UPT Hopeful

So you want to be an F-35, mechanic, loader, avionics technician...? Here you will learn that you will need education, hard work and steadfast dedication. (Note: This used to be the F-16 crew forum)

by stewartjd2 » 27 Mar 2013, 19:59

As a new member to the forum and future UPT select hopeful, just wanted to say hello. Just got my test scores back and am in the process of getting applications together.

Current stats:
Pilot- 99, Nav-87, AA- 96, Verb.- 75, Quant.- 99
PCSM- 96
Current civilian IP
Hope to have good news over the next several months!

Any advice or pointers from folks who have been down the civilian to ANG fighter route would be much appreciated.

Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

by SnakeHandler » 29 Mar 2013, 14:45

If you want to go straight to the Guard, you'll need to spend some quality time with the unit you're trying to rush. It's a lot like joining a Fraternity. They need to get to know you since you could be there for a long time. Conversely, you need to get to know them for the same reason. It's as much an interview for them as it is for you.

by stewartjd2 » 02 Apr 2013, 16:24

SnakeHandler wrote:If you want to go straight to the Guard, you'll need to spend some quality time with the unit you're trying to rush. It's a lot like joining a Fraternity. They need to get to know you since you could be there for a long time. Conversely, you need to get to know them for the same reason. It's as much an interview for them as it is for you.

Thanks SnakeHandler, I appreciate the advice. I visited with my first unit on Friday and really enjoyed it. Hoping to hear back in the next couple weeks.