Could I get into the USAFA

So you want to be an F-35, mechanic, loader, avionics technician...? Here you will learn that you will need education, hard work and steadfast dedication. (Note: This used to be the F-16 crew forum)

by kirkf22 » 06 Dec 2011, 05:33

Hello my name is Kirk, I am a 15 year old male currently attending a highschool in Florida as a freshman. My dream since elementary school has been to attend the Air Force Academy. I can't believe that I'm within a few yea of applying. I would like anyones comments on my chances of getting in and any advice on what else I could do to increase my chances. Well here's everything you have to know about me.

I'm a freshman and have seven classes a day. One of those class is an honors. I am currently taking English 1, Biology 1, Geometry Honors, Spanish 2, Ancient Middle Eastern History, Health/Weight Training, and Symphonic Band (Highest possible band class available at my school.) my first quarter grades were descent, and came out to be a 3.75 GPA. I'm hopfully going to do better than that this quarter and hoping to get A's on my Exams. I am catholic and have been confirmed. I am currently a leader for the confirmation 1 class at my parish that we have every Sunday night. Over Christmas break, I am hopefully joint Civil Air Patrol. I made the vasity fall baseball team at my school and am now awaiting tryouts for the spring. I will hopefully make vasity but I will definately make JV. I am a well rounded student with decent grades and am well liked. I will most likely try to run for student office to show the academy I have leadership skills.

Please answer the following questions for me.
Will I get into the USAFA?
What else should I do to increase my chances?
Should I do mission trips with my school for community service?
What good community service is there? Next year should I take English honors, Algebra 2 honors, and whatever science is next year honors? I will also most likely be dropping the band class next year to take a computer class or should I not do that?
Thank you so much to eeryone who has read the and I look forward to reading all of your comments and advice.
P.S. I recently signed up for the USAFA Pre-Junior Program.

by kirkf22 » 08 Dec 2011, 02:11

Does anyone have any advice or comments or anything?

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

by expedite » 09 Dec 2011, 00:21

Strange... People usually jump on these posts like flys on sierra. Go look at past posts, if no one responds.

by exfltsafety » 09 Dec 2011, 01:58

They're probably tired of answering the same question over and over.

Kirk - Select Access Forum and do a search for Air Force Academy in the Future F-16 Crew section and you'll find several previous threads on the subject.

by kirkf22 » 09 Dec 2011, 04:21

Yes I know I've read them. But I would like responses on my situation and on whether "I" would get in not someone else.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

by americaneagle » 10 Dec 2011, 06:36

Maybe people are out on vacation or something, sooner or later there will be someone answering you