Page 20 of 21

Re: F-22 Database and photo thread

Unread postPosted: 05 Oct 2020, 16:09
by mixelflick
Wow. It just keeps looking better and better with age.

Thank you :)

Re: F-22 Database and photo thread

Unread postPosted: 12 Oct 2020, 11:58
by Scorpion1alpha
Cabo flying with a couple of Mustangs.
Image

Oh look, "Bald Eagle" has a WSO.
Image

Can you keep up Great Grandpa?
Image

Or pull this tight?
Image

Re: F-22 Database and photo thread

Unread postPosted: 19 Oct 2020, 12:33
by Scorpion1alpha
F-22s practiced hot-pit refueling during the recently completed Exercise Valiant Shield at Anderson AFB, Guam.
Image
Image
Image

Wings Over Huston drive-in airshow this past weekend.
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

A bit relevant, a 5th Gen fighter like the F-22 needs higher end targets to press it's systems. The 5GAT 5th Gen Aerial Drone is designed to do that. It recently completed ground tests and is scheduled to make it's first flight later this month. Note some design features taken from the F-22.
Image
Image

Re: F-22 Database and photo thread

Unread postPosted: 19 Oct 2020, 14:55
by lamoey
Scorpion1alpha wrote:Wings Over Huston drive-in airshow this past weekend.
Image
Image


Nice pictures. I was at the Wings Over Houston on Sunday, and never saw two F-22's in the air at the same time. The one that was there Sunday had a snag, so a fresh one was flown in from Dallas area. That meant that an F-16 took its place in the heritage flight

Re: F-22 Database and photo thread

Unread postPosted: 20 Oct 2020, 12:25
by Scorpion1alpha
My apologies. I made a mistake. I misidentified the photos I posted as the Wings Over Huston Airshow, which was the weekend before last (the one you attended).

The photos are, in fact, from the Ft. Worth Alliance Airshow that was held northwest of you and a week later (17-18 October). That’ll explain why you didn’t see two F-22s overhead.

BTW, those photos of yours are great. How did you like the WOH Airshow and the drive-in concept?

Some more from Ft Worth:
Image
Image
Image
Image

Anyone want to taste the rainbow?
Image

Re: F-22 Database and photo thread

Unread postPosted: 20 Oct 2020, 14:29
by lamoey
Scorpion1alpha wrote:My apologies. I made a mistake. I misidentified the photos I posted as the Wings Over Huston Airshow, which was the weekend before last (the one you attended).

The photos are, in fact, from the Ft. Worth Alliance Airshow that was held northwest of you and a week later (17-18 October). That’ll explain why you didn’t see two F-22s overhead.

BTW, those photos of yours are great. How did you like the WOH Airshow and the drive-in concept?


I payed for the VIP ticket to get closer to the action, and I did enjoy it. Took around 1200 pictures, with a heavy rig, so at the end of the day I was ready to go home.

We lived in the UK for 6 years, and got to see a few airshows there. The UK airshows are normally more action packed, with less time between flying events. The Red Arrows are always a treat to watch. The US shows typically are less dense in activity, but has hundreds of sales boots distracting people between events. Since this show had no sales activity, the activities were closer together and more like the UK shows. One thing we don't have here is all the visiting aerobatic teams form other nations. I would not have minded seeing either the Thunderbirds or the Blue Angels though.

Re: F-22 Database and photo thread

Unread postPosted: 21 Oct 2020, 12:32
by Scorpion1alpha
lamoey wrote:I payed for the VIP ticket to get closer to the action, and I did enjoy it. Took around 1200 pictures, with a heavy rig, so at the end of the day I was ready to go home.

We lived in the UK for 6 years, and got to see a few airshows there. The UK airshows are normally more action packed, with less time between flying events. The Red Arrows are always a treat to watch. The US shows typically are less dense in activity, but has hundreds of sales boots distracting people between events. Since this show had no sales activity, the activities were closer together and more like the UK shows. One thing we don't have here is all the visiting aerobatic teams form other nations. I would not have minded seeing either the Thunderbirds or the Blue Angels though.


I agree the European airshows tend to be more high speed in terms of their pace and presentation. And with the EU nations being so close to each other, makes it easier for each country's teams to go visit another nation's airshow.

The Red Arrows always seems to impress everyone but the Brits themselves..."Dead Sparrows" as they like to refer to them. They, and most other foreign teams, are more aggressive in their routines than us. But we know why is that.

Maybe one day, the Reds will perform over the skies of of southeast Texas and the F-22 will fly in formation with them like in June 2008 over Langley:
Image
Image

And again in August 2019 over NY along with the Thunderbirds and Lightning:
Image
Image
Image

BTW, if you have more photos of the F-22 that you took and would like to post, go ahead and do so. The Viper would be great too. Based on the two that you posted, I bet a lot more of your photos look great.

Re: F-22 Database and photo thread

Unread postPosted: 21 Oct 2020, 16:12
by lamoey
This is the same Viper on two separate passes. Look closely and you will see that they have the sun from different angels. The belly shot was turned 180 for effect.

Re: F-22 Database and photo thread

Unread postPosted: 21 Oct 2020, 17:13
by lamoey
A couple of shots of the Raptor from Wings Over Houston 2020

Re: F-22 Database and photo thread

Unread postPosted: 26 Oct 2020, 12:17
by Scorpion1alpha
lamoey wrote:A couple of shots of the Raptor from Wings Over Houston 2020
Image

New wallpaper for my phone!

Re: F-22 Database and photo thread

Unread postPosted: 26 Oct 2020, 12:23
by Scorpion1alpha
Up and away.
Image

Do a backflip.
Image

The only safe way to tour through New York.
Image

In heat.
Image

Re: F-22 Database and photo thread

Unread postPosted: 26 Oct 2020, 21:50
by lamoey
Hidden contrails.

Re: F-22 Database and photo thread

Unread postPosted: 02 Nov 2020, 13:14
by Scorpion1alpha
The Lockheed Martin Air & Space Show happening 31 Oct - 1 Nov. Let's go!
Image

Death Blossom 1, all systems go.
Image

Weeeee...
Image
Image

Hey T-bird, wanna come up and play?
Image

Hiya Constant Aviation.
Image

Time to park it.
Image
Image

Re: F-22 Database and photo thread

Unread postPosted: 02 Nov 2020, 20:56
by charlielima223
The F-22 will be one of those aircraft that even after it retires it will still be beautiful.

Re: F-22 Database and photo thread

Unread postPosted: 09 Nov 2020, 13:27
by Scorpion1alpha
Some vape shots.
Image
Image
Image
Image

Stuart Airshow, Stuart, FL 7-8 Nov.
Image
"That thang a UFO or sumthin?"
Image
Image
Image

One is feared by our adversary's tanks and infantry on the ground. The other is feared by anything our adversary flies.
Image