UAE Jobs

Forum for job postings and employment advice.
  • Author

darklen14

Unread post20 Oct 2007, 07:04

I just got a call from a Dyncorp recruiter. The lady said that I will be getting a call from a manager from over there. She said its possible that you wont get a call just a Fedex in the mail with an offer like the one above and instructions. I would be working on AH-64D Apache (what I Did in the Army) in Abu Dhabi making 70k with an option to renew. I am waiting for that phone call but after 2 days nothing yet and I called and left a message on the recruiters phone. I am wondering if anyone that has been through the hiring process can tell me if I get that first call saying they are interested and want to set up an interview with the manager in UAE that I preety much will get the job? (in their crosshairs) Or is it still an Iffy and I shouldn't waist my time.

goody28

Unread post20 Oct 2007, 20:31

darklen- If you are interested in the job go for it! The money is great, but remember you are going to earn it. I'm sure your Army experience has taught you that. What do you have to lose? It's only a one year contract, just make sure you understand what benefits you will be getting. I've seen posts where complaints were made about items like rent were not included. Those benefits are listed in the contract, so you can only blame yourself for not knowing which benefits are not included. I'm sure you've read a lot of negative posts, remember those only represent a small percntage of the people who have been through the program. Bottom line-make your own decision. How many times have you heard a lot of negatives about something only to find out it was not what you heard? As for not getting a callback, most of the recruiters are running multiple programs. If your recruiter is Tammy Reeves, she is also handling the F-16 program, so I'm sure she is busy and will get back to you as soon as possible. Here's a link to the website with some of the jobs listd: http://www.dyncorprecruiting.com/ext/co ... ?ProgID=16 Don't forget your first $82,400 is tax free too! That's per the IRS, publication 54. Just do a search at www.IRS.gov I hope this helps and good luck!

darklen14

Unread post21 Oct 2007, 22:57

Yes thank you for the reply goody28. The recruiter is Lisa McCormic. I know this is the F-16 forum but it has to do with the same company. From what I was told by Lisa it is 70k tax free- free housing, doubled up unless you have family going, completion bonus, 30 day leave, free plane ticket. As of right now this is my only chance to get a better deal than the stateside. I was about to go back in the Army after 10 years of service but something told me to hold on and find that job.

traila2008

Unread post29 Oct 2007, 22:11

Can you bring a "significant other" along with you to the UAE?

goody28

Unread post31 Oct 2007, 20:43

traila- From what understand you can bring a spouse or sig other with, but you have to pay travel expenses. Check with your recruiter to be sure...

darklen14

Unread post26 Nov 2007, 00:29

AN update-- yes you can bring your spouse but I dont know what quarters they would give you - If you have to share a room with someone else I will be pissed. I just got an email from Dyncorp they want me over there- will be getting hiring packet in mail monday - same deal 65k year tax free.

oldjay

Enthusiast

Enthusiast

Unread post27 Nov 2007, 16:07

darklen14 wrote: I just got an email from Dyncorp they want me over there- will be getting hiring packet in mail monday - same deal 65k year tax free.

let us know if you ever actually get anything from them

like an airplane ticket

right

Aggressor307

Unread post28 Nov 2007, 10:12

It's all good that you can get to bring your "other" but the question is, what the hell are they going to do while you're working all day? It's not exactly like there's all sorts of things to do all day.....

The better deal is the jobs being offered by Battlespace working on the Predator. You can bring in $47K in 3 months easily.....

Do 2 3 month tours and you've made over 90K and have the other half of the year to enjoy your money, in the states... ;)

knghthwkxx

Unread post28 Nov 2007, 19:51

the battlespace job is for two four month rotations

balad04

Unread post21 Dec 2007, 20:54

knghthwkxx wrote:the battlespace job is for two four month rotations
Can anyone tell me what Battlespace is doing in the middle east? This sound like a great way to work....4 months on and 4 months off. I was at Camp Anaconda, Iraq in 04. What is the pay for the 4 months? Thanks all.

viperloader

Enthusiast

Enthusiast

Unread post22 Dec 2007, 05:43

Predator junk. I guess it pays well and there are a few different programs you can try for.

asiatrails

Forum Veteran

Forum Veteran

Unread post22 Dec 2007, 06:43

From Flight Global:

Working week - Captain Santa talks about flying the world's favourite cargo carrier

How long have you been in this business?

We have been in gift distribution for some 1.600 years now. Our organisation was founded in the 4th century by Bishop Nicholas of Smyrna (Izmir), in what is now Turkey. He gave joy to poor children by throwing gifts in through their windows. Our reputation grew from there. The basic foot-based delivery and distribution network remained unchanged for more than thirteen centuries with my namesake Sinter Klaas, a Dutchman, running the operation as it expanded across Europe from our hub near what is now Schipol.

