Transient Alert Contract in Morón AB, Spain

Forum for job postings and employment advice.

by Sturdivk » 06 Jul 2007, 05:01

I just heard that PAE lost the TA contract in Morón Air Base Spain. I heard that a company out of Alabama (Agility First Support LLC) won it. Does anyone know anything about this company and whom the may sub the TA portion out to?

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

by Amigaman » 06 Jul 2007, 13:33

Sturdivk wrote:I just heard that PAE lost the TA contract in Morón Air Base Spain. I heard that a company out of Alabama (Agility First Support LLC) won it. Does anyone know anything about this company and whom the may sub the TA portion out to?

I found this on a web page http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/ ... s_3550.htm

Agility First Support LLC., Madison, Ala., is being awarded cost-plus-award-fee with 3percent base fee contract for $43,600,000. This action provides for base operation and maintenance services using government-furnished facilities at Moron Air Base and Zaragoza, Spain to include: program management, postal services and communication, safety, occupational health, industrial hygiene and ambulance services, civil engineering, services and logistics support services. In addition to providing day-to-day base operation and maintenance services, the requirement also includes contingency and exercise support on a to be negotiated basis. To date, $13,400,000 has been obligated. Solicitations began January 2007 and negotiations were completed June 2007. This work will be complete September 2009. 435th Air Base Wing, Spangdahlem Air Force Base, GE, is the contracting activity (FA5613-07-C-5400).

by andykop1 » 14 Oct 2007, 21:26

Hello to you hear any further news about the TA contract in Moron. I am also interested. Is Dyncorp apart of it also. Worked in Rota for 9 years and would like to get back to Spain. Thanks
Andy

by displaced4u » 22 Oct 2007, 23:52

I only have limited experience with AFS but what happened to me was I put in for a position that was posted. I was called and told I had the job and how fast I could get there. I accepted the position and proceeded to get my pp, this was on a Thursday, on Monday got the benefits notice and on Tuesday got a call and confirmed acceptance. Proceeded to get household things in order, on Thursday was told the job was filled and I did not get it. I ask them why, since they sent a valid job offer, I accepted. Said the job offer was sent to three people and was returned on Monday by another person also, even though they called on Tuesday.
That means they sent out three valid job offers, I know of two of us that accepted. IF they give offers then there better be more than one position? I think they are having some irregularities in hiring and will contact the contract owner(gov) and the contractor to voice a complaint. I had started to pack the house and contacted a mover to store my things, plus spent more money to get my affairs in order. BEWARE

by 3fightermech » 26 Oct 2007, 01:01

how do i contact this company to apply?

by Wolfpack82 » 29 Nov 2007, 10:08

Hello folks! To the gentlemen that got the short end of the stick on the TA job here at Morón last month I sincerely hope life is better. I am truely sorry that happened to you. That is not a pleasant position to be in at all. However, I must say that was a blessing in disguise. If you were to have made it over it would have been ugly for you. Trust me. I have first hand knowledge. PAE "was" the company to work for. If you have any comments or questions please don't hesitate to post them. I'll be happy to respond.

Best regards