KF-16 vs. F-15J?

Agreed, it will never be a fair fight but how would the F-16 match up against the ... ?

by x-man » 16 May 2010, 00:26

I had tried to post this once before but does not look like it did:
Korean F-16 vs. JSDF F-15J as they are now, with the weapons currently available. Korean AF has just received its first AWAC and JSDF has a whole fleet of AWAC's/AEW's. Most likely the engagements will take place over water. Any thoughts or comments?

Elite 3K
Elite 3K

by madrat » 16 May 2010, 04:51

Wouldn't it be more appropriate to compare KF-16 + F-15K against F-2 + F-15J? The latter - because of the much deeper across the board support - win easily imho. Tactics win battles, logistics wins wars. So the KF-16 might win 1v1 against the F-2 and the F-15K might win against the F-15J. But the latter camp definitely has the edge with the logistics in the broader sense.

by x-man » 19 May 2010, 22:21

The idea behind this discussion was simply to discuss a version of F-16 vs. a specific aircraft type. I threw in AWAC since it would probably be integral to any engagement between the two historic adversaries.
Some facts to consider (or not consider):
-Japan obviously has an economy several times the size of that of Korea; but this should not be reflected upon a single or multiple aerial engagements between them. Just because Japan has 200+ F-15J's does not mean that they can "deploy" all of them vs. Korea.
-Korea has more KF-16's (50/52) than F-2's.
-I do not know but don't think AAM-4 has been fully deployed by JSDF??? Whereas KoAF has AAMRAM, as well as AIM9X (on F-15K).
-Korean AF which just received its first AWAC, will need lots of time to make it combat ready. What are your thougts on: KF-16 armed with AAMRAM's (+ Sidewinders) vs. F-15J (not the recently upgraded types) with AAM3 or AAM4 and/or AIM7, with or without AWAC backup? Does anyone know of the pilot training levels/qualities of the two air forces?
Thank you.

Banned

by geogen » 20 May 2010, 04:45

it would probably be integral to any engagement between the two historic adversaries.

I'm sorry but, why do I get the sneaky suspicion that the true intent of the thread was to flame a divide between two different states who should not and need not be inflamed?

C'mon man... I'd especially expect better from Helsinki!!! :thumb:

But for the sake of the post - how about presenting a JASDF piloted KF-16 vs a ROKAF piloted F-2 DACT scenario as part of a 21st century friendly exchange??

Welcome to the 21st century :cheers:
The Super-Viper has not yet begun to concede.

by x-man » 20 May 2010, 14:57

This is supposed to be a discussion forum on F-16, not a world peace promoting website. F-16 is a fighter jet, that are used in ...(peaceful efforts only!)

I highly doubt that any discussion here will "inflame a "divide" between two different states 'who'..." The 2 countries involved are countries/nations and not states and they are not "humans" (They are countries/nations).

C'mon man... I'd especially expect better from Helsinki!!!===>BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ Sorry, man, I cannot help you very much and that is not why started this thread.
Welcome to the 21st century===> geogen, get off your butt and read a few newspapers or even watch a few TV news shows.