On PPP... what chances?

Forum for job postings and employment advice.

by Angel » 10 Jun 2005, 21:13

Hi everybody :D

I am new to this site and I would like to start with a topic and I hope I can get some help on it.
I am german and married to an american civilian actually working for the Air Force Base here in Biloxi,MS as a Recreation Assistant.
It could be that he will be listed for the Priority Placement Program in July and I would like to find out how the chances are for him to go back to Germany where he used to work for 10 years. Is it easier for him to go back when he is on PPP?

Greetings

Angel

by mark » 10 Jun 2005, 22:36

Why do you say that he could be listed for PPP in July? Is it because of a RIF or a BRAC action? If thats the case then he could be offered a position in Germany (or any other location for that fact). When the AF fills a job involving a civilian they have some things they are required to consult when it involves hiring. The PPP is one of the first things they to look at. If no one is qualified on the PPP (or someone on the PPP refuses an interview) then they can persue normal channels. The AF will see a HUGE increase in PPP activity when the BRAC list becomes final and folks start looking for jobs at other locations.
Gravity....its not just a good idea, ITS THE LAW!

by galu » 20 Jun 2005, 03:26

This seems like a good place for a follow on concerning BRAC question. Are any benefits for moving expenses,etc., granted to contractors who are realigned because of the BRAC? Is there any place to check out something like this? Is there a web site set up to list job openings caused by BRAC changes?

by mark » 20 Jun 2005, 18:01

I would imagine any moving expenses for a contractor would have to be discussed with the company that has the contract not the government. There arent any job openings yet because the list is not final. There wont even be a clue on jobs until the list becomes law and there are some serious battles to be fought before that happens.
Gravity....its not just a good idea, ITS THE LAW!