UAE Jobs

Forum for job postings and employment advice.

by sweetpete » 29 May 2007, 22:30

I know there has been speculation here before about compensation, but i got a firm job offer today, for any who are interested here are the details.

F-16 UAE Program
Compensation Work Sheet

Date 29-May-07

Position Pneudraulics "I" Level

Annual Base Salary ($23.50 X 2080) $48,880.00
Per Diem ($35.00 X 335 days) $11,725.00
Completion Bonus (10% of Annual base salary) $4,888.00
Housing (Provided - shared with one employee)
Transportation (Provided - shared with one employee)
Annual Vacation (30 - days paid)
Annual airline tickets (Round trip - UAE / HOR)
Reimbursement for pp
Reimbursement for Medical
Reimbursement for Internationals dl

Total First Year $65,493.00

Could be better, could be worse but if your looking for work this might not be to bad. They must be hard up because I applied yesterday and they called and offered 1 day later. They also offerd me a crew cheif job, so I think they need all types. Just apply on the DynCorp website if your interested. Not trying to start a flame war here just info for those that are interested. One more thing is that the individual who I talked to said they anticipate being able to offer single quarters for those bringing their families, but who knows.

Pete
F-16A/B/C/D Mech AZ ANG/Top Gun
F/A-18A/B/C/D Mech Top Gun
F-14A Mech Top Gun
UH-60A/L Driver NV ARNG

by shadowruse » 30 May 2007, 00:31

Ok Sweet Pete, this is the big chance to clear much up on the UAE/Dyn Corp jobs. We get alot of bad remarks about this stuff and I think it would be a great thing for everyone to see you write in alot about how it's goin with that job. I know I would personally love to hear how its goin over you time there so keep sending in a lil note every month or so to let us know how it REALLY is. Thx
Sie Williams
F-16 CC
Shaw 91-94
Osan 94-95
Nellis 95-97

Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

by JoeSambor » 30 May 2007, 11:13

What about tax liability? How much of your income will be taxed (don't forget, housing and transportation will be counted as income) and who is responsible for taking care of taxes? That is a HUGE question mark. Perhaps those who have been there already could answer, but taxes are likely to take a chunk of that money away.

Best Regards,
Joe Sambor
LM Aero Field Service Engineer
Woensdrecht Logistics Center, The Netherlands

by sweetpete » 30 May 2007, 12:45

Good call Joe, I already e-mailed about this little detail and should get a response shortly, Ill let you guys know what they say.

Pete
F-14A Mech Top Gun
UH-60A/L Driver NV ARNG

by ViperDude » 30 May 2007, 13:56

JoeSambor wrote:What about tax liability? How much of your income will be taxed (don't forget, housing and transportation will be counted as income) and who is responsible for taking care of taxes? That is a HUGE question mark. Perhaps those who have been there already could answer, but taxes are likely to take a chunk of that money away.

Best Regards,

I hear the Hypo-Tax Birdie singing......lol

Cheers,

ViperDude

by EG2006 » 30 May 2007, 14:48

You will be taxed on Fed MED/EE and Fed OASDI/EE , the other state tax is exempt, State and Federal. The Max each year is 85,000.00 I think. I just finished a job over there. The tax deal is not just company policy. It might take some time as before with me for it to kick in but you will get retro for it.
{Get it Back} if they took any taxes out on you at first, till you achieve
International status.
ACES II Tech 1980-Present
Lockheed Martin Tech Rep

by buggerboo » 30 May 2007, 16:30

I am not trying to be a bubble-buster but I am just trying to let people know what they might be getting into before they make that leap. I posted another comment on the "soon to be openings in the uae" and I suggest anybody who might be interested in working for DynCorp in the UAE read my comment, it is still the last one under my account name buggerboo. As I said in my comment you have to be careful of the husband/wife team running that organization. You are also working for a branch out of the UK, which means you basically have no rights when you start having problems with the company. DynCorp has done what they do best and that is go in and underbid every company, which means next to the Indians and the Pakistani people you are going to be the lowest paid people in the country. The management team will tell you things like "it is the best contract in the country" which tells you right away they are lying to your face.

As for the family, they encouge you to bring them over just to hold it over your head when you have any personal family issues and they will say "well it is a single persons contract" yet the managers wife works there and thats just fine with them. Try to say a single word to her and you will be in front of the managers desk being threatened with your job. This is the worst case of a conflict of interest I have ever seen.

As for the local people there they can be a bit hard to work for, being that you are supposed to be an expert. Over they are some really good people and once they get to know you they will take you in like you are family. But on the other hand if they have an issue with you they will let you know and the DynCorp management will turn on you like a wounded animal in shark infested waters. You can be friends with the Asst. manager one day and the manager will decide that he wants you gone and the Asst. manager will not even have the decency to look you in the face and talk to you anymore.

