Becoming an F-16 pilot

So you want to be an F-35, mechanic, loader, avionics technician...? Here you will learn that you will need education, hard work and steadfast dedication. (Note: This used to be the F-16 crew forum)

by marchetti » 02 Feb 2014, 19:25

Hello everyone

I'll just get to the point.

I want to become an F 16 fighting falcon pilot. I am 16 years old and it has been my life long dream as long as I can remember. I personally think I have come to an age where I should start preparing myself to live my dream.

The selection in my country consists of:

- psychotechnical tests ( not sure if I translated that right)
- Medical tests
- Phsyical tests

Now, maybe there are some F 16 pilots on this forum, I don't know, but if there are could you please help me with the following questions?

- How do you prepare yourself correctly and succesfully?
- What is your definition of a good pilot?
- Currently I have a perfect eyesight but I don't know if it will stay like that in the future, are there ways to improve your eyesight knowing a pilot must have a perfect eyesight?
- I broke my arm when I was a kid, does that give me a disadvantage on medical tests?
- I am 6 foot 1 and weigh 155 pounds, is this a good length and weight to become a pilot?

That's about it. Other questions might pop up later...

Thanks for your time.

Greetings

marchetti

F-16.net Webmaster
F-16.net Webmaster

by Lieven » 02 Feb 2014, 22:03

Hello marchetti! Welcome to the forum. What country are you from?

by joost » 02 Feb 2014, 23:50

I am not a pilot, but worked for MoD. So F-16 pilots please correct me if I am wrong, but what certainly seems to help is learning to fly a glider first before you go to the Air Force test center. And have good results for your math and physics at school. And be sure you are fit.