AFOQT scores - no bueno

So you want to be an F-35, mechanic, loader, avionics technician...? Here you will learn that you will need education, hard work and steadfast dedication. (Note: This used to be the F-16 crew forum)

by mrgrey » 12 Jul 2013, 04:33

Okay just got my scores back for my first time around at the AFOQT.
Pilot 53
nav 10
acad 40
quat 53
verb 32

I am very confused. This is how I feel I did for each section
Analogies ; ok
Arithmetic reasoning ; bad
word knowledge: ok
Math knowledge: good
table reading: bad
instrument comp: really good
Aviation info: really good
Block counting: bad
hidden figures: ok
general science: good

Are my feelings on how I did go along with the scores. I just don't understand how I got such a low pilot score when I was super confident about Instrument comp and aviation info. Do these not contribute that much to the score? Any advice for when I retake in 180 days lol?

by mrgrey » 12 Jul 2013, 04:50

Also, I should for sure retake it ight? I know the second score is your final score, but I am sure I can do worse than this.

by tjodalv43 » 13 Jul 2013, 21:47

Honestly, if you're looking for a pilot slot I don't think a 53 is going to be competitive. I think Wants Check might have a current average for selectees but if I recall a while back it was in the upper 80's. I would recommend getting a study guide and checking out the AFOQT page on Wants Check then retaking the test. Wants check will also break down the weight of each section so you know what to focus on. Good luck!

by mrgrey » 18 Jul 2013, 21:36

Correction* Pilot score = 58