Nellis AFB openings

Forum for job postings and employment advice.

by Tankrat » 02 Jun 2007, 00:23

I got this email today.

Dear Mr. xxxxxxx,

CSC-ATD is an employer listed with Monster.com, so I was able to
access your resume and contact information. CSC-ATD will be having an "Open House" on Wednesday June 6th and Thursday June 7th at the Comfort Inn & Suites on E. Craig Road. The advertisement will be in the Sunday, June 3rd Las Vegas Review Journal (please see below). Based upon your experience, we would like to talk with you about possible future employment.

If you are able to attend, please bring a current copy of your resume.

If you know of any friends or former co-workers, who may be interested, lease pass along the information below. Thanks very much and we look orward to seeing you there! If you have any questions, please email
or call me.

Sincerely,

Recruiter
CSC Applied Technology Division
6500 West Freeway, Suite 600
Fort Worth, TX 76116

Computer Sciences Corporation (CSC) is a leading provider of outsourcing services to government and commercial clients worldwide. Applied Technology Division, a wholly owned division of CSC, is seeking experienced personnel in the following fields.

• APG Mechanics
• Structural Fabrication & Repair / Low Observables
• Aerospace Ground Support
• Propulsion
• Egress / Survival Equipment
• NDI Technicians
• Fuels Systems Mechanics
• Armaments / Weapons Mechanics
• ELEC/ECS
• Maintenance Control
• Training

The successful bidder for this contract will begin hiring for these
positions
at Nellis AFB last quarter 2007, first quarter 2008.

CSC-ATD Representatives will be available

Wednesday June 6th 12 PM – 4PM
Thursday June 7th 10 AM – 2PM

Comfort Inn & Suites
4375 E. Craig Road Las Vegas, NV"

Elite 1K
Elite 1K

by VarkVet » 02 Jun 2007, 01:08

Contractors are starting to canvas the local area for talent in the aviation maintenance field to see if they can get the personnel to perform the maintenance in the SOW (Statement of Work) before they bid.

http://www.nellis.af.mil/library/57mxgb ... tition.asp

Personally I hope MEO or Civil Service gets the contract.
My eyes have seen the glory of the Lord and the esthetics of the Flightline

by Tankrat » 02 Jun 2007, 02:45

Im going to the "Open House" and will report back in.........hope they have beer and food :)

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

by aggressor271 » 02 Jun 2007, 03:12

This look like the same thing they did at Edwards last year. The A-76 studies are going on throughout DOD taking the war fighter and placing us where they believe we belong which is on front lines and deployable. There were several bidders for the contracts at Edwards, if I remember right I believe that the company listed above was one of the bidders so were companies like l3 and the likes. The government civilian organization or GCO won every contract that was up for bids at Edwards, and many military members were offered the same positions that they were currently working. The positions range from gs-08 to gs-12 ( i think they are now y somethings), at the time I was working as ANCOIC of wheel and tire/tow target and was offered a GS-12 position but declined( can someone say huge mistake). A SrA and staff that worked in the shop were offered GS-10 positions and took them, I talked to them a few days ago and they are just loving life, the work load is nowhere near what it was, and they are not stuck in one section. They all take turns "learning" other back shop jobs like Phase, T.A., crash, hydraulics's ( rebuilding breaks and actuators) but mostly they get to watch T.V. and B.S.

I believe that this is the end of the bases that you could hide out in.. Edwards, Nellis, Luke, and all the rest will soon have fewer slots if any for military members to go to, unless those military members are willing to become civilians... its unfortunate but it looks like the options are going away.

Good luck to all
96-99 Spang 99-01 Nellis 01-02 Kunsan
02-05 Edwards 05-Present Sheppard

by Aggressor307 » 02 Jun 2007, 03:14

I'll be there as well..... 1 Jan 08 seperation date seems to be working out good!!!!

