F-16.net Moderator

by Scorpion1alpha » 28 Jan 2019, 14:43

Turning...

Inside it's own tailpipe:
I'm watching...

F-16.net Moderator
F-16.net Moderator

by Scorpion1alpha » 10 Feb 2019, 08:27

F-22s from Elmendorf participating in the just completed exercise Winter Fury and continuing with exercise Patriot Grizzly at MCAS Miramar. Winter Fury involved both Marine F/A-18C Hornets, and Navy F-35C Lightning II’s, partnering with F-22s to perform air-to-air combat, while protecting ground assets. Patriot Grizzly is an in house exercise with Marine Hornets.

AK 077 (still sporting it's 9Xs in its side bays), 129, 135 and 3 others on the flightline:

AK 142 along with 7 other F-22s on the flightline:
I'm watching...

F-16.net Moderator
F-16.net Moderator

by Scorpion1alpha » 17 Feb 2019, 09:30

11 February shot of a Langley F-22 underneath it's solar power overhang on the flightline. F-22s were staged as part of a routine night flying training mission.

FLOTUS Melania Trump and 1st FW CC Jason Hinds touring FF 165 during her recent trip there.

Recent F-22 acheivement at the 1st FW:
1st FW soars past sortie goal

The 1st Fighter Wing recently exceeded the minimum number of sorties set for the month of January by launching more than 250 sorties in three days at Joint Base Langley-Eustis, Virginia.

The 1st FW teamed up with the 192nd Wing and members assigned to the 633rd Logistics Readiness Squadron to accomplish this record-breaking sortie goal in an effort to maintain combat mission readiness.

“This was an entire wing goal,” said U.S. Air Force Col. Jason Hinds, 1st FW commander. “It was tough to accomplish, but the three wings communicated very well with each other. We understood the mission, planned for it and then successfully executed it.”

Hinds explained that due to obstacles such as weather, birds on the flight line and equipment maintenance, the wings planned to perform a three-day surge to ensure they hit their desired goal, during which six hot pits were assembled and more than 250 sorties were launched. Hot pits are typically performed during combat situations to rapidly refuel aircraft while their engines are running, enabling them to jump right back into the fight.

We have never done six hot pits before,” said Chief Master Sgt. Jay Harris, 1st FW command chief. “When charged with the possibility, our Airmen adapted to the requirement, got going, and then absolutely crushed it!”

Both Hinds and Harris agreed that the sortie goal was accomplished by empowering Airmen to improve and innovate current procedures. Consistent open communication was key to the objective of making every Airman understand that they have ownership in the mission and the ability to make it better.

“It’s our Airmen, [they are] our human weapon systems that are able to find creative ways to get the mission done,” Harris said. “We can have cutting-edge technology and advanced weapons systems, but wars are won by out-maneuvering and out-thinking your adversary. Our Airmen have exceptional motivation and pride in their mission and work hard every day to increase our wing’s lethality and readiness.”

One such contributing member was Senior Airman John Roach, 1st FW dedicated crew chief, who supervised new Airmen during their first surge.

“Surges are especially great training for new Airmen,” Roach said. “From the moment we get out of roll-call to the moment we leave, we’re working hard and constantly launching aircraft.”

Roach explained how the maintenance teams rallied as they approached the end of the month and hitting the targeted sortie number was within arm’s reach.

“We felt good about our performance at the start of the surge so that helped build momentum to keep working harder,” Roach said. “The last couple days of the surge, we knew that we were doing well so it definitely boosted our confidence and our pride.”

Feb. 1 was named the 1st FW’s Goal Day and all participating Airmen were rewarded with the day off to celebrate with friends and family.

Hinds said he made the accomplishment announcement at the wing’s quarterly awards ceremony to a room full of fired-up Airmen who were beaming with pride and morale.

“I was so excited for them because I know how much work this took,” Hinds said. “The readiness of the three wings is higher than I have seen and there is no doubt in my mind that if we get that phone call, we will be first to the fight.”
I'm watching...

F-16.net Moderator
F-16.net Moderator

by Scorpion1alpha » 23 Feb 2019, 17:30

Some vapor action for the upcoming season (Photo credit to respective authors):

I'm watching...

F-16.net Moderator
F-16.net Moderator

by Scorpion1alpha » 01 Mar 2019, 03:05

Langley F-22s conducting night ops 21 February 2019.
FF 189:
FF 167:
I'm watching...

F-16.net Moderator
F-16.net Moderator

by Scorpion1alpha » 09 Mar 2019, 15:17

U.S. Air Force F-22 Raptors from the 1st Fighter Wing and 192nd Wing, with the support of the 633rd Air Base Wing, took part in a total force exercise at Joint Base Langley-Eustis, Virginia, Feb. 28, 2019.