Once again If you want to try good luck but do your homework first.

by MechFromHell » 30 May 2007, 17:04

Everytime a UAE jobs thread or something similar opens up on this site it turns into a bitch/moan session. For all of you out there that have a "horror story" about working for Dyncorp...why don't you share with the rest of us what you may have done to percipitate the actions that made for such "horrid" working conditions. Was it something that really happened to you or was it something that happened to a friend of a friend of yours? Is it an accurate story? Those are the kind of things that should be discussed. Better yet, does anyone know a Dyncorp manager? Get him on here to share the Co.'s side. I'd be willing to bet that the truth would be somewhere between the 2 sides. :evil:
Crew Chief
Mountain Home AFB 2000-2005~91-0370
Sheppard AFB 2005-2009~F-16 Instr
Kadena AB 2009-2015
Holloman AFB 2015-Now

by sweetpete » 30 May 2007, 17:35

Like I said in my original post, not trying to start a therapy session just a little info on whats being offered for those that are interested. If your not interested or have already been burned, let it alone we are all grown adults and realize the grass isnt always greener. Regardless i think that this is a good option for those with no other options or just looking for something new.

Pete
F-14A Mech Top Gun
UH-60A/L Driver NV ARNG

by Sturdivk » 31 May 2007, 06:44

All, like MechFromHell stated. There are two sides to every story. Throughtout my short time on this earth we are all adults that may our own decisions. Speak your peace and let it go. There are good and bad in all contracts. We all do what we do for our own personal reasons. No matter what others say we do things to better our lives and the lives of loved ones. So, with that being said, let it go! Pete, I commend you for trying to get the information out there so others can make informed decisions.

Ken

by ViperKeeper » 31 May 2007, 07:41

Being someone in the loop... all i can say is do your home work.

And as for you guys saying "just come out and tell us" ..ya right ..you always sign something banning yourself from doing just that when things go wrong or else they will sue for slander.
GERB
98-01 22nd FS
01-03 416th Test/Projects
03-04 36th FS
04 79th FS
05-08 312th Tactical
08-08 331skv FS
08-09 313th Pursuit

by buggerboo » 02 Jun 2007, 17:06

Sorry if I offended anybody, but I just want fellow aviation brothers to know what they are getting into so that you hopefully are not one of those people like me that get to a place and have people like the management there who actually take pride in destroying peoples life for there own gain. I will not bother your site again unless I see the management trying to feed you lies to lure you in. The U.A.E. is a wonderful country with wonderful people so if you do decide to go there try to make the best of the country and try not to let DynCorp rule your life. Once again sorry.

by patriotsyear » 06 Jun 2007, 19:25

All good info. Thanks to all.

The big differences that I see between what dyncorp is offering and what
DS2 (The Lockheed affiliate that was underbid by dyncorp several months
ago) offered me last January are as follows:

The per diem that DS2 offered was $288 per day for the first 30 days in
country and $66 per day after that. So you are looking at around 30k per
year versus the 11k from dyncorp.

DS2 offered me my own place. Dyncorp says you share. This is a big difference! I worked in Saudi for a few years and there are times when
you need your space. DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE how big of a deal this is!
I shared with a good guy and we still got on each others nerves.

The Emirates is a great place to live as it is far more liberal than Saudi. So
that is a definite plus.

But ask Lockheed guys out there now if they would rather stay on with LM or go with Dyncorp. Personally, I think dyncorp is going to have problems pulling this off. So, you could have a contract in hand (like I did from DS2 in
January) and still be out of luck.

Anybody that goes out, make sure that you enjoy yourself and don't take it too seriously. It's a whole different world! And try not to spend too much time in Dubai because you will spend too much of your illgotten gains.

Good luck, talk to people, ask questions and take care!

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

by oldjay » 10 Sep 2007, 15:40

Wonder how much the ex - Generic Electric "mechanic" (repairmen?) teams from TRAINCROFT and JET ASSOCIATES are making...

Who?

Minimum wage?

Are they even still there?

by joeblow » 26 Sep 2007, 17:26

I am LM and the Dyncorp deal is not a deal at all, they have very few people with experience signing on, now the Dyn deal would be good for, say a guy working in Lowes at 12 bucks an hour, but for anyone with experience, no way........besides LM has several slots open for WAY better money and conditions..............

Best advice is find out the facts BEFORE you sign............

As for UAE, I love it here, and yes there are some "pull your hair" out things but overall, excellent place to be, especially for an Arab country.
LM in UAE
Been here 2 years

Next