"Where is the Air Force heading" question

So you want to be a Viper driver, mechanic, loader, avionics technician...? Here you will learn that you will need education, hard work and steadfast dedication.
  • Author

davoos15

Unread post17 Nov 2011, 00:44

I'm doing AFROTC in hopes of flying something (preferably the F-16, but obviously that could change). Anyway, I recently read the post entitled "Where is the Air Force heading" and it kind of worried me. My question is rather simple: as a college kid whose dream it is to fly in the Air Force, should I be worried about where the USAF is heading? I'm guessing I won't notice it as much as others, since I would be a newbie, but it's still a concern of mine.

Thanks for your time, everyone.

discofishing

Elite 1K

Elite 1K

Unread post17 Nov 2011, 10:59

I think the Air Force will be fine. Although you might have to watch yourself in the shower now a days, LOL! Just go try to fly jets, if you don't because of what you read on a internet forum, you will regret it the rest of your life.

deadseal

Forum Veteran

Forum Veteran

Unread post17 Nov 2011, 15:27

I think i spearheaded the last topic. As disco said it, if you want it go get it. Remember that queep, no money, the invasion of shoe clerks, shitty jets with shitty systems..... that is all palatable when you fly. It is damn worth it. and if you start now maybe you'll get to fly the 35 when you become a major in 11 years or so :) Remember that it is when soldiers stop bitching that you have to start wondering what is up.

davoos15

Unread post17 Nov 2011, 17:40

Ah, I see. That all makes sense. OK, thank you both. Appreciate it.

Oh....and the 35 doesn't sound too shabby. =D Just gotta take it one step at a time, though.

Return to Future F-16 crew