So when did it move into an airborne system?

Well as ever, we can thank the inventiveness of the Americans building on a good European idea. A number of our investors moved from Holland to New York in the early 18th century and the Sinter Klaas business expanded there. Our activities were widely reported thanks to popular author Washington Irving who gave Americans their first detailed information in 1809.

We became a full-blown US operation in 1823 when a new fleet strategy was outlined in a report called The Night Before Christmas by Clement Clarke Moore. He proposed using eight reindeers to power our sleigh rather than the horses that we had been using. His eight-engined design was later picked up by The Boeing Company for the B52. Amazingly, although we were the first to introduce powered flight, the Federal Aviation Authority was never able to certificate our sleigh or reindeer system - or even believe in our existence - which explains why the Wright brothers are erroneously attributed as being the first to achieve manned powered flight.

How have things changed?

The biggest change was probably in the mid-1930s when we introduced a ninth power source called Rudolph. Thanks to some interesting wireless technology developments we were able to get a glowing red beacon at Rudolph's forward point which enabled us to maintain safe flight when transiting uncontrolled airspace.

On brand identity too, our now traditional red and white livery design was frozen in a shared marketing operation with soft drink manufacturer Coca Cola , but unfortunately the first of the User Fee arguments were being proposed at this time and so we felt we had to move away from the USA's congested airspace and relocated to Lapland in the Arctic Circle where our MRO operation and logistics facilities spread across several national borders and as a result we don't have problems with any individual civil aviation authority.

What are working conditions like in Lapland?

Much better. We were out of touch for some time relying on slightly singed mail from our customers. We now have the internet and so keep in touch with industry headlines through flightglobal.com. Sadly we are no longer spared the ongoing Boeing versus Airbus spats. We have advised both sides that if they do not behave we will not be visiting Seattle or Toulouse next week.

How often do you get to fly?

I only log 24 hours every year but of course we complete more than 185,000km (100,000nm) as not only do we circumnavigate the planet we also have to do a lot of regional point-to-point missions to meet delivery requirements. I have had to get support from our feeder operations through Weihnachtsmann, in Germany and Father Christmas in England, In France, we have Pèrè Noël, but he is regularly facing labour relations issues with the French elves who are determined to protect their jobs.

What are your biggest issues?

I do have a number of concerns for the future. For example, the growth of satellite television means many of our rooftop landing strips are impeded by satellite dishes. As far as the environment is concerned, we have some issues over emissions due to the high-fibre fuelling system for the reindeers which is let off as exhaust during flight, but we firmly believe we are the most fuel efficient cargo carrier in the world.

But when all is said and done, this is a great job and there are no vacancies at this time.

oldjay

Enthusiast

Enthusiast

Unread post11 Jan 2008, 22:26

For those of you still remaining at the back of DynCorp's convention hall, a few folding chairs and cardtables left under the bare, last, flickering fluorescent light, allow me the unhappy duty of being "bouncer", as I walk by, pushing my broom, sweeping up the last bits of confetti from last YEARS' big UAE party...

DynCorp did NOT get the UAE F-16 maintenance contract.

Tah-dah! ( ?!? press release ?!? )

Now, c'mon, fellers- did anyone really think happy ol' LM would ever allow this to happen? They're already on the ground, already have favors owed, already know where all the bodies are buried. While silly DC yuppies were banging on the front door, fatcat LM honchos were on the back porch with the Emirates officials saying, "more coffee with that bag of money, obbie?"

Jeez... now I gotta watch both kiddies in our shop drag around like droopy pups. Until the NEXT "prospective" contract comes around, of course... :D

ViperKeeper

Unread post11 Jan 2008, 23:21

I dont know why all AF guys think there is only one place to be. Most other countries are still hiring. Problem is if people there dont know you your chances are slim.
GERB
98-01 22nd
01-03 416th/Pro
03-04 36th
04 79th
05-08 312th
08-08 331skv
08-09 313th

oldjay

Enthusiast

Enthusiast

Unread post14 Jan 2008, 20:33

ViperKeeper wrote:I dont know why all AF guys think there is only one place to be.

"AF" guys...?

Are there any other kind? (on the -16?)

Eh, okay, I suppose General Dynam- ah, Lockheed, has cool rocket-scientist Techies who probably spent their 20s at MIT, not Lackland. Wish I were smarter than a can of Budweiser. :oops:

(Jeepers, Jay! Never seen nails pounded through the board, not just down into the wood...)
PreviousNext

Return to Job Openings