What math should I focus on?

So you want to be an F-35, mechanic, loader, avionics technician...? Here you will learn that you will need education, hard work and steadfast dedication. (Note: This used to be the F-16 crew forum)

by jaguar94 » 29 Feb 2012, 05:27

Hey guys this might be off topics discussed around here but I have a question! What kind of math do I need to focus on the most in order to be able to pass the AFOQT exams and other exams so I could be from the chosen few UPT pilots in the AF?

Thank you!!

P.S.- I'm a junior in H.S.

by tjodalv43 » 01 Mar 2012, 04:20

Whatever math is required in your curriculum is fine. There's no need to go overboard. Same goes for college. I hate math so I took all my math classes during the summer at a local jr college. Just get an AFOQT study guide and you'll do fine on it. You can find them online, just do a google search.

by jaguar94 » 01 Mar 2012, 04:43

Hi, thanks alot for the quick response! I've printed out the AFOQT that I found online and I've finished it! It was pretty easy, I wish the actual exam would be as easy as that!

Also is there a study guides for the AFOQT in the libraries or anything? I heard there are some, I just can't find them online. If you could find just post the link somewhere around here and hopefully I'll purchase it ASAP! Also what do you think my chances are of becoming an AF aviator in the near future with an 88% in H.S.? Thank alot buddy, I really appreciate the response!!!!

by tjodalv43 » 02 Mar 2012, 05:49

The AFOQT prep on wantscheck and baseops are probably all you need. Any tests you find on the internet are probably plenty good for prepping. You chances are as good as the amount of work your willing to put into it. Pilot slots are not easy to get, but they're out there if you put in the effort.

by jaguar94 » 04 Mar 2012, 04:37

Are you a fighter pilot, sir? I mean you know pretty much about these things I guess, don't you?