F-22 Raptor job openings at Nellis, Nevada

Forum for job postings and employment advice.
  • Author

MakoWes

Unread post25 Jan 2006, 19:55

Saw this today on the Vertex Web page:

Skill Classification: F-22, Nellis AFB, NV.
F-22 RAPTOR, All Specialties. Minimum 8 Yrs. Experience. Must have held Security Clearance with in the last 2 Yrs. Minimum security clearance level is secret.

Sending resumes:

VPRFIXER

Enthusiast

Enthusiast

Unread post26 Jan 2006, 00:37

Where on the website I checked and only seen jobs at Osan, Holloman etc no jobs at Nellis?? Do you have have a website link to help maybe I was looking at the wrong Vertex L-3 aerospace, thanks....

MakoWes

jetmech8

Unread post26 Jan 2006, 05:15

Thanks Mako. One question though. 8 yrs. experience on what?? I hope not the Raptor :shrug: that would be tough!

falconfixer860261

Forum Veteran

Forum Veteran

Unread post26 Jan 2006, 14:14

Usually F-16 experience is fine - at least that's the way it's worked in other parts of the program. For an F-16 maintainer the F-22 will be familiar territory. In fact there have probably been more F-16 maintainers in the program than F-15. It's that nasty fly-by-wire thingy that the F-15 guys just don't understand. I was right at home working on the Raptor but some of the 15 guys took quite a while to spool up.

Meathook

Elite 3K

Elite 3K

Unread post17 Feb 2006, 20:11

Hill AFB recently won a contract to modify and upgrade the F-22 aircraft. There will be a slue of jobs opening up very soon (so I have heard) here at Hill. If your ex-military, your chances are increased of being hired (in my opinion) due to the ease of obtaining or reactivating your old or existing USAF Security Clearance and related aircraft maintenance experience.

I would keep watching the Federal Jobs page on the Internet or go to the Hill AFB web-page and click on the links that should take you to open job positions available or being offered. I know there coming because we get our first aircraft........soon.

So, there are now F-16's, A-10's, C-130 aircraft upgrades and maintenance efforts under way and soon the F-22 maintenance actions will be added to that listing. Keep plugging, don't give up...jobs will be open and more then likely, if you have ex-USAF experience on fighters...you got a better then average shot at it (my opinion).

Good luck.......
More than likely have "been there and done that at some point", it sure keeps you young if done correctly

Return to Job Openings