Tyndall AFB upates

Anything goes, as long as it is about the Lockheed Martin F-22 Raptor
Elite 2K
Elite 2K

by Gums » 28 Feb 2019, 16:29

Salute!

Starting this thread to have one place for updates and progress and rumors about Tyndall and the Eglin flock of Raptors.

You can use same references as I, but since I am doen here I check local news, weather and sports every morning.

One thing I am suggesting to the team there is to visit Mexico Beach 14 miles to the east and which had the highest winds from Michael. I stayed there during my VooDoo checkout and that 1950's cottage was the main type of structure back in the 60's thru this past fall. 90% - I estimate about 2/3. Well, now they are mostly concrete slabs, yet next to some are beach houses on piers that only had minor damage.

https://www.wjhg.com/content/news/Tynda ... 74651.html

Local news here by Eglin is pretty much an echo of Panama City, but is talking more about the Raptors staying here for a few years. We'll see.

Gums sends...
Gums
Viper pilot '79
"God in your guts, good men at your back, wings that stay on - and Tally Ho!"

by wolfpak » 07 Mar 2019, 00:29

An article on the latest goings on at Tyndall.

https://www.airforcetimes.com/news/your ... l-kind-of/

My speculation is that they will wait until they come up with plans for the PCA's deployment. They will designate either Eglin or Tyndall as a training facility for the PCA, F-22 and F-35.

Elite 2K
Elite 2K

by Gums » 28 Mar 2019, 14:09

Salute!

Latest status of the "TY" Raptors.

https://www.nwfdailynews.com/news/20190 ... at-langley

Still looks to be two years away, and by then F-35 wing will standup at Tyndall.

Personally, I feel Eglin is better than Langley, as we never got to the original F-35 number, and the Raptors are more quiet. OTOH Langley has good infrastructure already for the F-22.

Gums sends...
Gums
Viper pilot '79

Elite 3K
Elite 3K

by weasel1962 » 28 Mar 2019, 16:26

The supplemental budget for both Tyndall and Offutt is probably key. $5 billion.

https://www.airforcetimes.com/news/your ... struction/

Elite 2K
Elite 2K

by Gums » 09 May 2019, 16:09

Salute!

A lotta $$$$ for hurricane relief is being held up because certain folks want to keep the Puerto Rico folks and their supporters on the plantation. So to get the money for Tyndall and surrounding area, taxpayers have to "contribute" to P.R. recovery that resulted from years of mis-spent $$$$ and pee poor local government ( rant off now) See text at bottom of this post, and note that the entire Tyndall and Panama City $$$ are gonna be about $4 or $5 billion. That is high, but there's a lotta infrastructure north of Tyndall that needs work, mainly electrical power lines and such.

Anyway, we had a good visit yesterday, and that guy tries hard to keep his word.

Local meetings next week about F-22 basing here at Eglin, but I bet that the Virginia mafia in Congress gets the training outfit moved to Langley. Infrastructure for the Raptor is lots better and in place there than here.

If USAF keeps it current plan, Tyndall will get a "big" wing of F-35's as soon as most of the housing and support facilities are done.

https://www.wjhg.com/content/news/Presi ... 77281.html

Gums sends...

The P.R. blackmail issue:

President Trump announced Wednesday night his administration would allocate $448 million in federal aid to communities in Florida affected by last year's Category 5 Hurricane Michael, all while blasting Democrats standing in the way of his policies, at a raucous "Make America Great Again" rally in Panama City Beach.

"In the wake of the terrible storm, this extraordinary community pulled together and showed the world your unbreakable spirit," Trump told supporters. "Today, I'm doing the most allowed by law to support the people of Florida. Because of the severity of the storm -- Category 5 -- we will have the federal government pay for 90 percent of the cost in many circumstances."

The White House has blamed "Democrat obstruction" for a stoppage in recovery work, with about 120 projects being deferred. The president's opposition to more hurricane aid for Puerto Rico has sparked a standoff with congressional Democrats that has blocked some assistance to the island and elsewhere, including the Florida Panhandle.

"The money is coming immediately," the president added. "No games, no gimmicks, no delays, we're just doing it."

The president repeated his claim that Puerto Rico had received $91 billion to help it recover from 2017's Hurricane Maria, which he called "the most money we've ever given to anybody. We've never given $91 billion to a state. We gave Puerto Rico $91 billion ... and they don't like me."
Gums
Viper pilot '79