:pint:

by Tankrat » 02 Jun 2007, 03:19

yea, my ETS is at a good point as well

by tgatesp » 02 Jun 2007, 05:22

aggressor271 wrote:This look like the same thing they did at Edwards last year. The A-76 studies are going on throughout DOD taking the war fighter and placing us where they believe we belong which is on front lines and deployable. There were several bidders for the contracts at Edwards, if I remember right I believe that the company listed above was one of the bidders so were companies like l3 and the likes. The government civilian organization or GCO won every contract that was up for bids at Edwards, and many military members were offered the same positions that they were currently working. The positions range from gs-08 to gs-12 ( i think they are now y somethings), at the time I was working as ANCOIC of wheel and tire/tow target and was offered a GS-12 position but declined( can someone say huge mistake). A SrA and staff that worked in the shop were offered GS-10 positions and took them, I talked to them a few days ago and they are just loving life, the work load is nowhere near what it was, and they are not stuck in one section. They all take turns "learning" other back shop jobs like Phase, T.A., crash, hydraulics's ( rebuilding breaks and actuators) but mostly they get to watch T.V. and B.S.

I believe that this is the end of the bases that you could hide out in.. Edwards, Nellis, Luke, and all the rest will soon have fewer slots if any for military members to go to, unless those military members are willing to become civilians... its unfortunate but it looks like the options are going away.

Good luck to all

Did the test side crew chiefs for f-16's go all civilian also? I was a crew chief there from 94-97 98-00.
will also look into the the nellis jobs, currently working as civil service/ national guard in new orleans on f-15's.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

by aggressor271 » 02 Jun 2007, 20:40

I know the plans were to push all military non test side back in to the field. I was looking at the equal listing for overseas returns and Edwards had 3 opening for Techs... I will give my friend a call on monday and let you know
96-99 Spang 99-01 Nellis 01-02 Kunsan
02-05 Edwards 05-Present Sheppard

Elite 1K
Elite 1K

by VarkVet » 02 Jun 2007, 20:51

I know the plans were to push all military non test side back in to the field. I was looking at the equal listing for overseas returns and Edwards had 3 opening for Techs... I will give my friend a call on monday and let you know

Those 3 slots are most likely F-35 positions "BRO" :)

by cutlassracer » 02 Jun 2007, 21:01

They need to speed this process along. I'm already silly service and want to move back to a real aircraft on a real flightline.
Torrejon, Homestead, Moody, Osan, Holloman
USAF Crew Chief 89-99
F-16D 90-0794/90-0779
F-117A 83-0807

by cutlassracer » 02 Jun 2007, 21:12

was offered a GS-12 position but declined( can someone say huge mistake

HUGE MISTAKE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :slap: Ain't hind sight a b!tch
Torrejon, Homestead, Moody, Osan, Holloman
USAF Crew Chief 89-99
F-16D 90-0794/90-0779
F-117A 83-0807

Elite 1K
Elite 1K

by VarkVet » 02 Jun 2007, 21:16

They need to speed this process along. I'm already silly service and want to move back to a real aircraft on a real flightline.

I think the aviation field along with AF consolidation/BRAC is going to explode out west … you can’t beat the Nellis Test Range and the air space around Eddy for what you need to do for flight and weapons test. If EG test comes out west … boy are we going to have some fun.
:D

by cdhstang » 03 Jun 2007, 04:35

tgatesp wrote:Did the test side crew chiefs for f-16's go all civilian also? I was a crew chief there from 94-97 98-00.
will also look into the the nellis jobs, currently working as civil service/ national guard in new orleans on f-15's.

Hey Tom,

All of Edwards is Civilian. :cry: Chris Bohlman is a Pro Super at the JFS (last I heard) and Mayorga is also still at Edwards in the JSF program.

by sweetpete » 07 Jun 2007, 00:36

Whats up guys, how'd the job fair go?
F-16A/B/C/D Mech AZ ANG/Top Gun
F/A-18A/B/C/D Mech Top Gun
F-14A Mech Top Gun
UH-60A/L Driver NV ARNG

by sweetpete » 09 Jul 2007, 00:52

Anyone go to the job fair?
F-16A/B/C/D Mech AZ ANG/Top Gun
F/A-18A/B/C/D Mech Top Gun
F-14A Mech Top Gun
UH-60A/L Driver NV ARNG