The Phase I exercise showcased the U.S. Air Force F-22 Raptors’ readiness and ability to deploy.

“It takes the combined effort of the 633rd ABW, the 192nd Wing, and the 1st FW to deploy a fighter squadron on short-notice,” said Col. Jason Hinds 1st FW commander. “I’m thankful to all those who participated in the planning and execution of the Phase I exercise.”

With their slogan of ‘ready to deploy, ready to employ,’ the exercise tested the Wing’s ability to generate aircraft and get them to the fight. Once there, the Raptors were regenerated and reconfigured for war, flying sorties from the deployed location.

“For the normal AEF cycles or to go to Red Flag or any of those exercises we have months to plan,” said Col. David Seitz, 1st Maintenance Group commander. “This one was not like that at all [this was accomplished in a week]. Our Airmen crushed it! It was amazing to watch.”

As part of the exercise, the Raptors staged an “Elephant Walk,” testing the squadrons’ ability to launch large formations of aircraft at a moments’ notice.

We know that with the F-22 we’re going to be called, especially in a high-end fight against near peer competitors, they’re going to call Langley and we need to be ready,” Seitz said.

I'm watching...

Elite 5K
Elite 5K

by mixelflick » 10 Mar 2019, 14:52

Great pics! Thanks for posting...

Every F-22 is a national treasure, and seeing them always brings thoughts of pride in America and her people. In the words of one F-16 pilot I spoke to, "They did that thing right. Total overkill..."

F-16.net Moderator
F-16.net Moderator

by Scorpion1alpha » 29 Mar 2019, 13:59

Well, about a month after Langley did an elephant walk with their F-22s, Elmendorf decided they'll do one with theirs.

Twenty-four F-22 Raptors from 3rd Wing and 477th Fighter Group, a C-17 Globemaster III and an E-3 Sentry participate in a close formation taxi, known as an Elephant Walk, March 26, 2019, during a Polar Force exercise at Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson, Alaska. This two-week exercise gives squadrons an opportunity to demonstrate their abilities to forward deploy and deliver overwhelming combat power.

Mix of AK and TY tails:
AK 074 & 118:
AK 133:
TY 088:
AK 108 & 145 and TY 072:
Making the turn EOR:
TY 072 airborne:
AK 141 airborne:

If you're an adversary and hear that the US is deploying this many F-22s and other support assets in your neighborhood, you've got to be just a little worried.
I'm watching...

F-16.net Moderator
F-16.net Moderator

by Scorpion1alpha » 01 May 2019, 13:44

I would say this is kinda an unholy union between USAF and USN, but when the Blue Angels know their place and trail the F-22, I guess it makes it all right.

2019 MCAS Beaufort Airshow:

I'm watching...

Elite 5K
Elite 5K

by mixelflick » 01 May 2019, 19:59

The 2019 F-22 demo is INSANE.

Much, much more aggressive than in years past.

F-16.net Moderator
F-16.net Moderator

by Scorpion1alpha » 08 May 2019, 12:33

Team practicing for the Chennault International Airshow in Lake Charles, Louisiana this weekend (10-12 May).

FF 170 (Coming in hot):

A little loud?
I'm watching...

F-16.net Moderator
F-16.net Moderator

by Scorpion1alpha » 08 May 2019, 12:37

A couple more from the photo shoot with the Blue Angels.

I'm watching...

F-16.net Moderator
F-16.net Moderator

by Scorpion1alpha » 15 May 2019, 05:36

PACAF led Exercise Northern Edge 2019 kicked off in Alaska and will be from 13-24 May. I'll be the largest military exercise in Alaska this year and major participating units include: U.S. Indo-Pacific Command, U.S. Pacific Air Forces, U.S. Pacific Fleet, Marine Corps Forces Pacific, Air Combat Command, Air Mobility Command, Air Force Materiel Command, U.S. 3rd Fleet, Air National Guard, Air Force Reserve and U.S. Naval Reserve.

AK 112 will be there:
I'm watching...

F-16.net Moderator
F-16.net Moderator

by Scorpion1alpha » 16 May 2019, 13:21

F-22s return to Tyndall for Checkered Flag 19-1. Langley's Hat in the Ring Raptors along with F-15s from Kadena and Lakenheath are participating in the 2-week long exercise starting 6 May.

FF 168:

FF 162 (Note the damaged structure in the background):
I'm watching...

Elite 5K
Elite 5K

by mixelflick » 16 May 2019, 13:25

Wow, damaged indeed!

The troops did a phenomenal job salvaging those Raptors. Without their help, this very well could have been a national tragedy. As it stands, it's a human tragedy for those that lost their lives. But with so few Raptors in the inventory, the work these men did.... they should be recognized.

Dunno if there's a medal for such, but they seriously preserved our national security with their work. Bravo folks, bravo...

PreviousNext