planform..

Wut?

gGs7Ml5.jpg

The comment I saw was in terms of design inspiration -

It was a joke. Sure, the story is that MiG was "inspired" by the A-5 Vigilante, but I think this design had far more influence. It was approximately the same time as the Vigilante and also North American.
"There I was. . ."

Previous